Where in England

Old Mar 30th 2007, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold
Question Where in England

I am interested to know if you moved back to England would you go back to the same town that you left.

If you don't mind giving out such information then where would that be?

If you would go somewhere different then where would that be?

I am from Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
I think I would go back there because the reason for returning would be to the familiarity of home and if I went elsewhere then I would be defeating the object.

Racheal x
Old Mar 30th 2007, 2:50 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where in England

I would like to go back somewhere near Bristol where I was born...I've not lived there for about 30 years so it would all be new again for me...
We were living in Hants before moving...I still have a great bunch of friends there...but my family are in around or near Bristol...and I really have always loved Bristol City...in good and bad times...

I would go home tomorrow to live in a small fishing town in Cornwall....
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:44 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by krizzy
I would like to go back somewhere near Bristol where I was born...I've not lived there for about 30 years so it would all be new again for me...
We were living in Hants before moving...I still have a great bunch of friends there...but my family are in around or near Bristol...and I really have always loved Bristol City...in good and bad times...

I would go home tomorrow to live in a small fishing town in Cornwall....
My family still all live in Cornwall - that was my home. Sadly house prices there and the prevalence of holiday home for the rich and famous means that it's pretty pricey. Plus the fishing villages will soon be a thing of the past. Recently a fishermans home in Mousehole was converted into 3 flats - sold for 300k each. That's a lot of fishing........and it's not quite as dangerous
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:17 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

We are from St Helens and really didn't want to return here at all but our youngest daughter is at college here for another 15 months. We compromised and got a place in a tiny village in the middle of farmlands, 10 minutes from the town so it's within an easy drive or bus for her. It's working out really well as we get the nice views,village pubs and open spaces and the girls get the nightlife and shopping that they love.

I honestly don't think we will stay here once she's at uni though - we'll be looking at other places in the UK to sample
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

We are from small village in Norfolk and yes we will be returning there, we still have our house and my 15 year old daughter returned there 6 weeks ago and is living with my mum.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:45 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

We are from the Lake District and we returned here, only difference that before we headed for Oz we lived in a village now we live in town, which we love. It is probably what we should have done in the first place, move into town that is, instead of going via Australia
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:50 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MCrocker
My family still all live in Cornwall - that was my home. Sadly house prices there and the prevalence of holiday home for the rich and famous means that it's pretty pricey. Plus the fishing villages will soon be a thing of the past. Recently a fishermans home in Mousehole was converted into 3 flats - sold for 300k each. That's a lot of fishing........and it's not quite as dangerous
I have a friend with a home in Mousehole...we spent a lot of time near Looe at a friends place the summers before moving to the USA...

Our family houses went a long time ago..my aunt had a farmhouse...and an uncle a 70s style home over looking the sea...I spent all my childhood summers in Cornwall...lovely place..

My mum lived in Cornwall in the war...my parents wanted to move there but went to Wales because it was cheaper...but they love it there...
Old Mar 30th 2007, 8:36 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heading downunder 2002
We are from the Lake District and we returned here, only difference that before we headed for Oz we lived in a village now we live in town, which we love. It is probably what we should have done in the first place, move into town that is, instead of going via Australia
Hey at least you took the scenic route
Old Mar 30th 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Back to Dorset for us. Lucky to be able to do so as husbands job thin on the ground, but he got one in the right area within 1 week! (hero)
Have considered other towns/ villages but just want to get back to our old village which we carefully chose to live and settle in 7 years ago. Familiarity is the key now, plenty of friendly faces and beautiful countryside. No more adventure please...
Old Mar 30th 2007, 9:33 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I'm back in Worthing in Sussex. Gods waiting room for some, luckily I work in Brighton. I love the South Downs and the Sea, I never realised I missed it so much.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 9:45 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seasprite
Back to Dorset for us. Lucky to be able to do so as husbands job thin on the ground, but he got one in the right area within 1 week! (hero)
Have considered other towns/ villages but just want to get back to our old village which we carefully chose to live and settle in 7 years ago. Familiarity is the key now, plenty of friendly faces and beautiful countryside. No more adventure please...
hey you! how are you honey? have you settled back okay?
let me know how you are getting on please, i have been worried about you.
xx
Old Mar 30th 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
hey you! how are you honey? have you settled back okay?
let me know how you are getting on please, i have been worried about you.
xx
Yes great, still havent done my BE update..too busy living again! All well so far on the kids, job, friends, family front. Just keep being pipped to the post etc (wont bore you with detail) on houses...arghhhh! Anyway thought OH had banned you from here?
Old Mar 30th 2007, 10:29 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seasprite
Yes great, still havent done my BE update..too busy living again! All well so far on the kids, job, friends, family front. Just keep being pipped to the post etc (wont bore you with detail) on houses...arghhhh! Anyway thought OH had banned you from here?
house to buy or rent? O/H is at work
how was your mum?
Old Mar 30th 2007, 10:47 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I'm back in Worthing in Sussex. Gods waiting room for some, luckily I work in Brighton. I love the South Downs and the Sea, I never realised I missed it so much.
I keep putting off moving to Orlando because its so far from the sea...I've would not of lived so far inland for 42 years...
Old Mar 30th 2007, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

We came from Bromsgrove in Worcestershire and we won't be going back there. We will be heading for mid-Devon. Hubbys family close to there and the area around there is stunning. Can't wait.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.