Whos gone/going back?

Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whos gone/going back?

Originally Posted by mandtooz
we are going back too! i was originally amanda76, we have been here since end june, and will be heading back beg of aug if all goes well with doggy! aus not for us at all, dont think we will be ping pongers, but never say never.........had some breathtaking experiences and wouldnt have swapped it for the world, no regrets, but really really happy about going home!
Gosh I remember that name. Didn't you have a little pink angel avatar or something? Where did you go to in Australia?

So many questions. Sorry.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

Jessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud ofJessie James has much to be proud of

I'm not exactly a regular either but have found this part of the forum invaluable over the last couple of years!

We moved here in 2003 and are now planning to head back either for Christmas this year or Feb/March 2008. It's been the most difficult, most brilliant thing we have ever done. We have come such a long way both individually and as a couple and now I can't wait to start the next chapter of our lives together - a million times wiser, stronger and happier than when we arrived!

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I dont very often venture in here but like to have a read of a few threads now and then to get both sides. There was also a period when I hardly came onto the site at all and have kind of lost track if where everybody is.

I've just spotted a few names that I didnt even realise either had or were planning on going back to the uk. For example, Juliecabs and Geordie George.

Which other regulars over the past year or two have or are returning?

Tracey
Old Feb 13th 2007, 4:18 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sunbather
Gosh I remember that name. Didn't you have a little pink angel avatar or something? Where did you go to in Australia?

So many questions. Sorry.

hehe

similar, i had baby sucking a dummy!

im in bayside, qld

where abouts are you?
Old Feb 13th 2007, 4:28 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Yup, I'm back. Came back after only 3 months on the GC. And I'm very happy to be back here again
Hubby is working, eldest daughter has been temping but starts full time at the end of Feb. Son is working until he can start college in September and youngest daughter is back at her old school, busy studying for her GCSE's and loving it.
I have been working part time but I have an interview tomorrow for a job in the travel biz so please keep your fingers crossed. I really want this job.
We move back into our house (which we rented out luckily) on the first weekend of March. Looking forward to that.

Julie. X
Well done to you. But, how do you 'feel' now you're back home? I know this is one of those difficult questions because trying to put emotions into words is sometimes pretty tough. It's just that some people desperately want to go home and when they get there, they realise they should've stayed in Oz. I'm terrified that will happen to me despite me having wanted to go home for 2.5 years!!
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandtooz
hehe

similar, i had baby sucking a dummy!

im in bayside, qld

where abouts are you?
I'm in Perth. I used to post under a different name by left for a variety of reasons. Trouble is you kind of get sucked back in here
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:20 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sunbather
I'm in Perth. I used to post under a different name by left for a variety of reasons. Trouble is you kind of get sucked back in here

ditto on all accounts! and yes sucked back in , lol

good luck, i presume you are going back?
Old Feb 13th 2007, 2:22 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

I think this (2o) year in the US is enough. By coincidence I got an E Mail from a UK employment agency offering great GBP this morning.
It seemed easy moving over here younger with just 2 suitcases, but moving back.....wow!
Rob
Old Feb 13th 2007, 2:26 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I dont very often venture in here but like to have a read of a few threads now and then to get both sides. There was also a period when I hardly came onto the site at all and have kind of lost track if where everybody is.

I've just spotted a few names that I didnt even realise either had or were planning on going back to the uk. For example, Juliecabs and Geordie George.

Which other regulars over the past year or two have or are returning?

Tracey

hello petal

me too ... completely lost track of who's where!

weare still here in the uk ... will get to aus one day, but wont say it will be for good - we will give it a go and if we dont like it, then come back to the uk :d

good luck to all those planning the move back to the uk .... not much changes despite what you read/hear :wink:
sue x
Old Feb 13th 2007, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
we are still here in the uk ... will get to aus one day, but wont say it will be for good - we will give it a go and if we dont like it, then come back to the uk :d

sue x
Hello

same here.

how you doing? Is that tra sorted yet?
Old Feb 13th 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by atkinsfamily
Hi
Unfortuantly we are going back in 12 days time, it just didnt work our for us here.
Good luck to anyone waiting to go home, I know how hard it is when you dont want to be somewhere.
All the best on the journey back to the UK hope it all works out for you
Old Feb 13th 2007, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JoD
Not sure I'm a regular either, but I did put out a few posts around this time last year when I was struggling to make a decision whether to go home or not - and now I've been back in the UK for almost a year and loving every second of it. I'm glad I went to Canada and "gave it a try", but the UK is my home and always will be.

