Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Wikiposts

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Old Nov 4th 2014, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Warm and sunny.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

In Gloucestershire we have had an amazingly mild and sunny September and October, but yesterday it suddenly turned colder. This morning, grey, foggy, rainy and quite chilly. I fear me winter approacheth.

But at least I know--while under no illusions, it will be miserable some days--I know it won't stay below freezing for weeks and weeks and all the greenery won't die away and the snow won't stay around in huge icy greying humps well into March, as in PA....
Old Nov 4th 2014, 7:22 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by between two worlds
In Gloucestershire we have had an amazingly mild and sunny September and October, but yesterday it suddenly turned colder. This morning, grey, foggy, rainy and quite chilly. I fear me winter approacheth.

But at least I know--while under no illusions, it will be miserable some days--I know it won't stay below freezing for weeks and weeks and all the greenery won't die away and the snow won't stay around in huge icy greying humps well into March, as in PA....
+ 1. I love the year round greenery. I am amazed at the amount of evergreen plants for the garden. Spruce trees be gone.
Old Nov 4th 2014, 11:06 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Noticeably colder now but brilliant blue sky and great weather for bonfire night. Mmm cider.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Noticeably colder now but brilliant blue sky and great weather for bonfire night. Mmm cider.
Yes, the sun has come out since I wrote my earlier post (this lovely changeable British weather!) and it's not too cold yet, though they are threatening a drop in temps for tonight....
Old Nov 5th 2014, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

78f. Mostly sunny with a nice slight breeze.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 5:13 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Rain all day long in central Switzerland. I was out with friends at the Hergiswil glass factory shop near Lucerne and at the train station some Aussie tourists asked us which correct train to take to go up Mt. Pilatus.....the peak is 8000ft up. It would definitely have been snowing up there.....they just weren't dressed in warm enough clothing, poor things.

We went into Lucerne for lunch and saw lots of bedraggled Chinese tourists looking miserable; no beautiful mountain vistas today, just very low cloud and rain, rain, rain!

When we got back to the village where we live, we glanced up to the small mountain behind us (the Zugerberg) and we could see the 'snow line' where it was cold enough for the snow to start to settle on the pine and fir trees, higher up.

http://www.zug-tourismus.ch/en/further-pages/webcams

Apparently Zermatt (where the Matterhorn is - the mountain on the Toblerone chocolate bars - is due for 2 feet of snow!)
Old Nov 5th 2014, 7:03 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Rain all day long in central Switzerland. I was out with friends at the Hergiswil glass factory shop near Lucerne and at the train station some Aussie tourists asked us which correct train to take to go up Mt. Pilatus.....the peak is 8000ft up. It would definitely have been snowing up there.....they just weren't dressed in warm enough clothing, poor things.

We went into Lucerne for lunch and saw lots of bedraggled Chinese tourists looking miserable; no beautiful mountain vistas today, just very low cloud and rain, rain, rain!

When we got back to the village where we live, we glanced up to the small mountain behind us (the Zugerberg) and we could see the 'snow line' where it was cold enough for the snow to start to settle on the pine and fir trees, higher up.

http://www.zug-tourismus.ch/en/further-pages/webcams

Apparently Zermatt (where the Matterhorn is - the mountain on the Toblerone chocolate bars - is due for 2 feet of snow!)
OOH I would really love to visit Lucerne, it looks just stunning. Those poor tourists though, go to see beauty and only see rain
Old Nov 5th 2014, 7:08 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by between two worlds

+2. The most depressing thing is snow for months which turns black and slushy then just brown, dead grass & trees for the next few weeks until they come back to life in May.
I love the year round green here and then spring which starts in February when the flowers start to bloom. Much better for my health
Old Nov 5th 2014, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

We have had a very mild and balmy start to winter with above average temperatures around 10deg to 12 deg and not even going down to below 9deg at night but it has come with high winds and rain and in the last month I think we have had two sunny days! I know this as I needed to mow the lawns and have yet to get a day to do it as everything is so wet! Now I think "sod the lawns"! I also have yet to bring in my fuchsias and geraniums into the green house! I do miss my daily walks though as I hate walking in the rain! Indoors the heating is hardly coming on yet, we just take the chill off with the gas fires and add another jersey rather than fire up the heaters!

I am sure when it does get cold it will really hit us! We are also not going South this year so will have to endure the entire winter!
Old Nov 6th 2014, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Glorious morning. High of 82f today. May have to put the A/C back on.
Old Nov 7th 2014, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Warm and sunny with clear blue skies.

Meanwhile back in England............

Friend of mine took these pics during the recent late summer days in the UK.
Attached Thumbnails What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?-4.jpg   What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?-5.jpg   What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?-6.jpg  
Old Nov 12th 2014, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

KimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond repute

Currently 0320am, 10 degrees and cloudy. 12 degrees and showers forecast for Thursday...
Old Nov 12th 2014, 6:50 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KimmyCustard
Currently 0320am, 10 degrees and cloudy. 12 degrees and showers forecast for Thursday...
Where are you?
Old Nov 13th 2014, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

KimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Surrey in the UK. And we got 12 degrees and showers - yuck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.