Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What will you miss from Oz?

Wikiposts

What will you miss from Oz?

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 1:40 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What will you miss from Oz?

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Serious as a 'art attack.

I'd be denying her so much it would be criminal.
Oh well, we'll just have to agree to disagree, because I feel the absolute opposite. My son did some things and saw some wonderful places/countries before the age of 9. We couldn't have given him that if we had lived here then.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 1:41 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Oh well, we'll just have to agree to disagree, because I feel the absolute opposite. My son did some things and saw some wonderful places/countries before the age of 9. We couldn't have given him that if we had lived here then.
Isn't difference of opinion mmmarvellous? Do have some tea and scones dear
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 1:52 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't difference of opinion mmmarvellous? Do have some tea and scones dear
Don't drink tea and don't like scones, but I'll join you in a coffee.

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Jan 23rd 2008 at 1:55 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

If I took my daughter back to the UK to live then I should be done for child abuse.

Apart from extra sunshine (which I'll admit is nice), I cannot think of a thing my children would be "denied" by not growing up in Australia.

As St George's Girl said, we'd have to agree to disagree - but I am sure I am not doing an ostrich impression with regard to the UK, any more than you are with regard to Australia!!

Last edited by jojosan; Jan 23rd 2008 at 2:18 pm. Reason: bad spelling!!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:27 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Not going anywhere (unfortunately) but I think I'd miss,

The brightness of the light making everything look cheerful and clean.

Being able to wear shades all day (see above)

The beautiful birds (feathered kind)

Airconditioning on those rare hot U.K days (would have at least a fan in the bedroom if I were to go back)

Playing mind games with a U.K 'friend' who always has to be bigger and better at everything, she is so jealous of me being here it's funny...........If only she knew the truth of how I feel, sure helps to pass the time though. I sometimes get changed into a bikini top for web-cam chats and make sure to send at least one beach/sea/ sun/smiling kids one at least once a month (Wicked but true )

Oh Dear....did I just press 'Submit reply'?

Jan (just too honest at times LOL!)
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:33 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

If I were to go back I would miss:

My good friends
The weather
My home
The mangoes, nectarines, plums and cherries - they just don't taste as nice back in England
The coffee
Kings Park
The peace and quiet
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:25 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jan3kids
Not going anywhere (unfortunately) but I think I'd miss,

The brightness of the light making everything look cheerful and clean.

Being able to wear shades all day (see above)

The beautiful birds (feathered kind)

Airconditioning on those rare hot U.K days (would have at least a fan in the bedroom if I were to go back)

Playing mind games with a U.K 'friend' who always has to be bigger and better at everything, she is so jealous of me being here it's funny...........If only she knew the truth of how I feel, sure helps to pass the time though. I sometimes get changed into a bikini top for web-cam chats and make sure to send at least one beach/sea/ sun/smiling kids one at least once a month (Wicked but true )

Oh Dear....did I just press 'Submit reply'?

Jan (just too honest at times LOL!)
Jan, i am just about to book my holiday to Gold Coast. What do you think of the place.? and how's the weather?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by jojosan
Apart from extra sunshine (which I'll admit is nice), I cannot think of a thing my children would be "denied" by not growing up in Australia.

As St George's Girl said, we'd have to agree to disagree - but I am sure I am not doing an ostrich impression with regard to the UK, any more than you are with regard to Australia!!
Fair enough and each to their own.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Don't drink tea and don't like scones, but I'll join you in a coffee.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/751/cafe4uul9.gif
Irish?
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

lorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of light

If I took my daughter back to the UK to live then I should be done for child abuse.
Absolutely, the quality of melanoma you get back in the UK is just an absolute disgrace never mind the risk of maybe catching an education or worse ....having to cover her feet in... shoes!!...safer to stay put !!.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by lorids
Absolutely, the quality of melanoma you get back in the UK is just an absolute disgrace never mind the risk of maybe catching an education or worse ....having to cover her feet in... shoes!!...safer to stay put !!.
You've got to try harder than that!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:48 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Irish?
Oh no, you must try Chai, unusually different.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
That ancient art of Chai Tea?

Ah so ...
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:36 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

That ancient art of Chai Tea?

Ah so ...
less of the insults, you are an ah so too
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:39 pm
'In limboland'

Irish?
No I'm English...

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Chai is the name of one my OH's colleagues...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.