Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Who to use in Brisbane to move dogs to UK?

Who to use in Brisbane to move dogs to UK?

Old Jun 8th 2010, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Default Who to use in Brisbane to move dogs to UK?

Just wondered who people used in Brisbane to send their dogs back to the UK?
I have a Boxer and also wondered what prices people had got from them?

Thanks
Old Jun 9th 2010, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

karenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant futurekarenD has a brilliant future
Default Re: Who to use in Brisbane?

Hi, I'm only up to the checking for prices stage myself for shipping 2 cats from Brisbane to Manchester. I just wanted to check you've done the rabies vaccinations and are aware of the 6 months wait - It surprised the hell out of me! Mine can only now leave in September.

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Just wondered who people used in Brisbane to send their dogs back to the UK?
I have a Boxer and also wondered what prices people had got from them?

Thanks
Old Jun 9th 2010, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Yeah he had his rabies injection, his 6 month wait was up last March but taken a bit longer for us to decide what to do but we contacted the vet we used and the injection lasts for 3 years from when it was given so still valid thank goodness don t want to wait another 6 months!
We ve contacted one company from the net but ended up being a Sydney based one.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

mia-mia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we used Dogtainers a year ago.
Paid around 5.5K for the male Rotti.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 10:08 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Jet4Pets or Dogtainers are good ones....
Old Jun 12th 2010, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Yeah Got quote from Jetpets and Dogtainers, thought I would be able to use the crate he came out with but NOPE wood is to thin!!!! seemed to get him here ok nevermind decided to use Jetpets got a quote of $3700 with new plastic reusable crate that folds down for car which is good.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

mia-mia is an unknown quantity at this point

We had to get a new crate, too. which was fare enough as the old one visibly rotted.

Our doggy's head and front paws came through the thin fence with our neighbours a week ago as a result of him jumping on it. You just cant trust thin wood
P.S. The fence since got repaired, reinforced and covered with chicken mesh thus our back yard looks a bit like a prison camp.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, just read this thread and wondered if you could give me a little more information regarding the injection for rabies.

Are you saying they have to wait 6 months AFTER the injection before they can travel?

And is it the only injection they need?

Thanks
Jazzys
Old Oct 5th 2010, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

zednought will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jazzys
Hi, just read this thread and wondered if you could give me a little more information regarding the injection for rabies.

Are you saying they have to wait 6 months AFTER the injection before they can travel?

And is it the only injection they need?

Thanks
Jazzys
For import into the UK the timeline should go something like this.
1. ISO approved microchip of the pet.
2. Rabies vaccination (I think there's an approved list for this as well).
3. Wait at least two weeks.
4. Vet draws blood for a titre test from an EU approved laboratory.
5. Providing the blood test is positive you'd need to wait six months for the date the blood was drawn.
6. Not less than 24 and no greater then 48 hours before travel vet administers tick and lice treatment.
7. Collapse from the stress and expensive of it all.

DEFRA has all the gory details check here
Old Oct 6th 2010, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mate, excellent info.

Much appreciated.

Is it much of an ordeal for the pet or are things pretty smooth sailing these days?

Jazzys
Old Oct 6th 2010, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Having phoned a shipping company about the pooch he suggested there was a big shortage of vets capable of administering the rabies shot that would satisfy whoever it needed to satisfy.

Any idea who we might use in the brisbane area?

Jazzys
Old Oct 6th 2010, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

zednought will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jazzys
Thanks mate, excellent info.

Much appreciated.

Is it much of an ordeal for the pet or are things pretty smooth sailing these days?

Jazzys
Like everything in life the quality of service you get from the various animal transport companies is highly variable. And of course the individual animal will respond different to the experience. Because the import/export of animals is highly regulated there is so much paperwork to deal with and things can and do go wrong. Overall I'd say the pet owner will be the more stressed of all the parties involved though.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Yeah Got quote from Jetpets and Dogtainers, thought I would be able to use the crate he came out with but NOPE wood is to thin!!!! seemed to get him here ok nevermind decided to use Jetpets got a quote of $3700 with new plastic reusable crate that folds down for car which is good.
Make sure you can use that crate if it 'folds'. I think it has be a vari kennel type approved by IATA and I do believe the folding ones are banned. If it comes in two pieces (plus gate) where you can stack one piece inside the other, then fine.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

priyankar123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To move dogs in UK....some important things

Hi,
I am just in the process of transferring my dog over to UK.I did not know about the 6 months rule and hence my dog will do an early release quarantine programme.
We are using Lady Haye for as the quarantine facility and I personally felt that their quote was pretty reasonable. You could ask for a free quote. They have offices in Surrey and Manchester

Tel: +44(0)1342 832161 Fax: +44(0)1342 834778
http://www.petravelagent.com

After researching a lot I have found that if you contact the individual airlines its much cheaper that what the agencies quote you.
I have contacted Delta and Continental and both have facilities for pet travel and they have quoted approx 550 to 650$ for the travel fare including taxes. I have a cocker spaniel which is 25 lb. However its worth to get a quote.A crate that is IATA complaint will not cost more than 100-120$..

http://www.pettravelstore.com/store-...go-crates.html

If you do not want quarantine or for early release you need:
-ISO certified microchip
-Rabies certificate
-FAVN test result-if its positive, then the date when blood was drawn(the 6 months period starts from that date)
USDA approved health certificate( approx 10 days before travel)
-PETS Certificate-from your vet who is authorized by US or Canada government 24-48 hrs before travel(you require this only if the pet will not go into quarantine)
-Ticks treatment-24-48 hrs before travel.

If you have to relocate in short notice your pet goes into early release, they can do some time in USA and remaining time in Quarantine.

Some things to remember if your pet will go into quarantine or early release:

contact the quarantine facility and ask them for
- an import license
- Red rabies sticker

you need the above to book flight and the sticker needs to be attached to the pet crate.
Please make sure that the microchip can be read by the UK scanners, if not send a scanner over attached to the crate.

Also your pet can travel unaccompanied in case you cannot take the same flight.The Quarantine facility will act as a broker and release your pet from the airlines. Make sure customs/airlines clearance is included in the quote.

It was a difficult time for me to even think that I have to live without my pet for so long.I went through sleepless nights and hours of research to find all these information.I will be really glad if this helps anyone of you guys and can take the tension off even for a moment.