Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Where are you moving back to?

Where are you moving back to?

Old Jul 27th 2011, 1:20 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where are you moving back to?

Originally Posted by DDL
When my mom (RIP) turned 35 I remember thinking, "She's sooooo old!" - but my own child turned 35 last week. That hurts.
My mum was 35 when I was born! When I was a teenager, I thought she was ancient.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Spritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mecano
Heading to the Peak Districk, close to Ashford in the Water. Good place for looking for jobs in Sheffield & Chesterfield (or in a push Manchester). Love the area albeit a bit crowded in the summer. I look forward long walks and country pubs!
March 2012 can't come soon enough!
We're thinking of coming back home and I'm spending hours on Zoopla every morning.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/det...b73a0035695438
Old Jul 27th 2011, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Mecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really niceMecano is just really nice

Originally Posted by Spritzer
We're thinking of coming back home and I'm spending hours on Zoopla every morning.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/det...b73a0035695438
I know!! ***** must contain myself ******

I guess I should see it in person first, then go to the very fine pub in Ashford, and afterwards perhaps look at the fowl in the sheep dip

Instead, I'm meeting some friends at the 99 in Framingham Mass... hardly a fair comparison lol!

Can't wait
Old Jul 28th 2011, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Shazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Only a young person could think 60 year-olds are just waiting for death
I remember being 10 and telling my mum that when I reached 30 I wanted to be put to sleep!! My son is almost 30
Old Jul 29th 2011, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
My maternal grandparents retired to live in a commuter type village called Wellington Heath, which is two miles north east of the beautiful market town of Ledbury, Herefordshire, which is where my grandfather originally came from, having been born there. They had previously lived in Denmark and Germany for some years.

I occasionally go down there to see them and Ledbury and the rest of Herefordshire really is lovely. Ledbury is a lively little place with plenty going on there, including a Poetry Festival which draws in poets and writers from all over the world, and also the Big Chill Festival, a sort of up-market Glastonbury, which takes polace each year in the grounds of nearby Eastnor Castle - this year's Festival starts on 03 August.

It is Sir Edward Elgar country, and Ledbury was the birthplace of the poets John Masefield and Elizabeth Barrett-Browning, and formerly the home of the American poet Robert Frost, and the writer W H Auden was married in the register office in Church Lane, Ledbury, in 1935 - very much a marriage of convenience, for obvious reasons. Ledbury people choose to forget that it is also the home area of the infamous Fred West, who also got married in the same Ledbury register office in 1962. Nowadays Ledbury is the home area of Monty Don (TV gardener) and Richard Hammond (Top Gear).

Ledbury is home to Europe's largest Cider Mill.

This clip shows the former UK politician Michael Portillo starting off on one of his Great British Train Journeys BBC2 TV programs in which Ledbury was the starting off point for the five stages railway trip up to Holyhead, Anglesey, North Wales.

From Ledbury train station you can catch trains travelling direct to Birmingham New Street (1 hour 10 minutes) and London Paddington (2 hours 35 minutes).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukwICXo59_E
So happy to be reminded of Ledbury. I visited there on my last trip and REALLY liked it. I thought it had a classy but not stuffy feel with lots of wonderful one-of-a-kind shops and a thriving core. The black and whites are very beautiful.
Also visited Weston's at nearby Much Marcle... being a cider drinker and all.
I could see myself living in this area.