Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

what are you looking forward to most about moving back home?

what are you looking forward to most about moving back home?

Old Aug 14th 2006, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

by the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the roughby the sea side is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: what are you looking forward to most about moving back home?

Originally Posted by karaokeM
Hi Jennifer, and thanks everyone for your feedback on this subject.

He has not given an exact date, he says middle to end of next year. I just feel as you say the dream has not been forfilled. I said the other day I'm sure its been a conspiracy between the government and the shipping companies. I feel like I've been totally conned by him, and thank god for the internet or I'd be still in the dark, believing everything everyone says.

Cheers

Mandy
understood mandy not an easyone I'd go mad to if it wasn't for the net.The reality isn't the same as the dream. Shipping companies are rubbish we had a heap of trouble with ours
Old Aug 14th 2006, 7:12 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Sheer and utter bliss of going clothes shopping, us Girl's love it so dose the OH come to that, but here is a nightmare, I've never had so less to choose from in my closet
me too but thats because I got fat
Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
me too but thats because I got fat
You never dont look it Hon in your photos
Old Aug 15th 2006, 3:12 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
You never dont look it Hon in your photos
they're photos from 2003
I put on about 2 stone in 3 years .Trying like buggery to shift it, but its not going anywhere, to be honest I think its the stress I feel at being so far away from my family
When I lived near them I was as fit as a butchers dog. My old bod is still in here somewhere, its just covered up with doughnuts I'll get the weight off as some stage , but prolly not until my life calms down a bit.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 3:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

they're photos from 2003
I put on about 2 stone in 3 years .Trying like buggery to shift it, but its not going anywhere, to be honest I think its the stress I feel at being so far away from my family
When I lived near them I was as fit as a butchers dog. My old bod is still in here somewhere, its just covered up with doughnuts I'll get the weight off as some stage , but prolly not until my life calms down a bit.
Well you get them lovely photos of you on the bloody fridge, you keep thinking like you just said, your old bod's still in there
Old Aug 15th 2006, 3:35 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah, they're great piccies! (Don't know why I've not discovered them before ... ) But I'm now going to have to change my whole mental image of you (it is a compliment, honest! If it's any consolation, Gruff thinks I'm a gay bloke living in New Zealand.)
Old Aug 15th 2006, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

karaokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of light

they're photos from 2003
Dear Sarah

Same here I reckon I've put on about the same since leaving UK.But then its a vicious circle, I have lost the will to shop here also, because its more of I need the top etc. than I really want it. So you don't feel like you have the incentive to lose the weightto get into that special top. But, I recently decided to go backto uk and straight away I've joined a slimming club and bit by bit its coming off, maybe its because I have incentive now.

Mandy
Old Aug 15th 2006, 3:50 pm
Senior Moment

Wow thanks guys! You know how to cheer a girl up!
Its nice knowing I'm not alone in finding stress relief in a ice cream

Its weird being this weight, because I've never been quite so lard-tastic as I am now, but the silly thing is, I know I'll be able to get it off once I am a bit more settled and happier over here. The first two years have been ridiculously tough, from being burgled to having no job to having a job I ldon't like.

However, come August 2007 I am going back in Uni (hopefully in California) to do my Masters and I can't wait! no more office cube worker for me yay!
Old Aug 15th 2006, 11:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Wow thanks guys! You know how to cheer a girl up!
Its nice knowing I'm not alone in finding stress relief in a ice cream

Its weird being this weight, because I've never been quite so lard-tastic as I am now, but the silly thing is, I know I'll be able to get it off once I am a bit more settled and happier over here. The first two years have been ridiculously tough, from being burgled to having no job to having a job I ldon't like.

However, come August 2007 I am going back in Uni (hopefully in California) to do my Masters and I can't wait! no more office cube worker for me yay!
I put on a stone or so when we moved to the US...put it down to comfort eating. Whenever I feel down I reach for the Cadbury's...even if it is made under licence by Hershey.