Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

When in Australia, were your friends mostly expats?

When in Australia, were your friends mostly expats?

Old Jan 8th 2009, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When in Australia, were your friends mostly expats?

I appreciate your input on this, thank you people My brain often wanders to strange questions
Old Jan 8th 2009, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Well said!
And Flea - will you be my friend.I'm completely normal I think.
you may well be, not sure about Flea though!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:12 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Well said!
And Flea - will you be my friend.I'm completely normal I think.
Of course you can be my friend Pearly

Just dont expect ME to be normal

As for you Kporte...

Bend over, i'm just looking for my slipper.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Of course you can be my friend Pearly

Just dont expect ME to be normal

As for you Kporte...

Bend over, i'm just looking for my slipper.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

I have a mixture of friends, my Aussie friends tend to be a bit more travelled/educated than the general population but I only have a couple of Scottish expat friends, though I have some friends from other parts of the world.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

in one one sense, yes, nearly all my friends are expats, but not British ones. I did have a really good brit expat friend but she got fed up with Oz and now lives in Singapore ( I miss her ).

But nearly everyone we know (and like) are not from Australia. I guess we do tend to make friends with people of a similar education, career path etc. But generally the only aussies that we find we like to spend time with are the well traveled/educated ones (and we don't mean a 4wk Contiki shagfest), and they're few and far between.

Our time is very precious to us and spending with myopic, parochial, Brit hating morons, doesn't seem the best use of it!