Good luck to all of you.
Hi
Glad that you have settled in the UK whereabouts in Canada were you
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:58 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

We arrived back home last Thursday. Despite being desperate to get home (financial and family reasons) we found that we were really quite sad to leave Melbourne. I think it was more the realisation that our dreams of 3 years had finally come to an end than wanting to stay in Australia though. It was more emotional than we thought it would be. Once the plane got near to Europe though, I was beside myself with excitement. Our daughters were waiting for us at the airport - it was brilliant to all be together again.

We had a fantastic weekend celebrating our daughters 18th birthday with family and it was so wonderful to actually feel alive again - to laugh and dance and be truly happy.

Today we've all been out house and car hunting and needed a break so we called into one of the village pubs for a few drinks - it was lovely to sit there as a family again in a local pub with familiar faces around us. The UK may not have the lovely weather that Australia has but for me it sure as hell has more character and more life
Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:07 pm
going home!!

Originally Posted by LouiseD
We arrived back home last Thursday. Despite being desperate to get home (financial and family reasons) we found that we were really quite sad to leave Melbourne. I think it was more the realisation that our dreams of 3 years had finally come to an end than wanting to stay in Australia though. It was more emotional than we thought it would be. Once the plane got near to Europe though, I was beside myself with excitement. Our daughters were waiting for us at the airport - it was brilliant to all be together again.

We had a fantastic weekend celebrating our daughters 18th birthday with family and it was so wonderful to actually feel alive again - to laugh and dance and be truly happy.

Today we've all been out house and car hunting and needed a break so we called into one of the village pubs for a few drinks - it was lovely to sit there as a family again in a local pub with familiar faces around us. The UK may not have the lovely weather that Australia has but for me it sure as hell has more character and more life

yes very good comments, me and my hubby were commenting last night that we think we will be more sad than we think when we leave oz, for those very reasons- its the final curtain on your dreams! but in all fairness we have cried (well me!!) many tears over the past few months, especially when you are agonising over your decision to return or not! i hope and pray we will be the same as you, and have excitement upon hitting europe..... in my heart of hearts though i know i will be happy, its just whether that feeling lasts! but day to day life here makes me sad...at least i shouldnt have that when back home!

goodluck and enjoy your life
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

All this up heaval of moving back to UK makes me feel really emotional too, hubbie said yesteday he wants us to wait one more year to get his diploma then we will head back. The trouble is we have a 17 year old that we bought kicking and screaming with us here two years ago (today we been here two years!!!) and the big question is what do I do?? If I leave her here it will break the family up and I dont want that, but I also dont want her to rezent me and come back and make our lives a living hell, which was the case for the first year of being here.

I feel too tired and old with all this crap, it really has taken a big toll on my marriage and my poor husband has really had a hard time of it,.. sometimes I wish we had never come here ......... two years too long if you ask me!!!

We also feel this place is souless and although beautiful beaches etc what else.

The trouble is Aussie think its eutopia cos there are so many of us coming here, they think its gotta be (if you get my drift).... People dont flock to France etc do if people emigrate its mostly to Australia, so to them this is paradise thats why half of them never get out of their suburb let alone travel the world.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:49 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
All this up heaval of moving back to UK makes me feel really emotional too, hubbie said yesteday he wants us to wait one more year to get his diploma then we will head back. The trouble is we have a 17 year old that we bought kicking and screaming with us here two years ago (today we been here two years!!!) and the big question is what do I do?? If I leave her here it will break the family up and I dont want that, but I also dont want her to rezent me and come back and make our lives a living hell, which was the case for the first year of being here.

I feel too tired and old with all this crap, it really has taken a big toll on my marriage and my poor husband has really had a hard time of it,.. sometimes I wish we had never come here ......... two years too long if you ask me!!!

We also feel this place is souless and although beautiful beaches etc what else.

The trouble is Aussie think its eutopia cos there are so many of us coming here, they think its gotta be (if you get my drift).... People dont flock to France etc do if people emigrate its mostly to Australia, so to them this is paradise thats why half of them never get out of their suburb let alone travel the world.
Happy 2 years Kath
Have a drink to beautiful beaches and lovely parks (yawn) oh excuse me, did i fall asleep!!!
Now dream about moving back to Eutopia next year, feel better already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.