What do you say about UK.

Old Nov 11th 2005, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do you say about UK.

You know when someone your talking to has never been to the UK. I find myself saying, well it's very green but thats because it rains alote, and when we do have some sort of Summer the heat is not unbearable, all in all it's lovely and it's home
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:06 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: What do you say about UK.

Originally Posted by britvic
You know when someone your talking to has never been to the UK. I find myself saying, well it's very green but thats because it rains alote, and when we do have some sort of Summer the heat is not unbearable, all in all it's lovely and it's home
i tell them its just like america but in a completely different kinda way

Ant
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:08 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you say about UK.

It has seasons....and best of all, no mud season
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:33 pm
Banned

IN THE YEAR 2525 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britvic
it doesnt rain anymore than Florida,and Florida is known as the sunshine state.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by antjen
i tell them its just like america but in a completely different kinda way

Ant
You must get a few of these with that answer.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

I say it is overcrowded, with grey skies most of the time.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mand8002
I say it is overcrowded, with grey skies most of the time.

Sorry, but I think thats rubbish
Old Nov 11th 2005, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by eurotramp
Sorry, but I think thats rubbish
Glad someone else thought that also
Old Nov 11th 2005, 9:45 pm
Time for Change !!!

Bright & Breezy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: What do you say about UK.

At the end of the day the UK is the UK and I cannot see it getting any better in the future this includes the weather and the reason most of the people are on this site is because they want to get away and start a fresh and see if there is a better life in Aus, that`s our excuse anyway
Old Nov 11th 2005, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bright & Breezy
[HTML]At the end of the day the UK is the UK and I cannot see it getting any better in the future this includes the weather and the reason most of the people are on this site is because they want to get away and start a fresh and see if there is a better life in Aus, that`s our excuse anyway
The UK is the UK, how profound. Maybe you will have an opinion on this subject after a few months in Oz.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 10:04 pm
Time for Change !!!

I think you are right!! but when you think there is something better for your family even if it is on the other side of the world you have got to give it a try, your only here once. I now it is the biggest step we will make and I am hoping we get the chance to have a go.
What would you say the hardest part of the process is in your experience?.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

I think you are right!! but when you think there is something better for your family even if it is on the other side of the world you have got to give it a try, your only here once. I now it is the biggest step we will make and I am hoping we get the chance to have a go.
A lot of people wish they never left the Uk for OZ....we cant wait to live in the UK again
Old Nov 11th 2005, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Quite agree and I hope you do get a chance to fulfil your wishes. I would say however that for your trip to stand a chance of success you must examine your reasons for going. In my experience those that are leaving purely to escape the UK end up having the hardest time because they allowed themselves to buy into the UK is crap campaign. The thing that may surprise you and others is that the UK is not crap, its actually a good country, as is Australia, New Zealand and many others too mention. The thing is, you cannot see that now, but you will. You should be proud of your heritage, other nations are. Now if you are leaving for the experience and an adventure then you really will stand a better chance of making a go of it. Because bottom line every country has its own issues some which overlap the UK's problems and some which are unique to them, so by not accepting that, you are setting yourself up for surprise and disappointment and its okay to say well Australia's issues arent as bad but they arent to you at the moment because your not living with them.

And to answer your question for me the hardest part of emigrating is being different 24 hours a day. Some days I just want to not be different. I really do wish you luck, overall I have learned alot of things about myself through this process and I'm sure you will too.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 10:44 pm
Time for Change !!!

Lisa
Thankyou for been honest with me i know that is what this site is about and that`s why it is why it is great that people like yourself advise people like us.
Dont get me wrong I know the UK is a great country but as you say we are looking on it as a adventure and we are 100% in to making it work for us.
We are still in the early stages of the process I am certain when the time comes we will be a bit apprehensive, but having the balls like what you have done it will pay off in the end I hope.
We are looking into the Brisbane area to live, I know you are at the other side but what experience do you have when it comes to finding an area to settle?
Old Nov 11th 2005, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

At the end of the day the UK is the UK and I cannot see it getting any better in the future this includes the weather and the reason most of the people are on this site is because they want to get away and start a fresh and see if there is a better life in Aus, that`s our excuse anyway
This part of the site is "Moveing Back to UK" Untill you'v bought the Tshirt you just might think a little diffrent Wish you Luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.