Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

When your "home" will you still read the threads on BE???

When your "home" will you still read the threads on BE???

Old Dec 24th 2008, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

bev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nice
Smile When your "home" will you still read the threads on BE???

Just a question

When your all in the place you want to be, will you still come on this site????

I plan not to, because when I'm "home" it will be a new beginning and a fresh start.

What does every body else think????

Old Dec 24th 2008, 2:57 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: When your "home" will you still read the threads on BE???

Originally Posted by bev1
Just a question

When your all in the place you want to be, will you still come on this site????

I plan not to, because when I'm "home" it will be a new beginning and a fresh start.

What does every body else think????

Probably won't come on either, hopefully will be too busy lol.

New life, new home, new beginnings.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Probably not, but maybe we need an EX Expats forum for Those Who Have Returned?
Old Dec 24th 2008, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Erica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really nice

I'd plan to visit the site still for a while at least just to see how others on here that I've been following are doing (not in a stalking them kind of way but just because after spending so much time on here I'd like to know how others lives unfold in this crazy expat/ex-expat world)

Also if I thought I could give others who are considering the move BTTUK some useful advice from what I have gone through I will. Its the posts I read from people have moved back recently and let us know they are really happy in the UK that aspire me to continue with my vision to get back.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

That's a good point, I might be able to help others as I have also received helpful advice from people on here.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 6:58 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

I will probably post just to give others my own experience of being back. If it helps them to make their own decision a bit easier then I'll be glad to have helped as long as they remember that it is just my own opinion.
After this though, I will head off into the sunset. Reading about someone else's agony and dilemma will no longer be a shared experience so I probably won't be able to offer much in the way of helping them decide because it has to be down to the individual to make the decision or themselves. Everyone's situation is unique to them.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 7:22 am
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point

Will be busy house hunting, setting our business up and schools for a while.

When settled will look from time to time to see how other people still planning to come back are getting on.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 8:19 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I still come on, just to hopefully give a little something back. This site, especially this bit of it, the people on it have given me no end of advice and support over the years and I will always be grateful for that
Old Dec 24th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold

Yes I did come back on here and love reading about other peoples experiences it makes me realise that there are still other people around just like me that are a bit confused. Its also the support you get from everyone too and to keep in contgact with everyone else on here, its a great site for learning.

Di
Old Dec 24th 2008, 2:25 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I still frequent a few expat sites from different places I live, chiming in now and then when I have something to add, but nothing like the day-to-day checking I would do while 'in country'. I still read the newspapers of those cities from time to time (sometimes making me want to go back actually).
Old Dec 24th 2008, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Donna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud ofDonna Allan has much to be proud of

I still come onto the site even though I've been "home" for 8 months. BE was there for me in my moments of need and I'm here to give my two cents when I think it might help someone else. It's like a best friend, you don't dump them just cos you've moved country.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 8:19 pm
LCT
Forum Regular

LCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud ofLCT has much to be proud of

Nope, I just want to put all this behind me and move on!

Although perhaps I'd do an update after a couple of months incase it would be helpful for others going through the decision making process.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

I think if you can spare the time of even the odd update or to reply to others questions - that is great.

I found the forum invaluable when I was considering the move. I have also loved reading up on other posters progress or otherwise. It is just comforting to know that there are always other people going through the same stage of the cycle as you are.

Old Dec 25th 2008, 10:29 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Ill check in to see how people are doing and may be offer support to others going through the same thing.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

I still check in here and it's been over 3 years since we returned to the UK. I'm thankful there are those that do check back in occaisionally. It was people that had done it before us that gave the best advice. If it weren't for the people who had returned and came back to visit here, we wouldn't have had the great advice about movers, bringing our pets back, knowing what to take, figuring out how to transfer money, knowing about the heartache of sometimes forever having a foot in two different countries, etc.

I don't visit as often as I used to.....but I do pop in at least once every week or so just in case I can contribute something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.