Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What the F**k Am I doing here

What the F**k Am I doing here

Old Feb 28th 2013, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

RChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to allRChappo is a name known to all
Default Re: What the F**k Am I doing here

I feel it more at weekends when I don't have work to occupy my mind. Just that long empty 48 hour void at the end of the week to have to try and fill.
I resent the fact that I have come to quite look forward to Mondays and started to slightly dread the weekend. It used to be the other way around.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feelbritish
It is a grey miserable, rainy day here on Vancouver Island. I have small ants suddenly making their appearance from inside my kitchen cupboards so started a cleaning frenzy under the sink cupboards. When I had everything taken out, some stuff thrown away, some stuff forgotten I had and packed into my "take home" box, I wished, wished wished that I was cleaning out the cupboards because we have sold and I am leaving! I am already keeping and packing some precious things that I don't use now for when I get to England! How sad is that? I am wishing my life away!
Awwww. It's a mite soggy over here in Vancouver too. IKWYM, I'm itching to pack, about to give in to temptation and go in search of boxes....
Old Feb 28th 2013, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

I have started fretting because my only British friend here in town is leaving this year, as soon as she sells her house and business. I love to go into her British shop for a packet of digestives and a natter and good old laugh. I don't know how I will make it through the next few years without her once she is gone. No one else understands what I am going through like she does
Old Mar 1st 2013, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
I have started fretting because my only British friend here in town is leaving this year, as soon as she sells her house and business. I love to go into her British shop for a packet of digestives and a natter and good old laugh. I don't know how I will make it through the next few years without her once she is gone. No one else understands what I am going through like she does
Sorry to hear that! You do have us on BE! You and I as we said before are pretty much at the same age and same timeline, returning and retiring!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:32 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

My best friend here (British) told my Mum (they write to each other after I introduced them when my parents came over on holiday!) that she doesn't know what she'll do once I've gone. I feel so guilty about it and I will really miss her too

BE really has helped me so much over the past 2 years, as someone who lives and works alone in a remote location it has honestly been my lifeline. We will always be here for you and if its something you don't want to share on a public forum you can always PM me - I'm a good listener
Old Mar 1st 2013, 5:39 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

It is a grey miserable, rainy day here on Vancouver Island. I have small ants suddenly making their appearance from inside my kitchen cupboards so started a cleaning frenzy under the sink cupboards. When I had everything taken out, some stuff thrown away, some stuff forgotten I had and packed into my "take home" box, I wished, wished wished that I was cleaning out the cupboards because we have sold and I am leaving! I am already keeping and packing some precious things that I don't use now for when I get to England! How sad is that? I am wishing my life away!
That's not sad, its an excellent coping mechanism!!! I confess I kept getting up in the middle of the night packing things when I was upset and couldn't sleep - ages before I was able to leave!!! I also just kept giving stuff away, it made me feel like I was doing something because I was just so frustrated that I couldn't do anything at the time!

Its so horrible being trapped by circumstances/other people/etc and I hope naughty Mr Feelbritish keeps to his side of the bargain in 2 years - or else! Big hugs
Old Mar 1st 2013, 7:16 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by passthevalium
Yes, I mean where I live, there are some days that feel surreal and my head just says "what the f**k am I doing here. You have to laugh.
Yes! Every day and I am going back to the UK in 12 weeks - it can't come soon enough!

I don't know quite what happened, one minute I was tripping along with my life quite nicely then all of a sudden - at the 4 year mark - I was like OMG what the f*** am I doing here?!!!

After a year of planning, saving and wishing I am nearly on my way home. I know its not going to be perfect and I'm sure I'll have those days but all in all I know I'm doing the right thing. Life is precious and too damn short to be this unhappy
Old Mar 1st 2013, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that! You do have us on BE! You and I as we said before are pretty much at the same age and same timeline, returning and retiring!
Thank you Yes, I am glad we are are here for each other
Old Mar 1st 2013, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MissBetty
My best friend here (British) told my Mum (they write to each other after I introduced them when my parents came over on holiday!) that she doesn't know what she'll do once I've gone. I feel so guilty about it and I will really miss her too

BE really has helped me so much over the past 2 years, as someone who lives and works alone in a remote location it has honestly been my lifeline. We will always be here for you and if its something you don't want to share on a public forum you can always PM me - I'm a good listener
You know, I think as we start planning our move back we begin to realise we have more friends than we thought, right? Like you were saying on your other thread. I have good friends here - not many, but a few solid friends. But there are things we obviously don't share...like desperate homesickness.

Due to a confluence of circumstances it may be that it will take as long as 5 years for us to move after all, and that has been weighing heavily on my mind. We are going ahead as if it is still 3 years - fixing up the house, getting rid of stuff - but being realistic in case of the worst case scenario. Knowing Sylvia won't be here is really hard to imagine

I am so glad I found you all on BE, especially you, Miss Betty, as I can always count on you for a good laugh. Thank you for the offer of PM's! I hope you will continue to update us when you are back. And we'll be looking out for that book!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 11:47 am
Practical Paramedic

You know, I think as we start planning our move back we begin to realise we have more friends than we thought, right? Like you were saying on your other thread. I have good friends here - not many, but a few solid friends. But there are things we obviously don't share...like desperate homesickness.

Due to a confluence of circumstances it may be that it will take as long as 5 years for us to move after all, and that has been weighing heavily on my mind. We are going ahead as if it is still 3 years - fixing up the house, getting rid of stuff - but being realistic in case of the worst case scenario. Knowing Sylvia won't be here is really hard to imagine

I am so glad I found you all on BE, especially you, Miss Betty, as I can always count on you for a good laugh. Thank you for the offer of PM's! I hope you will continue to update us when you are back. And we'll be looking out for that book!
I will always be here to tell you about my nightmare patients and the ensuing shenanigans lol! Lots of back home updates to come I promise and still working on the book! Hope you do make it back in 3 years rather than 5 for you!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Been asking myself what I am doing here a lot lately. I think I got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning

The only answer I have is - trying to find a job so I can save to go home!

Other than that - no reason whatsoever!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Every Day at the moment! In a long distance relationship and just want to be back home with her!!!
Old Mar 6th 2013, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, on and off for 17 years. I feel it worse at Christmas.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

where on Vancouver Island are you ?
Old Mar 7th 2013, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvmeboys
where on Vancouver Island are you ?
Comox Valley and have got very bored with it! I should be tidying up my office and going through drawers of rubbish that we have stashed here over the years, but instead I am on BE

Last edited by feelbritish; Mar 7th 2013 at 9:47 pm. Reason: added something

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.