Whos gone/going back?

Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:20 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whos gone/going back?

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
Me too! Never in public though...

We are leaving on Friday
Are you? For good? Tell us more.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:31 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Are you? For good? Tell us more.
LOL not much to tell really. We sold our house a couple of weeks ago, had the leaving do last Friday and we're leaving this Friday. We're moving to Surrey where hub is originally from (I'm not a Brit) and I'm really pleased that we're finally getting out of here!!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:34 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

LOL not much to tell really. We sold our house a couple of weeks ago, had the leaving do last Friday and we're leaving this Friday. We're moving to Surrey where hub is originally from (I'm not a Brit) and I'm really pleased that we're finally getting out of here!!
Whereabouts in Surrey? How long have you been in Oz? Have you lived in UK before?
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:44 am
Account Closed

Whereabouts in Surrey? How long have you been in Oz? Have you lived in UK before?
We are moving to Weybridge. I have lived in the UK before and I absolutely loved it, I've lived in both London and Brighton. I feel much more 'at home' there.

We've been here for nearly 4 (long) years. I don't hate Melbourne I just don't feel very comfortable here if that makes sense?
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:55 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Hello pommybird, it was good to read your post. Tell us abit about yourselves. Did you have a house to go back to? How did hubby settle etc.? Where is home for you? Where were you in Perth? Do you have children?

I think I've felt worse since the birth of my twin niece & nephew. That was almost a year ago and they are both walking now, so I've missed an awful lot already. It just breaks my heart not to be able to cuddle them and, the fact that they won't know me doesn't bear thinking about. It's a second marriage for my brother who had a successful sterilisation reversal, so the twins were totally unexpected. My sister in law is Spanish (and lovely toboot), so the babies are being brought up learning both English & Spanish and already saying "thank you and gracias, hello and hola", which is so cute. As things are at the moment, I can see me going home alone. It's not what I wanted, but it's looking more and more likely. It is sad, but I have so many regrets and I don't want to add to that list anymore.
Yes luckily we decided to rent our house out as we only had a small mortgage and rent far outweighed mortgage payments - we lived in Como - right near the river - it was nice being so close to the city - could definitely not have coped if we were further out in the 'burbs'. Yes we have 2 children 3 and 5 - they liked Perth but are just as happy if not more so back in the UK. My eldest really missed her grandparents and cousins(the youngest wasn't too bothered!!). As for hubby well yes he has settled - but still has the odd moan about weather, traffic etc!!

I truly feel the UK is home for me and always will be - I am still glad we tried the Perth thing otherwise I know I would always have wondred 'what if'??

I know we all get tied up in the 'is the UK or Oz a better place to live' but I think that question is sooooo personal - for some Perth is paradise for others it is not -some love the UK and having Europe on the doorstep but some do not - I guess it all comes down to where you are happy and where you feel you belong - I now know I could never live anywhere else but here but would never have found that out unless we had made our journey to perth - I wish you well for whatever you decide - It must be awful for you feeling as you do - and I hope you and hubby find a way of working things out so you can stay together.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 12:05 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

We are moving to Weybridge. I have lived in the UK before and I absolutely loved it, I've lived in both London and Brighton. I feel much more 'at home' there.

We've been here for nearly 4 (long) years. I don't hate Melbourne I just don't feel very comfortable here if that makes sense?
Weybridge is a very nice area!! Lucky you!!! Where are you from ? Are you an aussie?!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
Weybridge is a very nice area!! Lucky you!!! Where are you from ? Are you an aussie?!
Yes it is lovely, we did a reccie in December to try and decide where to choose and Weybridge came out on top.

I am Canadian but I have been living in Australia (unhappily) for the last few years.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 3:22 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

..........but I have been living in Australia (unhappily) for the last few years.

Oh well...........join the club!!!!!

What is it that makes you unhappy?
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Best

What is it that makes you unhappy?
The thought of spending the rest of my life dripping with sweat and trying to think of Reasons to be Cheerful in Queensland........
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:32 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The thought of spending the rest of my life dripping with sweat and trying to think of Reasons to be Cheerful in Queensland........
A bit OT, OK a lot OT, the Stanmer is up for rent. And the all night Cafe by the Market is still open.

The Tin Drum is still there and doing well.

These news snippets bought to you by the GBC, Gruffs Broadcasting Company.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:58 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
A bit OT, OK a lot OT, the Stanmer is up for rent. And the all night Cafe by the Market is still open.

The Tin Drum is still there and doing well.

These news snippets bought to you by the GBC, Gruffs Broadcasting Company.
Wonder if I could come home and take over the Stanmer Free beer to all B&H Bus Drivers.....just abandon your bus at Fiveways and come in
As for the All Night Diner! WOW!! Though it would've died when the market moved. Can't count the number of greasy breakfasts I ahd there in the early hours...
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:06 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Wonder if I could come home and take over the Stanmer Free beer to all B&H Bus Drivers.....just abandon your bus at Fiveways and come in
You'd need a bloody big car park
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:12 am

The Big Co-op in London Road has closed, as has Sainsburys, they've built a bigger one up the back, in what is now called 'The New England Quarter'
It just doesn't have the same ring as Cheapside.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 1:11 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
The Big Co-op in London Road has closed, as has Sainsburys, they've built a bigger one up the back, in what is now called 'The New England Quarter'
It just doesn't have the same ring as Cheapside.
It was on the cards for Sainsburys to close and the new one open by the station when I moved to Brighton in 1982! I used the station when i was there in February and they were just doing the building work for the new development behind London Rd. You're right, its not the same ring as "Cheapside". I'll have to have a nose round when i'm back next and see just how much its all changed. My money is on London Road dying altogether though if the Co-op has finally shut. Look how its went down hill once the old M&S shut years back - just became the haunt of the Moulsecoomb Mums with their 8 sniffling kids in one pushchair, buying up their tat in the £ shop
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

britex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of lightbritex is a glorious beacon of light

well guys its just as hard here in texas .i have been here 7 years .my wife is from here and cant under stand why any one would miss a little town like watford .but i miss it each day.i so sick of having to tell how i ended up here .and no i dont sound like mick dundee .i think you just want to fit in .but you never do your always the outsider

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.