Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Where is "Home" for you in your heart

Where is "Home" for you in your heart

Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future
Default Where is "Home" for you in your heart

Where in your heart of hearts is home?

The UK or the Country that you have moved to and what are your memories of the UK?

just interested
Old Nov 25th 2005, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

jateai will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Where is "Home" for you in your heart

Originally Posted by ranbysue

The UK or the Country that you have moved to and what are your memories of the UK?

just interested
I was born in the UK but spent most of my childhood and early adult years in New Zealand and Australia. I have now lived back in the UK for approx 13yrs but in my heart of hearts Australia will always be home.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 10:44 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Blanefield/Campsie Fells, Scotland (near Glasgow).

Ironically, only spent a year there but it had everything I love about the UK and that reminded me of fond childhood memories. Close enough to big city life that I could go get me some when needed (without having to live in a city - worst part of growing up in Birmingham city center was living there), but surrounded by country hills and hiking that reminded me of family hols camping and hiking.

Second favorite: middle Tenessee for many of the same reasons. 30 mins from Nashville (favorite city in all of US, and I've been to most of them), but wonderful cycle riding on front door and hiking/camping within short drive. It was place that second most felt like "home"
Old Nov 26th 2005, 12:47 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

just interested
My home is in the grounds of Belfast Castle. There its always a sunny summer's evening and I'm always 10 years old.
Time for a few beers I think.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 3:44 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Great topic.

My heart is in Marazion, Cornwall. Never lived there but my dad was from there and I spent many many school holidays both in the summer and winter staying with my grandparents. The place pulls at my heart strings.......perhaps one day I could retire there

just interested
Old Nov 26th 2005, 4:20 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

just interested

I was born, raised and had my children in the Uk.... It will always be home to me
Old Nov 26th 2005, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sue
Great topic.

My heart is in Marazion, Cornwall. Never lived there but my dad was from there and I spent many many school holidays both in the summer and winter staying with my grandparents. The place pulls at my heart strings.......perhaps one day I could retire there
Perhaps you will Sue, it's always nice to have a dream Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Old Nov 26th 2005, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
My home is in the grounds of Belfast Castle. There its always a sunny summer's evening and I'm always 10 years old.
Time for a few beers I think.
Me to Belfast, left when I was 13 years old have lived in OZ for 42, but Ireland will always hold my heart, as the old saying goes " there's no place like home "
Old Nov 26th 2005, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

At this moment in time I would say Australia is home, but we will see what my emotions say when I go back to UK in December for Christmas. I will be returning to my own house, with everything just as I left it in January so my heart coul well say otherwise.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:18 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

I was born in Zimbabwe, but am now a South African living in Australia after spending most of my formative years in the UK. Godshill on the Isle of Wight still feels like 'home.'
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by banjo
I was born in Zimbabwe, but am now a South African living in Australia after spending most of my formative years in the UK. Godshill on the Isle of Wight still feels like 'home.'
Hi,
was just browsing. Reading your comments and i thought the Isle of wight is my 'home'.
Playing outside my nan and grandads, in Freshwater....... oh to be a
child again!!
Sharon
Old Nov 26th 2005, 10:16 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Seldwick Road, my Nan's in the 70's but they have all gone and live moves on . . . . . to be honest I think until the day I die I will never really know due to travelling around so much in my 20's.

If you believe in Buddism we are all travellers
Old Nov 26th 2005, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Most of my heart is in south-west England and think I'll always consider it home, but a tiny little bit of it is in Haadrin, Koh Phangan, Thailand after spending 3 months there in '93. Bliss lying in my hammock by the beach.

Last edited by nethead; Nov 26th 2005 at 12:14 pm.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

A Resounding UK for me!

Where my Heart, Mind and Soul Are & my Memories of being Me!

gd
Old Nov 26th 2005, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

My hearts home is whereever my family (wife and daughter) are. But geographically speaking its Yorkshire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.