Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What the F**k Am I doing here

Wikiposts

What the F**k Am I doing here

Old Feb 26th 2013, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

passthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud of
Default What the F**k Am I doing here

Just had one of those moments when my head said "What the f**k am I doing here" just wondered, has anyone else had those moments or is it just me?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What the F**k Am I doing here

Originally Posted by passthevalium
Just had one of those moments when my head said "What the f**k am I doing here" just wondered, has anyone else had those moments or is it just me?
Do you mean on the forum or where you live?
If you mean where you live then yes, I have asked myself that question everyday for the past 20 years!
Old Feb 27th 2013, 3:02 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, yes yes, every waking moment I think that! But am stuck for two years because my husband will not budge until he retires. It makes me very depressed and angry
Old Feb 27th 2013, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Yes, I have that thought about once a day at the moment!
Old Feb 27th 2013, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

It is so good for me to hear this from someone else because I have said this to myself every day - at least once - for the last 30 years!
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I often feel that I have strayed onto the wrong planet but cannot find the one I should be on.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

passthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud ofpassthevalium has much to be proud of

Yes, I mean where I live, there are some days that feel surreal and my head just says "what the f**k am I doing here. You have to laugh.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I mean where I live, there are some days that feel surreal and my head just says "what the f**k am I doing here. You have to laugh.
I have done that many times. Hell I'll go for broke I've actually thought that on this forum in some 'threads.'

As I may have mentioned before try reciting your resignation letter in your head or out loud if your commuting in car (alone). It is very theraputic IMHO.
Also, if you believe all that imagery stuff it seems to have worked for me. In the last couple of months I was visualizing the scene and reciting my own resignation. Now it seems in a few days it will come true. I am trying very very hard not to make it a 455pm on a Friday afternoon event - not wanting to burn bridges and all that but the image is extremely attractive - even if only for my own 30 second satisfaction
Old Feb 27th 2013, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

No - it isn't just you - I have days like that - many days. In fact the longer I've lived here (23 years) the more unsettled I have become...................
Old Feb 27th 2013, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vikingsail
I have done that many times. Hell I'll go for broke I've actually thought that on this forum in some 'threads.'

As I may have mentioned before try reciting your resignation letter in your head or out loud if your commuting in car (alone). It is very theraputic IMHO.
Also, if you believe all that imagery stuff it seems to have worked for me. In the last couple of months I was visualizing the scene and reciting my own resignation. Now it seems in a few days it will come true. I am trying very very hard not to make it a 455pm on a Friday afternoon event - not wanting to burn bridges and all that but the image is extremely attractive - even if only for my own 30 second satisfaction
Slightly off topic here but any rough idea on your departure date? Just wondering, you must be so excited!
Old Feb 28th 2013, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
No - it isn't just you - I have days like that - many days. In fact the longer I've lived here (23 years) the more unsettled I have become...................
That is so true! As time goes on, I feel more unsettled, too - and more unhappy, more impatient with living here . . .
Old Feb 28th 2013, 6:45 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

ALL THE TIME!
Old Feb 28th 2013, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

It is a grey miserable, rainy day here on Vancouver Island. I have small ants suddenly making their appearance from inside my kitchen cupboards so started a cleaning frenzy under the sink cupboards. When I had everything taken out, some stuff thrown away, some stuff forgotten I had and packed into my "take home" box, I wished, wished wished that I was cleaning out the cupboards because we have sold and I am leaving! I am already keeping and packing some precious things that I don't use now for when I get to England! How sad is that? I am wishing my life away!
Old Feb 28th 2013, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorry1
ALL THE TIME!
Yep!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.