Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What happens to the Superannuation

What happens to the Superannuation

Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What happens to the Superannuation

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Yes, i know what advert you are talking about

Stood there with a burnt bloody sausage typical Aussie rubbish.

Don't you just want to punch him on the nose

I don't know why but that advert for some reason really makes my blood boil, how stupid is that.

I can feel myself getting wound up already.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by sandrainaus

I don't know why but that advert for some reason really makes my blood boil, how stupid is that.

That sausage should be hanging from his forehead
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

yes and he looks the type,given half a chance he would slag off Britain
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:03 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Even I hate that bloke.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:33 pm
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha - we were slating this ad last night.

It makes my blood boil too. The bloke is a knob. What sort of stupid accent is that he's got. And he looks a bit simple. Scary thing is he looks familiar. And the little girl sitting by the side of the pool looking embarrased - poor kid. She must have been so tempted to jump in and play.

Wish he'd shove his sausage where it hurts

Sorry for hijack - just had to have a rant. Glad other people think the ad is pants too
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:27 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't just want to ram that sausage right up his <beep>, I want to shove him and that frigging bbq in the harbour.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I don't just want to ram that sausage right up his <beep>, I want to shove him and that frigging bbq in the harbour.

It truly is one of the most shite ads I have seen.

Let's have a barbie by the harbour in full view of a load of boats. And then let's have a child who looks nothing like the dad sitting by a pool absorbing all the rays and probably getting skin cancer and as I said before would just love to be in the pool. All the while gormless norm is pretending he lives in the idyllic location.

Of course we then have the stereoptypical scene of immigrant not being able to barbieque previously mentioned crap sausage. Is it crap because it has been up his ****? Who knows

This ad has to be up there as worst ad along with the avocado and chicken trying to shag in the lift. And I can't even remember the company it is advertising.

PS To OP - I have sent you K for hijacking again. It was/is a good thread

xx
Old Feb 18th 2008, 6:53 pm

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

"If you've moved to Australia like me (suckers) you can now transfer (lock away forever) your (hard earned) UK pension to Australia and take benefit at retirement, completely tax free (well except the two lots of tax you've already paid on it) (some shonky company) make it easy, they took of everything (including their outrageous commission), and I got a free (useless bit of paper showing how I can only afford to live til 68) transfer report.

There are still some things I'm getting used to in Oz (like the boredom, the rednecks, the lack of culture, the expense and the morons) but at least I know my UK pensions are (completely f**ked) sorted."

Twat
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

westwind is a jewel in the roughwestwind is a jewel in the roughwestwind is a jewel in the roughwestwind is a jewel in the rough

We will be going back to the UK around August time, and just wondered what happens to the Super contributions DH has paid??

Can he cash it in, tfr it to a UK pension scheme or does it just stay here until retirement age ??

Does anyone know

Cheers Sandra
Sandra,
Phone the ATO super line. The number is 13 1020 - they will give you the CORRECT advise. 'Super' rules are for ever changing and these are the people that should know the latest. I believe that if you are leaving the country permanently, you can access your 'super' - and you are not able to trf to a UK pension fund because they are 'not compliant' with Aus Super Funds. ut as I say - phone the ATO. Good Luck
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:38 pm

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe that if you are leaving the country permanently, you can access your 'super'
Then you believe wrong.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:25 pm

caledonia is an unknown quantity at this point

is there a difference between the super your employer pays for you (ie you never actually see it as it is paid by them in your payslip) and your own super that you "top up"? we were led to believe that your private super could be taken back to UK but that which employer paid could not - ie it was a benefit paid since living in Oz so why should we get it if we werent. whereas other super we paid ourselves, more like a saving scheme. we were banking on being able to transfer that bit back. any thoughts???
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by westwind
Sandra,
Phone the ATO super line. The number is 13 1020 - they will give you the CORRECT advise. 'Super' rules are for ever changing and these are the people that should know the latest. I believe that if you are leaving the country permanently, you can access your 'super' - and you are not able to trf to a UK pension fund because they are 'not compliant' with Aus Super Funds. ut as I say - phone the ATO. Good Luck

Hi

I contacted the ATO and have been told that as Citizens we will not be able to access/tfr the super until retirement age.

And it will have to stay here in OZ, regardless if we move back to the UK and never step foot into OZ again.

Thank you all for your advice.

Sandra
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crystal23

Let's have a barbie by the harbour in full view of a load of boats. And then let's have a child who looks nothing like the dad sitting by a pool absorbing all the rays and probably getting skin cancer and as I said before would just love to be in the pool. All the while gormless norm is pretending he lives in the idyllic location.

Of course we then have the stereoptypical scene of immigrant not being able to barbieque previously mentioned crap sausage. Is it crap because it has been up his ****? Who knows

This ad has to be up there as worst ad along with the avocado and chicken trying to shag in the lift. And I can't even remember the company it is advertising.

xx

Thanks for the K x
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:35 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crystal23

xx

No, the sausage is crap because it is an Australian sausage.. pure and simple