Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

what are you looking forward to most about moving back home?

Wikiposts

what are you looking forward to most about moving back home?

Old Jul 30th 2006, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

shelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: what are you looking forward to most about moving back home?

Its Fantastic to be home!!!!!!!!
The kids summer holidays,
Not having to rush about in the mornings until september
Trips to the seaside,
Eating Fish and chips on the Seafront,
Catching the ferry and watching the twinkling lights getting further away on a night
Buying sticks of rock
walking in the beautiful Yorkshire dales
Watching English telly
reading Catherine Cookson books
Shopping in a proper town centre
buying quality clothes and pretty nice fitting underwear
being able to fly to Europe in an hour
Being close to family
Only living an hours drive away from Man utd
Pear cider aahhh
Good curries
Fantastic nights out
Rugby League players and the smell of germeline
Ok pull myself together
HOME SWEET HOME
Old Jul 30th 2006, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelly1
Trips to the seaside,
Catching the ferry and watching the twinkling lights getting further away on a night
Buying sticks of rock
Watching English telly
Being close to family
Pear cider aahhh
Good curries
Fantastic nights out
Ok pull myself together
HOME SWEET HOME
i was with you until you saw being near Man Utd as a positive!
Apaert from that, glad you are still happy
c xxx
Old Jul 30th 2006, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

karaokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of light

Trips to the seaside,
Buying sticks of rock
Watching English telly
Being close to family

Pear cider aahhh
Good curries
Fantastic nights out
Ok pull myself together
HOME SWEET HOME
Dear Shelley

Sounds like you are really happy to be home. How long were you away for,where do you live now. I'm from Leeds originally, but have been away 11 years now. My husband does not want to go back and does alot of scaremongering. But when I read threads from people like yourself I feel so desperate to go home. I have become so bored with OZ and cannot picture my self here for the rest of my life.

Mandy
Old Jul 31st 2006, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

shelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: what are you looking forward to most about moving back home?

Originally Posted by karaokeM
Dear Shelley

Sounds like you are really happy to be home. How long were you away for,where do you live now. I'm from Leeds originally, but have been away 11 years now. My husband does not want to go back and does alot of scaremongering. But when I read threads from people like yourself I feel so desperate to go home. I have become so bored with OZ and cannot picture my self here for the rest of my life.

Mandy

Hi Mandy sorry to hear your homesick.
The whole migration thing never really got off the ground for us, we spent a couple of months working in Canada, or should i say my husband did the working while i was a lady of leisure, it just wasn't for us.
Yes i am really happy to be back home in Dewsbury not far from Leeds,
its where we belong, no point us trying to kid ourselves Yorkshire folk born and bred by gum. We went to a few concerts in Leeds in roundhay park a good few years back 1980s Bruce springstein, Madonna, Michael Jackson, I have very Happy memories of Leeds
Where are you in Oz?
My cousin lives in Brisbane she's staying with us for a couple of weeks in sept/ Oct, not sure how she's gonna cope with being back home, first visit in 16 years, i'm sure its her going back home to Oz that will be the most painful, we went out to visit two years ago, it broke my heart to leave her there,
We've always been as close as sisters, even more so since losing both sets of our parents my mum and her dad where brother and sister my mum was the only sister of four brothers, and all the cousins used to come to our house visiting every week, so us cousins on my mum's side where very close growing up, we're still extremely close these days, we're hoping to get out visiting again 2008 fingers crossed...
I'm sorry reminiscing out loud
Yes i am glad to be home.
sending a big Yorkshire (((((hug))))) Shelly x
Old Jul 31st 2006, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

karaokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mandy sorry to hear your homesick.
The whole migration thing never really got off the ground for us, we spent a couple of months working in Canada, or should i say my husband did the working while i was a lady of leisure, it just wasn't for us.
Yes i am really happy to be back home in Dewsbury not far from Leeds,
its where we belong, no point us trying to kid ourselves Yorkshire folk born and bred by gum. We went to a few concerts in Leeds in roundhay park a good few years back 1980s Bruce springstein, Madonna, Michael Jackson, I have very Happy memories of Leeds
Where are you in Oz?
My cousin lives in Brisbane she's staying with us for a couple of weeks in sept/ Oct, not sure how she's gonna cope with being back home, first visit in 16 years, i'm sure its her going back home to Oz that will be the most painful, we went out to visit two years ago, it broke my heart to leave her there,
We've always been as close as sisters, even more so since losing both sets of our parents my mum and her dad where brother and sister my mum was the only sister of four brothers, and all the cousins used to come to our house visiting every week, so us cousins on my mum's side where very close growing up, we're still extremely close these days, we're hoping to get out visiting again 2008 fingers crossed...
I'm sorry reminiscing out loud
Yes i am glad to be home.
sending a big Yorkshire (((((hug))))) Shelly x
Thanks for your reply shelly, We currently live in Melbourne, but we have lived in Marshall Islands and NZ before we came here, I guess always hoping to find somewhere where I would feel at home and happy. Unfortunately after nearly 11 years and my daughter returning home to Leeds nearly a year ago now, I have finally put my foot down and said I want to go home. The final straw I suppose is finding out that we are not that better off here financially which was one of the main reasons for immigrating in the first place. I just cannot see the point of everyone living in England and us out here, especially when I'm not happy. Hubby loves it here, but reluctantly has decided to move back. but he says it may take about 18 months to get enough money to return. (or 18 months to talk me around), but not this time!

Cheers,

Mandy
Old Aug 1st 2006, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

DarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of light

I'm *really* looking forward to spending weekends visiting various family up and down the country. Here, I don't know anyone beyond the city limits.

The 4 weeks holiday a year issue is a huge, huge deal for me too. But more than that, I'm looking forward to actually spending some holiday time on an actual bloody holiday. I haven't had one in years, since I spend all of my priceless time off here visiting family in the UK. Don't get me wrong, I love going back, but it's no holiday.

Looking forward to not being defined as a person by where I'm from, and simply fitting in and feeling 'home'.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DarrenP
I'm *really* looking forward to spending weekends visiting various family up and down the country. Here, I don't know anyone beyond the city limits.

The 4 weeks holiday a year issue is a huge, huge deal for me too. But more than that, I'm looking forward to actually spending some holiday time on an actual bloody holiday. I haven't had one in years, since I spend all of my priceless time off here visiting family in the UK. Don't get me wrong, I love going back, but it's no holiday.

Looking forward to not being defined as a person by where I'm from, and simply fitting in and feeling 'home'.
Are you still going to New Zealand?
Old Aug 1st 2006, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

DarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of lightDarrenP is a glorious beacon of light

Not for now at least It all fell through due to a headcount cockup their end.
I had to start a new job here 'cos of expiring visas, so I'll see how long that lasts!
Old Aug 1st 2006, 4:45 pm
Account Closed

Not for now at least It all fell through due to a headcount cockup their end.
I had to start a new job here 'cos of expiring visas, so I'll see how long that lasts!
Oh dear, did you want to go back? What about the start-up?
Old Aug 1st 2006, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

I've started at the startup yeah, I'm just really not sure that it's what I want. Missing the UK and family a lot I guess.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I've started at the startup yeah, I'm just really not sure that it's what I want. Missing the UK and family a lot I guess.
It SUCKS big time, as my kids say. And the longer I'm here, the worse it gets. I think it has something to do with the family getting older?
Old Aug 1st 2006, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all

Just being back in the UK,

the best country in the world,

oh and working again with payback...........

doing some of the things I failed in , when I was in Aus, all my fault ofcourse........

Golf, soccer and drinking decent beer

Planning vacations, as I had no $ to do this due to my inability to get a good job, my fault of course............
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 12:34 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Babysitters.

Babysitters.

Asda, tesco, next, M&S

Loving being back.

No regrets though
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 12:43 am
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice

We went to a few concerts in Leeds in roundhay park a good few years back 1980s Bruce springstein,
That was a great concert, Born in the USA Tour.
I was one of thousands who didn't pay, the fences were hardly Fort Knox in those days !!

Over in Canada at the moment, and have decided that one years enough, though we intend to have a great year here. Some of the posts here just reinforce that we've made the right decision.

Don't thinnk I'll tell my wife about the Next Sale though !!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 3:03 am
Account Closed

Oh sorry I misunderstood, thought you were going back to UK for good.

Will you get another chance at the job you wanted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.