What do you miss most?

Old Aug 25th 2003, 8:53 am
Tony Leach

Default Re: What do you miss most?

I'm guessing this is for our fiances in either the USA or our home
countries.

I miss the look on her face when she comes home from work after not seeing
me for 8 hours.
The first thing in the morning look that still makes her look beautiful.
The way I am around her, my true self.
The feeling of immence happiness at the airport knowing I get to spend 90
days with her and the feeling you get when 89 days feels like forever.
...and waking up each morning knowing that every morning is one step closer
to a life with her.

And if this thread is not about what you miss about your fiances - my bad
<lol>

She doesn't post here but just so everyone knows...

I love Cherie Marie in alva, Oklahoma.
http://profiles.yahoo.com/jedi_riccan

Right - whos next?

--
Tony

'Ad Astra Per Aspera'
'A Rough Road Leads To The Stars'

Cheltenham, UK

Old Dec 5th 2003, 10:59 am
Just Joined

freddiesfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default miss it no more!!!!

Originally posted by scotsman4usa
Hi, To all non Americans what do you miss most about your own country? What would you like
to see more of here? Anything annoy you here in the States you whine about it? This is a
bit of fun.
I just found a fantastic site at www.thelondonmarket.com when we move to Arizona I won't have to miss any food items...phew!
They do bacon, sausages, cadburys etc etc...I must check out and see if they do clotted cream, mmmmmm
Deb
Old Dec 5th 2003, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice
Default Re: miss it no more!!!!

Am I missing something here....www.thelondonmarket.com is about insurance not food !??.

Anyway what america is in dire need of is a decent pint of guinness complemented with the Irish Times...
Old Dec 5th 2003, 12:16 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Jonathan_ATC
...they comment about some food they THINK is not available to them. Even Vegemite and Marmite are plentiful here at all the chains.
One thing that has helped me over the years is to immediately submerse myself
in the culture around me.
What you all are doing is basically going to a new and exciting place and holding it up to standards that do not matter anymore.
I have lived in many places in my life, I have learned over the years only to call where I am Home.
I couldn't agree more! Though this post is a couple of years old, it still rings true.
I've been in the States since the end of July and there isn't too much I miss about Blighty 'cept for family. Hell, I was back there this weekend just gone and you know what? It was a rarity to actually talk to someone with an English accent there!! So, not much difference here from there really!

Tam
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:25 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
I couldn't agree more! Though this post is a couple of years old, it still rings true.
I've been in the States since the end of July and there isn't too much I miss about Blighty 'cept for family. Hell, I was back there this weekend just gone and you know what? It was a rarity to actually talk to someone with an English accent there!! So, not much difference here from there really!

Tam
I miss Wimpys especially that orange sauce they put on their cheeseburgers. I miss christmas crackers and pretty much all flavours of walkers crisps and a lot of english chocolate...especially maltesers and aero. My son definatley misses the refresher sweets and polo's
Old Dec 5th 2003, 11:02 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by K
I miss christmas crackers and pretty much all flavours of walkers crisps and a lot of english chocolate...especially maltesers and aero. My son definatley misses the refresher sweets and polo's
All available either online or in a shop.
I can get just about anything I need/want either way so there's nothing for me to miss. There are two Brit shops in Annapolis and an excellent online store, Goodwoods.
Actually, the only time we go to the store is to get Yorkshire tea for Bruce, (I drink Earl Grey which is readily available at Giant) and Trebor Extra Strong Mints, (I actually bought back ten packets last time I went 'home')!
Mind you, it was a lot of hassle trying to find an electric kettle over here; ended up buying that one from the Brit store too!!
I couldn't believe that, in a country as civilised as this one, all you can get in the regular stores were stove-top kettles!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Alecca is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget you can also get BBC America here and SKY Sports News (at least I can with expanded cable!)

I am a Changing Rooms JUNKIE!
Old Dec 6th 2003, 1:09 am
Former Blonde

Originally posted by Alecca
Don't forget you can also get BBC America here...
I'm glad that we also get BBC America but it sucks that they show so many damn repeats, (just like back home)!!!
Still, I can catch up with all the Changing Rooms, House Invaders and Ground Force programs that I missed when I gave up watching tv for ages!
My fave program has to be 'What NOT To Wear' with Trinny and Susannah.
I just love their way of talking so straight to people!!
Old Dec 6th 2003, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

Originally posted by Alecca
Don't forget you can also get BBC America here and SKY Sports News (at least I can with expanded cable!)

SKY Sports...that is definetly a channel I want. How do you go about getting 'expanded cable' ?
Old Dec 6th 2003, 12:01 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
All available either online or in a shop.
I can get just about anything I need/want either way so there's nothing for me to miss. There are two Brit shops in Annapolis and an excellent online store, Goodwoods.
Actually, the only time we go to the store is to get Yorkshire tea for Bruce, (I drink Earl Grey which is readily available at Giant) and Trebor Extra Strong Mints, (I actually bought back ten packets last time I went 'home')!
Mind you, it was a lot of hassle trying to find an electric kettle over here; ended up buying that one from the Brit store too!!
I couldn't believe that, in a country as civilised as this one, all you can get in the regular stores were stove-top kettles!

Walmart here has electric kettles, although they are not labled as such. I got my husband one as a welcome present from a Corning RevereWare shop in an outlet mall.
Old Dec 6th 2003, 12:05 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrDub
SKY Sports...that is definetly a channel I want. How do you go about getting 'expanded cable' ?

Depends on the cable company in the area you are in in the US. On my cable system (Comcast) they have UK/European football as a pay per view item. Interestingly enough my husband got into baseball (GO RED SOX) when he came here and he has been following US football (even the college games!)
Old Dec 6th 2003, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cindyabs
Depends on the cable company in the area you are in in the US. On my cable system (Comcast) they have UK/European football as a pay per view item. Interestingly enough my husband got into baseball (GO RED SOX) when he came here and he has been following US football (even the college games!)
I wonder......
would it be possible to receive BBC (or any other West-European channels) in the States through a dish? I'll miss European soccer and snooker.....
Old Dec 6th 2003, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by cindyabs

Well I too have tried to get into baseball and I think it is a lost cause. Unfortunatly I have no the concentration power to last through a whole game of baseball interupted by adds every two minutes...so pay per view football it will have to be !
Old Dec 6th 2003, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
I wonder......
would it be possible to receive BBC (or any other West-European channels) in the States through a dish? I'll miss European soccer and snooker.....

Sadly I have to say I would very much dout it. I currently live in switzerland (shortly moving to US) and over here it is a struggle to pick up english channels by dish. Only the expats luckily enough to live on top of a hill with house roof pointing west are able to get close to picking up UK channels...hence in the US I very much doubt it.
Old Dec 6th 2003, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
I wonder......

I wonder is it possible to pay for Eurosport over in the states seeing as it is such a widely availabel channel through out most of the world ??. It does not show 'live' football (about a day behind with premiership and champions league), though usually has all the main snooker competitions from IRL and UK on live.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.