Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What to say when asked/told Ill bet you love it here?

What to say when asked/told Ill bet you love it here?

Old Aug 24th 2008, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to say when asked/told Ill bet you love it here?

Originally Posted by gotoronto
Ok, so I am going slightly mad. Sorry. I thought that last name used to be Footsprinkles, LOL.
lol no
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:43 am
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ellie10990
Help

I DONT LOVE IT HERE!!

I am sick to death of being told "I must love it here"but I usually end up agreeing because Im too polite to do otherwise.But then become angry with myself.
I asked a friend who is married to an australian how he knows(having never left australia)that its so wonderfulhere ?She said so many brits tell him/agree with him that its so wonderful,best place in the world etc etc

So what can I answer/orwhat do you say when asked?

It's a hopeless case.

Whenever I am critical of Australia (and I was born here), I am told, "Well you're not actually Australian, are you? Real Australians don't say things like that.":curse::curse:
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:25 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

I shrug and say..."Oh, it's ok I suppose - it'll do for now......" then look unamused!!!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

I have just got in from a rather lovely evening with some expat ladies and when I mentioned we we're going back next year was asked why - my reply was (rather bluntly I must admit) 'cos we don't like it'. What more is there to say?!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:26 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
I have just got in from a rather lovely evening with some expat ladies and when I mentioned we we're going back next year was asked why - my reply was (rather bluntly I must admit) 'cos we don't like it'. What more is there to say?!
.....and what did they say to that? That one opens a can of worms though coz then they ask what you don't like. I've done this before - then reeled off what I don't like and then got labelled a whingeing pom!!! So I say its because of 'family' - and there's no comeback on that one!!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

They said 'oh'
Old Sep 6th 2008, 4:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gotoronto
Tootsie - is it me or did you change your username slightly? How does one go about that?
If you've got a good reason for wanting a change, pm Sue and she'll consider it
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Yesterday someone at work asked me if I came on one of those skilled migrant visas for a better life.

I laughed in her face and said "Hell no"

Wouldn't have done that 6 months ago - you chicks are a bad influence on me!!!!
Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:05 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs Best
.....and what did they say to that? That one opens a can of worms though coz then they ask what you don't like. I've done this before - then reeled off what I don't like and then got labelled a whingeing pom!!! So I say its because of 'family' - and there's no comeback on that one!!
That's exactly what I do now as I really cannot be arsed to explain why I find this place the epitomy of dullness. Although you still get the occasional Pom who's been here for years ask why all of your family cannot move out here I hadn't the energy to explain that both sets of parents hate this place too and would never ever contemplate leaving their very happy and lovely lives in the UK to live in this sand pit, despite missing us dreadfully.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by islandergirl
Yesterday someone at work asked me if I came on one of those skilled migrant visas for a better life.

I laughed in her face and said "Hell no"

Wouldn't have done that 6 months ago - you chicks are a bad influence on me!!!!
LOL