Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

where is everyone moving back from?

Wikiposts

where is everyone moving back from?

Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: where is everyone moving back from?

Originally Posted by Patrick2007
Back to Yorkshire never!!!! There is a programme over here called Wanted Down Under and according to that life there couldnt be better. Bbqs every week,sun a plenty, Aussies a delight to meet, work everywhere sounds like paradise to me.
He's joking by the way....
Old Oct 7th 2008, 10:04 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Back to Yorkshire never!!!! There is a programme over here called Wanted Down Under and according to that life there couldnt be better. Bbqs every week,sun a plenty, Aussies a delight to meet, work everywhere sounds like paradise to me.

Originally Posted by islandergirl
He's joking by the way....
Do you two know each other?

I, hopefully we (OH and son) will be returning to Herts./North London borders or maybe even north Essex some time next year........FINGERS AND TOES X'd, from Perth, WA. We will have been here for almost 13 long years by then, so my life imprisonment will be over.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Moving back to Northern Ireland after what will be 4 years in Cyprus.

Can't stand the racism and discrimination from the locals. Have been ripped off more than a few times, house is illegally built, locals have no respect for anyone - not even themselves or their country.

In a word - FED UP
Old Oct 7th 2008, 11:01 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Honest_H
Moving back to Northern Ireland after what will be 4 years in Cyprus.

Can't stand the racism and discrimination from the locals. Have been ripped off more than a few times, house is illegally built, locals have no respect for anyone - not even themselves or their country.

In a word - FED UP
I can confirm the Guinness is as good as ever.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Londonuck
I can confirm the Guinness is as good as ever.
Now, don't go making me jealous!! Its crap here
Old Oct 8th 2008, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Bsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sonandbill
we are moving back to the uk at xmas . The move to nz was not as expected mainly as I couldnt get job I am a teacher with 6 years experience and apparently not good enough to teach in new zealand !!! We have both experienced depression and a feeling of total isolation from our families in uk. Anyone want to buy a flat in tauranga? Lovely view of estuary. On good days dont regret what we have done but the lack of jobs and money has been very hard. I would also tell people to be wary with their hard erasned cash we have been taken advantage of a few times as they know we are english and wrongly presume we have loads of cash. What makes us angry is everyone says how wonderful new zealand is and no one seems to discuss the negatives. Thank for listening, feel better for getting it off my chest. PS I read this website daily and have felt like its a good friend.
Good luck with everything I do feel for you when you are so experienced and skilled and cant get work yet you have to meet so much criteria to even get in the country it just makes you laugh or cry as i have done so many times over the past 2 years.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:04 am
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point

Have been in Perth for 5 years now and moving back to the UK just after Christmas. Originally from Sheffield but moving to Exeter, North Devon for a completely new start. Find Perth boring, education poor, expensive here now
and could go on and on.... Children aged (17, 14 and 9) can't wait to get back. Counting the weeks now. Know a few families here doing the same thing.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

not coming back ...but we moved to abu dhabi 4 years ago now ...do i want to return to my house in uk ?????NO ....love the sunshine,the cheap petrol,fab schools,TAX FREE WORKIN,the luxuries,the fact i dont have to do house work,....need i go on xxxxxxxxxx
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:54 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lobby lou
not coming back ...but we moved to abu dhabi 4 years ago now ...do i want to return to my house in uk ?????NO ....love the sunshine,the cheap petrol,fab schools,TAX FREE WORKIN,the luxuries,the fact i dont have to do house work,....need i go on xxxxxxxxxx
so... wrong thread then
Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:15 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Did you read the OP's question or did you come in here to show off? If you did, you didn't succeed, as I can't think of one person who posts in here regularly that would give a shite. Now get back to your 'false' life and leave those of us who want the 'real' thing to get on with it.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Don't talk wet mate!

Parardise, have you ever lived here? Yeah it's lovely and warm, blue skies etc....but that all comes with a price.
e.g....we went on a day trip yesterday to Wave Rock East of WA. Took us 4 hours to get there by car and 4 hours back. We took the BBQ, plenty of food etc, but the FLIES:curse: couldn't eat the food cause of the flies. Then we all got bit by mozzies. I have 10 bites on my legs, itchy as hell and painfull.
Sunburnt on my back (even with suncream), so the day was ok, but suffering now.
I don't call that paradise.
That programme 'Down Under' is for suckers like you.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

wiltshire_1 will become famous soon enoughwiltshire_1 will become famous soon enough

Moving back to Wiltshire from Singleton NSW. Hated it as soon as I arrived. Hate being so far from family and friends. Hate the isolation, the poor choice of shops and the even poorer choice in shops, hate the laid back attitude of Aussies. Schooling is way below standard in UK, kids here have no manners. The Aussie government is tight - I will never complain about Gordon again!!!!!! Hate the constant sunshine, flies, worrying about my dogs and children being in garden with snakes and spiders. Hate the lack of central heating and insulation or double glazing in the houses. Hate the dry parched land. I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

funny there are others on here from abroad lol ...........guess the idiots make up the rules as they go along !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!no i was just sayin sometimes u can have a gr8 time else were and then u may see uk is not so gr8...got news on now full of doom and gloom....another kid stabbed....breakins...drugs...etc etc ...why dont i want to raise my kids there ??????????????thought boards where for opinions?????????:curse:xxxxxxxxxxxxxhave a nice day xxxxxxxx
Old Oct 8th 2008, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

funny there are others on here from abroad lol ...........guess the idiots make up the rules as they go along !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!no i was just sayin sometimes u can have a gr8 time else were and then u may see uk is not so gr8...got news on now full of doom and gloom....another kid stabbed....breakins...drugs...etc etc ...why dont i want to raise my kids there ??????????????thought boards where for opinions?????????:curse:xxxxxxxxxxxxxhave a nice day xxxxxxxx
Once again in English please
Old Oct 8th 2008, 4:12 pm
'In limboland'

They are, but this particular thread wasn't asking where you were and how much are you loving it now was it. Doom and gloom to you maybe, but to some it is where their heart is and where they feel they belong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.