What do you all think?

Old Oct 19th 2009, 12:28 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you all think?

Good luck to you with this, but I wish Craigslist would take off in the UK. It's a simple layout without moving things, which irritate me. Most importantly, it's broken down locally. I'm really not interested in things a distance away. I want to know what's available locally so I can go and look at it, pick it up etc.

If you look at Craigslist north America, you'll see quite small places have their own Craigslist. It works really well.

Suggestion for your website, make it work on a very local level. I haven't found anything that does that well.

Bev
Old Oct 19th 2009, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

NotTooShabby will become famous soon enoughNotTooShabby will become famous soon enough

Your FAQ page needs some work. "How to bid" repeats Q&As from "How to sell"

Interesting name. I wonder if you'll get any objections from that other auction site.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 2:49 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with this. I'll try and publicise this on one or two sites.
Are you geared up for if the site takes off?
Best wishes.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 2:50 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with what you are saying about being broken down locally.

Unfortunately this would be quite a mammoth task to have under 1 site without setting up subdomains for each locality and loading all categories for each local. In saying that, it aint impossible, but the only downfall to that would be that at very minimum the site`s would have to be hosted on a dedicated server at least which would be a cost of around £1800 per anum. I believe that there would be a high demand for a site like that but i aint come aacrossanything like it here in the UK probably for the reason mentioned about cost.

As i have mentioned on a previous post the site is completely free and personally i wouldnt want to sacrifice my original intentions which were to set up a site for everyone to use and start applying charges, this would put us in the same boat as 99% of Auction Sites.

You got me thinking now, i will pass this by my partner

Thanks for your comments

PS You mentioned local, how local are you talking about? by City? Region?

Originally Posted by Bevm
Good luck to you with this, but I wish Craigslist would take off in the UK. It's a simple layout without moving things, which irritate me. Most importantly, it's broken down locally. I'm really not interested in things a distance away. I want to know what's available locally so I can go and look at it, pick it up etc.

If you look at Craigslist north America, you'll see quite small places have their own Craigslist. It works really well.

Suggestion for your website, make it work on a very local level. I haven't found anything that does that well.

Bev

Last edited by Sunny_Glesga; Oct 19th 2009 at 2:53 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 2:52 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

And that other site would be? i expect so at some point, all in order

Thanks for pointing that out, a simple oversight

Originally Posted by NotTooShabby
Your FAQ page needs some work. "How to bid" repeats Q&As from "How to sell"

Interesting name. I wonder if you'll get any objections from that other auction site.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 2:57 pm
UK is Home

We feel that we are ready

your only as good as your backup and we have a very experienced guy behind us in programming

We have been assured by our host that we can take the hits

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Good luck with this. I'll try and publicise this on one or two sites.
Are you geared up for if the site takes off?
Best wishes.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 3:10 pm
UK is Home

yes there is a feedback section which works much the same as feebay.

It is for only UK residents at the moment. Allowing international users has far too many issues,

Originally Posted by SouthernGal_67
It looks great and is easy to navigate. Is there a feedback system set up (like with Ebay?) I use Ebay quite a bit and always use the feedback as a guide.

It's only for people who are in the UK right? (as it says on About Us page).

Got it in my favourites and will check back.

Cheers

Old Oct 19th 2009, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
yes there is a feedback section which works much the same as feebay.

It is for only UK residents at the moment. Allowing international users has far too many issues,
Can I have the URL too, got lots to sell, thanks
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:17 pm
UK is Home

I have contacted the Advertising Department of BE to see if they are in a position to help with the promotion of the site in any way and will quote their reply when i get it.

I see we have a few BE member already registered

Last edited by Sunny_Glesga; Oct 19th 2009 at 8:23 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 10:31 am
UK is Home

more registered users today

the more users we get from the better. if we can get enough users from here i will consider doing another site only for BE members where usernames from here will just transfer to the site

PS still now word back from BE
Old Oct 25th 2009, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was: Cullicudden, Scotland. Now: Hammonds Plains, NS
Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold

Yes me too please!
Old Oct 25th 2009, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was: Cullicudden, Scotland. Now: Hammonds Plains, NS
Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold

PS on what day was 'glesca sunny'?! from my twenty three years there, not many!
Old Oct 26th 2009, 12:17 pm
UK is Home

Your right it aint many but right now the sun is shinning

Originally Posted by Merry
PS on what day was 'glesca sunny'?! from my twenty three years there, not many!
Old Oct 26th 2009, 2:31 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Can you send me the link too please?
Old Oct 26th 2009, 3:21 pm
UK is Home

I have sent you a PM with the URL

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Can you send me the link too please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.