Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

When are you going home then??

When are you going home then??

Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:34 pm
Banned

Dukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant future
Default Re: When are you going home then??

Originally Posted by Marmalade
Hi Dukie,
Where's Wythenshawe?
Wythenshawe in Manchester Greatest place in the world, geat people, fantastice pubs, great clubs and nightlife, rushome best curry houses bar none. Can't wait to get back and see my m8s again and go for a few pints and a curry.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dukie
Wythenshawe in Manchester Greatest place in the world, geat people, fantastice pubs, great clubs and nightlife, rushome best curry houses bar none. Can't wait to get back and see my m8s again and go for a few pints and a curry.
Wish you all the best. Sounds like you know where you're supposed to be
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to beholdmattmc is a splendid one to behold

OMG!! I have been away for a few weeks and everyone is going home.
Bl$$dy hells bells people!!!
We are planning to return July next year. I would go tomorrow if I could but house and work dictate we stay for another year.
Good luck to all.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:40 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Just wondering, out of curiosity, when do you guys reckon you'll be going home?

We'll be there 6 weeks today. How about you lot???
I still don't know when.......

Please cross your fingers for me......one day my time will come!!!!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
I still don't know when.......

Please cross your fingers for me......one day my time will come!!!!
In which case my fingers are firmly crossed for you Mrs B!

We go next May BTW
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:12 pm

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
In which case my fingers are firmly crossed for you Mrs B!

We go next May BTW
Thanks for the karma!

Well I'm hoping I'll be gone before you...I've put a deadline of April 09 in my mind!!!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:21 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Just wondering, out of curiosity, when do you guys reckon you'll be going home?

We'll be there 6 weeks today. How about you lot???
10 more days... we booked last night. I can't wait. I never thought I would be so happy to be going back!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:22 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Emma M
Wednesday I will be in England. HA! and boo sucks to you.
Good luck to you! We follow a week after you now.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gotoronto
10 more days... we booked last night. I can't wait. I never thought I would be so happy to be going back!
Wow you really are leaving then, good luck
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:46 pm
Banned

Dukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant futureDukie has a brilliant future

im so envyous of you. i miss manchester so much.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:01 pm
Elusive dreamer

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Wow you really are leaving then, good luck
Thanks so much. Back to the capital for us, as sadly we could not find any work in N.I. at the moment. But I think we'll have an eye out for any opportunities there in the future!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much. Back to the capital for us, as sadly we could not find any work in N.I. at the moment. But I think we'll have an eye out for any opportunities there in the future!
It's such a relief when you finally make the decision and book the tickets, I'm sure life will improve from here on in and if you ever do make it to NI I'll be glad to buy you a drink or two
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:45 am
Elusive dreamer

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
It's such a relief when you finally make the decision and book the tickets, I'm sure life will improve from here on in and if you ever do make it to NI I'll be glad to buy you a drink or two
Sounds like a plan! We definitely will visit more often and also keep an eye on jobs up there... if it's meant to be, one will show up one day.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute

I have a block of land that I have to sell before I can afford to move back. I'm hoping to sell it in the next couple of months with any luck, in which case I'll be aiming to move in January or February 09.

If it takes a bit longer to sell, then I'll be moving about 3 or 4 months after it sells.