Wikiposts

Who listens to UK radio

Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:19 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who listens to UK radio

I miss Mrs Dales Diary ....
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:27 am

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

I was born in Chorley, Lancashire. Sadly nothing as exciting as Chorley FM ever happened there . . .

http://www.chorley.gov.uk/upload/pub...eMap_Oct05.pdf

You can tell how great a town is by the need to list Aldi and McDonalds on its home page free map

Chorley - You wouldn't want to live there

Originally Posted by Sarah
I only listen to:

Last edited by Pony; Aug 15th 2006 at 7:35 am.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Classic FM for me. Probably 99% of the time and then Radio 2.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:40 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Texas_Dave
I was born in Chorley, Lancashire. Sadly nothing as exciting as Chorley FM ever happened there . . .

http://www.chorley.gov.uk/upload/pub...eMap_Oct05.pdf

You can tell how great a town is by the need to list Aldi and McDonalds on its home page free map

Chorley - You wouldn't want to live there
Yup. Chorley isn't too far from where I am either. Lived in the Penines as a kid then Blackburn for the rest of the time. When Peter Kay did his whole Chorley FM thing it made me laugh purely because barely anyone outside of Lancashire would've heard of Chorley. Well that and the 'coming in your ears' thing.....
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Heading home is an unknown quantity at this point

I love listening to Radio 4 and BBC7. Lots of good stuff on there.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:47 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wtkp0u
You're not running Windows XP on your Intel Mac???
Anyone actually use the real realplayer and quicktime these days?

use the alternate versions, much nicer - www.filehippo.com less bloat and stuff..
Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:50 am

My daughter was born in Queens Park Hospital, I believe they closed it recently. I met Jack Straw there, the biggest t0sser I ever met. I lived in Ewood for a while before moving to Wheelton (between Blackburn and Chorley). My family all still live in Chorley, which is reason enough for me to avoid it. Botany Bay sums chorley up, a shopping centre you actually pay to get in to.
Now a pint at the 'Top Lock', that I would go back for.

Originally Posted by Sarah
Yup. Chorley isn't too far from where I am either. Lived in the Penines as a kid then Blackburn for the rest of the time. When Peter Kay did his whole Chorley FM thing it made me laugh purely because barely anyone outside of Lancashire would've heard of Chorley. Well that and the 'coming in your ears' thing.....
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:15 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter was born in Queens Park Hospital, I believe they closed it recently. I met Jack Straw there, the biggest t0sser I ever met. I lived in Ewood for a while before moving to Wheelton (between Blackburn and Chorley). My family all still live in Chorley, which is reason enough for me to avoid it. Botany Bay sums chorley up, a shopping centre you actually pay to get in to.
Now a pint at the 'Top Lock', that I would go back for.
It was the Royal Infirmary they closed down. My mum worked there for over 10 years so I've been hearing all about how sad she was to see it go. I don't know what they're going to do with it - (but I hope something comes in with more jobs - ones that hopefully have a future and pay more than 5 quid an hour.) She's been moved over to Queens Park with everyone else from the Infirmary, apart from a load of nurses (including my brother) who they decided to 'let go' - baffles me, I thought there wa a nurse shortage in the UK. My mum was telling me how, during the heatwave they had there recently she was stood in surgery with the 90F heat outside and about 105F inside and they weren't allowed to turn the A/C on because its too expensive

My family live in Langho - the most boring place in the world. I used to work at the Town Hall in Blackburn across from the Apollo Cinema. I actually loved working there it was the best job I've ever had.
I used to go to a place near Wheelton to visit a friend of mine, she lived in Horwich - which I thought was a lovely place, either that or maybe I just loved going to her house

LOL @ Botany Bay

Last edited by Sarah; Aug 15th 2006 at 8:17 am.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:49 am
Guest21

What happened to the Archers? are they still around?

Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:51 am

Still going strong

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/archers/

Originally Posted by whiskers
What happened to the Archers? are they still around?
Old Aug 15th 2006, 10:15 am
Guest21

Just installed Real Player and went back to Ambridge for a while

Thank you

Old Aug 15th 2006, 11:57 am
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nun
The web is fantastic. All day long at work I listen to Radio 4
on the computer. Does anyonelse?

I listen to Horizon Radio. You know you have been away from the UK too long when you can't remember where the roads are that they mention on the traffic news
Old Aug 16th 2006, 1:04 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nun
The web is fantastic. All day long at work I listen to Radio 4
on the computer. Does anyonelse?

All the time but it's got to be radio 2!
Old Aug 16th 2006, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I think I've tuned to radio 1 about twice in the year that I've had Sirius.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 5:22 am
sun lover

sambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond reputesambuc has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby listens to talk sport.

When they have their sports discussions and phone ins, if they don't like what someone is saying or thinks they are talking our of their arse, they just cut them off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.