Reload this Page >

What will you miss from Oz?

Wikiposts

What will you miss from Oz?

Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What will you miss from Oz?

I know we all miss heaps from the UK and we've rambled on and on about them for years, but, what will you miss from Australia when you return?

For me, I will miss;

Friends (especially an old school friend who moved here at the same time as me)
The ocean being just down the road
Being able to plan an outside event weeks in advance and KNOW it won't rain!!! But, I have to say, that is the only great thing about this stinking heat!
Freemantle markets and fish and chips at the harbour on a Sunday.
Decent long machiatto coffee...........

ermmmmm...o.k, struggling now....your turn.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:20 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What will you miss from Oz?

Originally Posted by TraceyW
I know we all miss heaps from the UK and we've rambled on and on about them for years, but, what will you miss from Australia when you return?

For me, I will miss;

Being able to plan an outside event weeks in advance and KNOW it won't rain!!! But, I have to say, that is the only great thing about this stinking heat!

The outdoor cafe lifestyle. My husband and i rarely cook!

My fave outdoor pool

Bondi Junction food court. Believe me it has the best shopping mall view in the world right across the harbour.

My best friend Anne

ummmmmm... help me out here lol
Old Jan 19th 2008, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Familytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to all

TraceyW,

If you like 'Machiatto' coffee try Dome at Hillarys if you ask for a long large Mach. its 5 bucks and arrives in a pint glass, I didn't sleep for a week......
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:53 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Familytoaus
TraceyW,

If you like 'Machiatto' coffee try Dome at Hillarys if you ask for a long large Mach. its 5 bucks and arrives in a pint glass, I didn't sleep for a week......
Wahoo....!!! I like my coffee very strong and (almost) black....a bit like ..........
Old Jan 20th 2008, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I'm in a real stinking mood today...i'll miss jack shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 20th 2008, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

lorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I'm in a real stinking mood today...i'll miss jack shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I used to get days like that but as time looms closer to going home (3 weeks today we will be flying back!!!!) I start to look slightly differently.

Things I will miss from Oz though will be:

hubby for 6 months!!(a few trips home planned though)
dog for 8 weeks
warm evening breeze (......not the hot stinky days)
not having to think too much
running over people's bare feet in supermarket with shopping trolley
big house (but not the cleaning of it and bills for it!)
big car (but not the cleaning and refuelling of it!)
running along the beach in the sun then going for a swim (North Sea not quite so appetizing!)
free parking
wide roads
brightness

and that's about it.

Note no barbecues or sausages in above list
Old Jan 20th 2008, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

lucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud oflucy71 has much to be proud of

Hi there

We're going home in March, can hardly believe it's so close now!

I'll miss:

great cafes, food and coffee
blue sky days, even in winter time
great childrens outdoor areas ie: sandpits, parks etc
walking along the beach in the early evening
lovely leafy melbourne city, shopping in brunswick street
ermmm, think that's about it!

Can't say I'll miss much else, but will miss em!
Old Jan 20th 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not going but if I was I think the only thing I'd miss is the checkout chicks/chaps saying hello then packing my bags for me.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
I'm not going but if I was I think the only thing I'd miss is the checkout chicks/chaps saying hello then packing my bags for me.
I prefer to pack my own. The bags here are useless, too thin and they pack about 2 things in each bag

I like to just shove stuff in. Quicker that way, get out of the supermarket quicker, but they just mess about.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

If I were lucky enough to be going home, I would miss my son and my granddaughter. Thatsit!
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:10 pm
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer to pack my own. The bags here are useless, too thin and they pack about 2 things in each bag

I like to just shove stuff in. Quicker that way, get out of the supermarket quicker, but they just mess about.
You really are in a crap mood eh.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 9:54 pm

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TraceyW

For me, I will miss;

ummmmm....

.....being able to dry my washing outside all year round.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Probably people...but my good friend from here is coming home anyway!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
ummmmm....

I love your location. It just makes sense
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:51 am
to be or not to be...

bluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
ummmmm....

oh I can relate to this one, drying the bed linen, towels and not bieng able to put them outside. I miss the beaches too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.