Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What would you do if you were in the UK today?

What would you do if you were in the UK today?

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would you do if you were in the UK today?

Originally Posted by emmahafryn
How nice would it be to have a drink somewhere that didn't have a pokey machine and resemble some bloke's garage?

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:10 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: What would you do if you were in the UK today?

Originally Posted by emmahafryn
Come on folks, I need some ideas.

What would be the one thing you'd do/first place you'd go if you were home?

Personally I can't wait to go to Sainsburys but that's just because I am very sad

I don't want to miss anything so if you have any suggestions on how to spend a Dec day in Blighty - let's have it!

Em
I would leave for somewhere warmer.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:50 am
Banned

Major Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant future

Add some logs to the fire, off to Chester in My Range Rover, having a great Saturday Pub Lunch, do some shopping and then return home.

Will post some pics later.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

MartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'd probably be counting the days until it was time to leave again! I know the UK seems to draw people back, but I have no fond memories of living there. I've been in South Africa (crime and all) for nearly 30 years and have no desire to go back at all.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:04 pm
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartynK
Well, I'd probably be counting the days until it was time to leave again! I know the UK seems to draw people back, but I have no fond memories of living there. I've been in South Africa (crime and all) for nearly 30 years and have no desire to go back at all.
Ok cheers for that. Very informative and helpful.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:27 pm
Banned

Major Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant futureMajor Edmund Lockyer has a brilliant future

Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:35 pm
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: What would you do if you were in the UK today?

Originally Posted by Major Edmund Lockyer
No offence mate but when someone asks "What would you do if you were in the UK today", maybe "taking pictures of children on my mobile phone camera" isn't a great idea.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:15 am
Banned

I aint taken any pictures of children, picture of the clock in Chester.

Not sure what your looking at , but if Im cynical your tone appears well, I know what your trying to say.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:41 pm
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

I aint taken any pictures of children, picture of the clock in Chester.
I thought it was a pretty neat picture . . . the hustle-bustle of the high street of a Saturday afternoon. The old buildings, and the new. Rather captured the essence of part of British life.

Sarah
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:14 pm
Banned

that was the idea sarah, as much as I talk about waffle those scenes are everyday life, I wasnt going to exactly blow a whistle and ask everyone to hide as I wanted to take a picture was I.

obviously the other poster has issues.

Originally Posted by SarahInTX
I thought it was a pretty neat picture . . . the hustle-bustle of the high street of a Saturday afternoon. The old buildings, and the new. Rather captured the essence of part of British life.

Sarah
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:36 pm
Bendy Bully

Thumbs down Re: What would you do if you were in the UK today?

that was the idea sarah, as much as I talk about waffle those scenes are everyday life, I wasnt going to exactly blow a whistle and ask everyone to hide as I wanted to take a picture was I.
Odd that then, because it looks for all the world like the sort of picture that usually appears on the chavscum website, which is your real reason for posting it isn't it? If it's honestly supposed to be a picture of the clock (which I can just about make out), well it's crap frankly.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

If we were in the UK today, hubby would love a proper pint of draught Boddies and go see a Man City game.....and I would be in consumer heaven in Stockport!!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

MartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Eric Hitchmo;5754160 Odd that then, because it looks for all the world like the sort of picture that usually appears on the chavscum website, which is your real reason for posting it isn't it? If it's honestly supposed to be a picture of the clock (which I can just about make out), well it's crap frankly]

What on earth is the problem? The photograph is poor, technically, but the composition is quite good and it's an interesting snapshot of life. There's nothing remotely objectionable about it.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:10 am
Banned

hi,

chavs are everywhere, dont be so cynicle, about it, they are only kids, and havent done anything wrong.

heres one taken early this year.

Originally Posted by Eric Hitchmo
Odd that then, because it looks for all the world like the sort of picture that usually appears on the chavscum website, which is your real reason for posting it isn't it? If it's honestly supposed to be a picture of the clock (which I can just about make out), well it's crap frankly.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

chavs are everywhere, dont be so cynicle, about it, they are only kids, and havent done anything wrong.

heres one taken early this year.

http://britishexpats.com/photopost/d...hester_009.jpg
Great picture and there was nothing wrong with the last one either. If I can just work out how to add a picture I'll put one up of my trip to Ireland over christmas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.