Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What has happened to Britain?

What has happened to Britain?

Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:51 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has happened to Britain?

Originally Posted by trejon
Well done that woman!! You have just clearly demonstrated what it is that makes Britain what it is today

As for your signature.....................if I was the gatekeeper, you'd have no problems getting in whatsover! You'd probably never get out but thats a different story
I doubt from reading your bulldust you'd ever be given that responsibility.
Luckily for me, my husband does!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:23 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Examine the real Britain after ten years of Blair.

Measured in cash, which is the way Tony and Cherie measure most things, nearly all of us have become a little better off under Labour.

Despite Gordon Brown's relentlessly increasing taxes, which today take an average of £3,100 more from each household than they did in 1997, our real earnings have increased.

There is a prize for guessing what paper wrote the article

Last edited by Sue; Apr 13th 2008 at 2:19 pm. Reason: Article removed. Please adhere to rule 7 of the site rules. Thanks.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:57 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

No PM will ever be perfect.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

cornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond reputecornishvellan has a reputation beyond repute

I happened to look at The Sun newspaper this morning. What a load of rubbish. They have a section for British Expats (possibly been there for quite some time but I instead would prefer to look at The Guardian for at least some quality 'news') and I have never read such crap in a long time.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle990339.ece

This is classic brainwashing. If you keep reading the same negative opinions then you actually start believing it.

If Britain continues to be represented as negative in contrast to positive (according to the great Spanish philosopher Derrida) then the notion of power comes into play since 'there is always a relation of power between the poles of a binary opposition' in which one becomes more favoured than the other.

Hence Britain: NEGATIVE/ positive

Just a spot of philosophy on an early Sunday morning!!! And don't I need it with media tycoon Berlusconi most probably winning his third election-but oh no, living in Italy is just great!!!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I chose to make a bland statement about what was written because I didn't want to make any public statement about what she had written, that may have offended her.

Unlike what you have just done, by writing what you have written about me, without knowing ANYTHING about me.
The old phrase 'people in glass houses' ring any bells???

Sorry, but I don't think I wrote ANYTHING about you personally in my post!

Your post was bland and incorrect. Clearly intended to be rude to people, even if you didn't want to "offend"... What on earth was the point of that?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

trejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nice

Originally Posted by jojosan
Sorry, but I don't think I wrote ANYTHING about you personally in my post!

Your post was bland and incorrect. Clearly intended to be rude to people, even if you didn't want to "offend"... What on earth was the point of that?
"Quoll is not "confused"! But you seem to be happy to make bland statements to posters, when you have no idea what they are talking about, or what they have experienced".

Likewise!! As i said......................'people in glass houses..........'
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

trejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nicetrejon is just really nice

I suppose all I am trying to say is that we can all fall into the trap of assuming that our experiences make us qualified to pass comment on what a person writes and if what I have written offends anyone, I sincerely apologise for that and I can assure you that there was no offence intended.

I only came on here in the first place to say that I have been back and fore between UK and Oz three times and from my experience it wasn't the same as I had been looking back through my rose tinted specs and frequent holidays back there.

To experience what its really like to be back there and living and working back there, you have to actually do that, before all the reasons why you left in the first place, come flooding back.

Once again, sorry if I offended anyone.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose all I am trying to say is that we can all fall into the trap of assuming that our experiences make us qualified to pass comment on what a person writes and if what I have written offends anyone, I sincerely apologise for that and I can assure you that there was no offence intended.

I only came on here in the first place to say that I have been back and fore between UK and Oz three times and from my experience it wasn't the same as I had been looking back through my rose tinted specs and frequent holidays back there.

To experience what its really like to be back there and living and working back there, you have to actually do that, before all the reasons why you left in the first place, come flooding back.

No worries, apology accepted!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:31 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I understand what you are saying, but that doesn't happen for everyone. There have been quite a number of members on this site that have gone 'home' and are now very happy and settled with no regrets at all.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:03 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

As for putting the Great back into Britain.......................I am sorry for this ....................it's too late!
Why are you sorry? Why do you care? You are quite obviously happy with your life so why not just enjoy it and leave those of us who love the UK to enjoy our lives. I lived in Australia for a year and to be quite honest it was the worst year of my life. It completely ruined me and my family. I don't hate Australia but I really wish I had never heard of the place.

I returned to the UK with a new sense of pride and patriotism. I love every day that I wake up here and see the beauty around me - the view from my bedroom window, my drive to work, the humour of my workmates, the community spirit in our village, the history, culture and heritage. The fact that we can have fab holidays to America, Europe and beyond. I love everything about it and to me the Great doesn't need to be put back because it's already there.

Last edited by LouiseD; Apr 13th 2008 at 9:05 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Why are you sorry? Why do you care? You are quite obviously happy with your life so why not just enjoy it and leave those of us who love the UK to enjoy our lives. I lived in Australia for a year and to be quite honest it was the worst year of my life. It completely ruined me and my family. I don't hate Australia but I really wish I had never heard of the place.

I returned to the UK with a new sense of pride and patriotism. I love every day that I wake up here and see the beauty around me - the view from my bedroom window, my drive to work, the humour of my workmates, the community spirit in our village, the history, culture and heritage. The fact that we can have fab holidays to America, Europe and beyond. I love everything about it and to me the Great doesn't need to be put back because it's already there.
That's fantastic that you have gone back and everything has worked out for you. I share your pride and patriotism and I am jealous as hell that I couldn't settle back there.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 9:12 pm

london cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud of

Sometimes you need to be outside looking in to appreciate what you have got ...welcome home!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:41 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by london cabbie
Sometimes you need to be outside looking in to appreciate what you have got ...welcome home!
Fantastic statement
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:14 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD

Almost every one of your posts inspires me to push harder to go home Louise and I thank you for that. The longer we stay here, the more the doubts can and do creep in. I wish to goodness we had gone home in the first few years, even though we are doing okay here now, it's just not home and never will be.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

I do not need to resort to insults but if you would care read one of my recent resposes, you will find that I finished with a comment about it being "too late" to put the 'Great' back into Britain. Your response pays testament to that!!!! Do you know the meaning of "forum"
But you do use insults, you insulted every Britain who enjoys living in Britain and do think it's "Great", my well travelled family included, not every person who has migrated left Great Britain because they thought the "Great" has gone away......many for work or family reasons and yes I do know what a "Forum" is...a meeting place where public discussion is held..as per the Oxford Dictionary...but did you realise that this is a Forum for people wanting to or a heading back home......as I have said before, I am thrilled you enjoy your time here but why are you on this thread........? yep I thought my reply was quite "dry" really...was written with tongue in cheek....watch out as you might "come down" with the curse of "loosing you humour" one of the things that can happen while living in Aus.......................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.