Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

where is everyone moving back from?

where is everyone moving back from?

Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

steph82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where is everyone moving back from?

Where are you moving from?

Where abouts in UK are you returning to?

And was there any particular reason for your return?

Just wanting to get some opinions as i know everyone thinks the grass is always greener on the other side and just wanting to hear from those who tried it and wasnt for them!!!!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud of
Default Re: where is everyone moving back from?

we are planning a move back from ontario canada to essex england or we may move slightly further afield. not sure yet. all we do know is we want to come back and what a time to be doing it when theres a worldwide recession on the doorstep!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by steph82

Just wanting to get some opinions as i know everyone thinks the grass is always greener on the other side and just wanting to hear from those who tried it and wasnt for them!!!!
Hey, why you wondering in here, you not even left yet!!

Anyway, we left Yorkshire and came to Perth. We will return to Yorkshire because we like it better there, simple as that.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

how about your answers to the above......no location listed with you..are you here, there or where lol?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

steph82 is an unknown quantity at this point

No i know i havent left yet, but as people say everyone goes with their rose tinted glasses on and then realise its not always what they expected. So i am just trying to get a feel for what experiences people have had.

I personally am moving to Perth, so its good to know what people have to say about the place - the good and the bad points.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

No i know i havent left yet, but as people say everyone goes with their rose tinted glasses on and then realise its not always what they expected. So i am just trying to get a feel for what experiences people have had.

I personally am moving to Perth, so its good to know what people have to say about the place - the good and the bad points.
for sure....good luck
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Moving from Sydney (19 yrs here) to as of yet unconfirmed UK location, but most probably somewhere about 1hr outside London, Bucks for example.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Hey, why you wondering in here, you not even left yet!!

Anyway, we left Yorkshire and came to Perth. We will return to Yorkshire because we like it better there, simple as that.
Back to Yorkshire never!!!! There is a programme over here called Wanted Down Under and according to that life there couldnt be better. Bbqs every week,sun a plenty, Aussies a delight to meet, work everywhere sounds like paradise to me.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Southwestern Illinois, USA. Been here 21 years, and am moving back to the beautiful Scottish Borders next year.

It was never a case of the grass is greener; just a new experience that lasted 20 odd years!

Moving back because I absolutely adore Scotland, and of course, family and friends. Miss a lot of things about Scotland after all these years. I do like it here, but it just isn't home............

Last edited by Marmalade; Oct 7th 2008 at 6:06 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

AudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really nice

Moving from South Africa (been here 27yrs). Initially arrived as a child and have had a good life here, but sadly the living in constant fear for our lives with the daily violent crimes that go on, is getting a bit much to deal with, the government is in a shambles, the water is un-drinkable, the electricity is running out.....blah blah blah.
Hoping to move back to Scotland, area not confirmed yet, a lot will depend on where hubby feels there is good work/business opportunities, and of course all my family are still there.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick2007
Back to Yorkshire never!!!! There is a programme over here called Wanted Down Under and according to that life there couldnt be better. Bbqs every week,sun a plenty, Aussies a delight to meet, work everywhere sounds like paradise to me.
I have a bridge I wouldnt mind selling - interested?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 12:07 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Moving from Perth to the UK (staying with family in Cambs for first few weeks then we will move anywhere in the UK where my OH can get work). Am leaving Perth because I hate the isolation, the extreme heat, the short sighted ignorance of the Aussies, the loneliness of having no family and no REAL friends here, the high cost of living, lack of choice, having nothing to do....I can go on for hours but dont wish to bore you!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 12:08 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Patrick2007
Its funny because a lot of people in the UK think Neighbours is real as well.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

sonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud ofsonandbill has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cherry6
Its funny because a lot of people in the UK think Neighbours is real as well.
we are moving back to the uk at xmas . The move to nz was not as expected mainly as I couldnt get job I am a teacher with 6 years experience and apparently not good enough to teach in new zealand !!! We have both experienced depression and a feeling of total isolation from our families in uk. Anyone want to buy a flat in tauranga? Lovely view of estuary. On good days dont regret what we have done but the lack of jobs and money has been very hard. I would also tell people to be wary with their hard erasned cash we have been taken advantage of a few times as they know we are english and wrongly presume we have loads of cash. What makes us angry is everyone says how wonderful new zealand is and no one seems to discuss the negatives. Thank for listening, feel better for getting it off my chest. PS I read this website daily and have felt like its a good friend.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

sfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud of

Moving back after 19 years in sydney , to leicestershire hopefully a village location ,had enough here want to see more of family

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.