Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What sort of teen were you?

What sort of teen were you?

Old Apr 6th 2007, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default What sort of teen were you?

When you are a teenager, you need, I think to be able to do a few crazy or exciting things, so you can look back on your teens and say "thats nothing, remember the time we..blah blah blah" and feel you were once with it and lived a little. I want my kids to be safe but I also want them to feel they did some pretty exciting things in their teens so they can look back with excitement.

Here are a few things I (or teens today, wont say which is which) did/do that the teens in Oz might not be able to. Can anyone think of anything else they did or kids today do that they may not be able to experience in Oz?

1) Going to see a Premier league footie match with a capacity crowd of thousands. Even if you hate football, the atmosphere and banter and bit of edge is amazing at big matches.

2) Going to old, creepy graveyards and trying to do something supernatural (or sexy!)

3) going on a package holiday with your mates

4) lying about your age to get into pubs/clubs

5) Catching a train to a town you've never been to before - just for a night out.

6) going to your twin town/having or being an exchange student

7) Having mates that live in mansions and mates who live in council flats - but all going out together just the same.

8) pub crawling because you like the music scene from pub-pub

9) going to a city and seeing someone famous or their house ....and thinking its not that big a deal.

10) Going to a live gig with thousands of people like Glastonbury, getting soaking wet and cold but it doesnt matter "cos yer hard"

Of course, in Oz there are opportunities that we couldnt have here, especially around the sea and wildlife and some sports, but its good not to loose sight of what you did as a child that made it great to be a teen in the UK too.

Any other suggestions?

c
Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:15 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What sort of teen were you?

All I can say is sorry mum....

And yes payback is a bitch....
Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:55 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I was a cow to my folks My Mum laughed when I had our
daughter "revenge is sweet" she said!!!

I will not admit to what I did as a teenager. My kids may find it, keep it, and hold it as blackmail info in years to come!!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

OMG when I think about what I did!!

Sat/Frid/Thurs in the pub with me mates at the end of the evening shouting "Anyone going back our way, can we scrounge a lift?"Now would you do that this day and age??

Going to Butlins for a whole weekend getting totally blotto from the Friday to the Sunday then going back to work on the Monday LOL!!!!.....

Driving to some Godforesaken place on a Friday night to check out all the local talent, only to be faced with some old dregs of the earth......LOL.....

And other numerous outrageous things that I dare not say on here
Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:53 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

I was the perfect teenager,

Polite
well mannered
worked since age 11 on paper rounds morning and evenings
proper job at 16
own business at 18
looked after my mum when father died of cancer at 48 !! i was aged 19

If only the new generation of young uns were like that ..
Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
I was the perfect teenager,

Polite
well mannered
worked since age 11 on paper rounds morning and evenings
proper job at 16
own business at 18
looked after my mum when father died of cancer at 48 !! i was aged 19

If only the new generation of young uns were like that ..
OK Pete what happened to the first two.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:12 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:16 pm
Banned

Actually i am still the same polite well mannered guy , you and others on here just dont know me

I open doors for the old uns , always say please and thank you, Give consideration to others in most cases .etc..
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Actually i am still the same polite well mannered guy , you and others on here just dont know me

I open doors for the old uns , always say please and thank you, Give consideration to others in most cases .etc..
It was you was it who held the door open for me in M & S...then carried my bags to the car and paid the parking fee?
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

if you are that polite then why do you continue to post on the MBTTUK forum clearly rubbing peeps up the wrong way
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:24 pm
Banned

It was you was it who held the door open for me in M & S...then carried my bags to the car and paid the parking fee?
well i would of carried the bags but duno about the parking fee that i think would be pushing it a tad ...
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:31 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by TruBrit
if you are that polite then why do you continue to post on the MBTTUK forum clearly rubbing peeps up the wrong way
I am far to polite and well mannered to answer this one ..
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:44 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I am far to polite and well mannered to answer this one ..
oh yeah right
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Just as well your moving to Spain and not oz then there's not alot of that where I live!
Old Apr 8th 2007, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Can we please get back to the topic at hand and not about Big Pete (as always )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.