What would you do?

Old Nov 4th 2005, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute
Default What would you do?

Thought I would start a new light hearted thread seeing as its finally the weekend!!

If you could fly back to the UK tonight just for the weekend what would you do for those 2 days? I would give the kids to the grandparents go around the pubs tonight , tomorrow morning go out for full breakfast to help with the hangover , do some serious shopping then out for indian meal on saturday night. Sunday morning read all the trashy UK sunday papers , then afternoon at a nice country pub for pub lunch and couple more bevvies (honestly not an alcoholic) and then sunday night in front of telly with the folks

Monday would be back to reality

How about you?
Old Nov 4th 2005, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What would you do?

Originally Posted by Betty Boot
Thought I would start a new light hearted thread seeing as its finally the weekend!!

If you could fly back to the UK tonight just for the weekend what would you do for those 2 days? I would give the kids to the grandparents go around the pubs tonight , tomorrow morning go out for full breakfast to help with the hangover , do some serious shopping then out for indian meal on saturday night. Sunday morning read all the trashy UK sunday papers , then afternoon at a nice country pub for pub lunch and couple more bevvies (honestly not an alcoholic) and then sunday night in front of telly with the folks

How about you?

Your took the words right out of my mouth!
Can't think of anything better than pubs, brekkie out, shopping & Indian meal. Yum!

Oooh, perhaps a walk in the park there somewhere as its Autumn so I could see all the colours on the trees changing!

Great Thread!
Old Nov 4th 2005, 9:52 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

awww that is so good...shame I can't join in but I will tell you what my weekend entails being in the UK.

Tonight..cook nice yum swordfish meal and share bottle of red wine with hubby. Tomorrow hubby takes miss Pants swimming and I do very exciting stuff like getting her 4th party organised....!! Tomorrow night hubby and I are of out for a meal at local Italian to celebrate my forthcoming birthday. Sunday will go do more shopping for Miss Pants birthday and depending on weather go for long walk...!! Today is gorgeous and sunny but sadly they predict pooh weather all weekend.!!

That's my weekend.....but if I could fly to Oz for the weekend this is how I would play it..

Take miss Pants to my mates place and spend all evening drinking , laughing and catching up. Saturday head of into Blue Mountains for Brekky at a lovely lookout we know but can't for the life of me remember it's name..!!! Lunch at Katoomba and then for the night head into Sydney for some cocktails at lush bar my mate took me one night..!!Sunday morning catch with other mates and do the local pub by the river for lunch and generally hang out..or head for the beach and just chillllllllll....!!!!

And noooooooooo I am not a alcofrolic either...hic.....!!!

Last edited by Pants; Nov 4th 2005 at 9:57 am.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

I second that decision of the grandparents thing with the kiddies, good one.

Then I would be really sad and go to Asda and walk round in a daze for a couple of hours.

Then would have to eat the Malt Loaf I bought in Asda in the car because It would not make it anywhere else.

Then go in to the Derbyshire hills and walk malt loaf off whilst admiring the beautiful landscape.

The pub lunch, A carvery of course.

Then spend Sunday with my Mum, Dad, and the rest of the family.

Pure Bliss

Good thread by the way Betty Boot
Old Nov 4th 2005, 12:30 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

How about you?
Good job I'm working on a matter transmitter then! I've just watched the fly again and I'm sure I could make them.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 2:21 pm

NewCalgarian is an unknown quantity at this point

Pub with the most wonderful bunch of people in the world, Chippy (has to be the one on Campion Street in Derby) for a dirty great bag of Chips and a Homemade Fishcake drowned in vinegar. Pub again for more wonderful rich, thick, warm, dark, luxuriant ale.

Get up next day and go for a really long bike ride up the Tissington Trail at Ashbourne (enjoying the beautiful scenery) to sweat off the previous days indulgence. Then out for a curry (I know its not big or clever, but it is bloody great!) and then round for a cup of tea with my Mum & Dad - generally the weekend would consist of lifes simple pleasures.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:07 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

How about you?
Hiking weekend in Scotland with beer and fish and chips each night.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

How about you?
All sounds perfect if only.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Walk on the Chilterns

Lunch in a country pub

Take in a play in London's West End

Supper at Simpsons in the Strand

Followed by a stiif cocktail in their bar

Train journey to Durham city. Breakfast on the train

Take a boat on the river

After noon tea at The Royal County

Choral evensong in Durham Cathedral

Return journey to London with dinner on the train
Old Nov 7th 2005, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

bodmin13 will become famous soon enough

Mum takes the kid for the morning so i can sleep in for a change.
Into City Centre for Steak and Ale pie lunch and drinks at Yates.
Down to the pub within staggering distance of home for an evening of REAL darts and guinness that actually tastes like it should. Followed by curry.
Wake up to a full English brekkie.
And Repeat.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm think I'd go to Glastonbury take a walk up to the top of the Tor, then wander around the new age shops in the town. On the way back I'd call in to The Mendip Inn for dinner and a few beers. Sunday I'd go to Bath walk around the town and shops then have dinner and lots of wine at my sisters house with as many of the family as could make it. Oh and watch lots of telly

Annette
Old Nov 7th 2005, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

I'd go to the Lake District. Couple of hikes up in the Langdales, mozzy round Grasmere, pint or two in the Drunken Duck and a nice cream tea in Ambleside.