Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

When do you stop being surprised?

When do you stop being surprised?

Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When do you stop being surprised?

Originally Posted by Steve_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:CI..._Caribbean.png

Hey it's the CIA so it must be true.
Presumably Bermuda is also in the Caribbean? . .... So maybe the Azores and the Canary Islands are in the Caribbean too?
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:07 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Um you've lost me, can't see Bermuda on that map.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:08 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I would NOt consider Bermuda (for obvious reasons) part of the Carib, BUT I would consider the Bahamas to be.
You can consider it to be if you want, but it isn't.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:09 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I would NOt consider Bermuda (for obvious reasons) part of the Carib, BUT I would consider the Bahamas to be.
They are both in the Caribbean Zone of CONCACAF, so that trumps everything else. Football rules the world.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_
Um you've lost me, can't see Bermuda on that map.
It seems to be a common misunderstanding in the US.... I know several people who have told me they have been on a Caribbean cruise, and when asked where, they say "to Bermuda".
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:13 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
They are both in the Caribbean Zone of CONCACAF, so that trumps everything else. Football rules the world.
Israel is apparently part of Europe, based upon its participation in the Eurovision song contest. Bad music rules the world.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:15 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You can consider it to be if you want, but it isn't.
There are multiple definitions, what one are you using?
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:17 pm
He/him

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
Israel is apparently part of Europe, based upon its participation in the Eurovision song contest. Bad music rules the world.
Bizarre that many Israelites seem to think of themselves as European. Maybe UEFA and Eurovision are to blame
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Makes a change from them thinking it's all foggy and cobbled
And of course everybody has a butler, bowler hat and a brolly!
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:30 pm

So apparently Guyana, French Guiana, and Suriname are not in South America? .... Though, granted, if I was on the national football team I'd rather try to qualify for the World Cup and the Olympics by playing against St Lucia, Jamaica, Curacao, and the Turks & Caicos Islands, than against Brazil, Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay.

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 5th 2013 at 6:41 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:31 pm

There are multiple definitions, what one are you using?
Er, islands actually in, or with coastline in, the Caribbean Sea, which is bounded to the north by the Greater Antilles (Cuba, Jamaica, Hispaniola, and Puerto Rico).

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 5th 2013 at 6:45 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:41 pm
He/him

Er, islands actually in the Caribbean Sea, which is bounded to the north by the Greater Antilles (Cuba, Jamaica, Hispaniola, and Puerto Rico).
And that's one way of looking at it
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:48 pm

And that's one way of looking at it
So the next time I spill some coffee, you presumably recommend that I tell Mrs P that the coffee she can see on the table is actually still in the cup nearby?
Old Feb 5th 2013, 6:56 pm
He/him

So the next time I spill some coffee, you presumably recommend that I tell Mrs P that the coffee she can see on the table is actually still in the cup nearby?
I have no problem in influence and political definitions merging with strict geographic ones and vice versa. It does not insult my sensibilities.

Having said that I jump down peoples throats when people incorrectly describe the Chinese province of Xizang as Tibet.
Old Feb 5th 2013, 7:12 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I have no problem in influence and political definitions merging with strict geographic ones and vice versa. It does not insult my sensibilities.

Having said that I jump down peoples throats when people incorrectly describe the Chinese province of Xizang as Tibet.
well of course, they ARE spelled differently!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.