Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

wHERE IN THE UK WOULD YOU LIKE TO LIVE?

wHERE IN THE UK WOULD YOU LIKE TO LIVE?

Old Jun 1st 2005, 6:28 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: wHERE IN THE UK WOULD YOU LIKE TO LIVE?

I really hate with passionate intensity Birmingham and Brummies, did I make that clear enough!?
Old Jun 1st 2005, 10:40 pm
enter the twiglet zone...

alien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to all

harpenden. herts.
terry wogan also lives there, an added bonus.
Old Jun 1st 2005, 11:44 pm
blossom

Originally Posted by Don
I really hate with passionate intensity Birmingham and Brummies, did I make that clear enough!?
Guess you don't like Birmingham or its inhabitants then? LOL

Blossom

Old Jun 1st 2005, 11:45 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alien species
harpenden. herts.
terry wogan also lives there, an added bonus.
F%#K me, is he still alive?
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Most likely London or the south east.

Originally Posted by blossom
Just out of curiosity really, but all those returning to the UK, (forget friends and family for this exercise), but where is the ideal place to set up home in the UK?

Blossom
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Cheap. Large Home. Low costs. Nice neighbours. No Mortgage. No risks. Good investment. Small bills. Quality build. Superb interiors. Superb semi rural location. Close to all amenities. Plus a second home to rent out for profit so I can go on several exotic holidays for our family and say 10-15 friends 3-4 times a year. Location to be determined by the above criteria.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 7:25 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blossom
Guess you don't like Birmingham or its inhabitants then? LOL

Blossom
Hmmm, not very keen on them, the thick morons!
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SANDRAPAUL
Cheap. Large Home. Low costs. Nice neighbours. No Mortgage. No risks. Good investment. Small bills. Quality build. Superb interiors. Superb semi rural location. Close to all amenities. Plus a second home to rent out for profit so I can go on several exotic holidays for our family and say 10-15 friends 3-4 times a year. Location to be determined by the above criteria.
Let me know when you there
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 10:54 pm
blossom

I've got one just like that for sale ! LOL

Blossom

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
Job situation is the same as everywhere - there are jobs out there! Main city is Exeter. My nanna lives in Axminster which has really boomed over the past 10 years. Beautiful part of the world to live X
Steady on there glittababe. There is a bit of Devonian rivalry between Exeter and Plymouth as to which is the "major" city. Plymouth has the Devon regional TV stations and the more successful football team

Truth be told you can't go wrong with either of them. Exeter has the Roman history and Plymouth has the sea. In fact the drive between them takes you through some lovely countryside.

Its funny, living in the Bay Area the distance between San Francisco and San Jose is about the same as between Plymouth and Exeter. Yet the Bay Area is one great conurbation (down the 101) and Devon is mostly countryside (down the A38).

I still find it strange when I hear folks say that England is "running out of room" to build new houses and stuff. There's plenty of it in Devon! Not that I want people building in the glorious Devonshire countryside, but thats beside the point
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Originally Posted by kevntrace
I still find it strange when I hear folks say that England is "running out of room" to build new houses and stuff. There's plenty of it in Devon! Not that I want people building in the glorious Devonshire countryside, but thats beside the point
Ah....but you are wrong. The land that you think can be built on is owned in the main by immensly wealthy people you never see. The types that descend from those that ruled the waves in the last 4-5 hundred years. types like the royals, duke of westminster, Maddonna etc etc.

Thats why the government is giving up publically owned land to developers.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute

Ah....but you are wrong. The land that you think can be built on is owned in the main by immensly wealthy people you never see. The types that descend from those that ruled the waves in the last 4-5 hundred years. types like the royals, duke of westminster, Maddonna etc etc.

Thats why the government is giving up publically owned land to developers.

Good point - I was talking merely about space, not ownership.

However, I would think there would be a killing to be made by selling some private land to developers. If there's one thing rich people want its more money. Where I live at the moment (in the US) there is lots of new housing development. Sure, the folks that owned the land before were wealthy - but now they've sold some of it to developers they are a bunch more wealthy.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

However, I would think there would be a killing to be made by selling some private land to developers. If there's one thing rich people want its more money. Where I live at the moment (in the US) there is lots of new housing development. Sure, the folks that owned the land before were wealthy - but now they've sold some of it to developers they are a bunch more wealthy.
you cannot build on what you do not own. And local governement resists most building projects!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Land is not worth much if you don't have a building permission.....
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

im starting to wonder why i want to leave beautiful torquay in devon. maybe i will stay!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.