What do we do?

Old May 16th 2007, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do we do?

Ceremony all booked up. But yes you can have a private one, just ask, they are held on a Friday.. ring Wanneroo Council up.

G - thanks have interested party in house already, first day it went on market, very frustrating coz they are trying to sell their place, they fell in love with ours and are trying to work out a way to get it!! fingers x not too long now, open day Sunday!!
Old May 16th 2007, 3:34 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Ceremony all booked up. But yes you can have a private one, just ask, they are held on a Friday.. ring Wanneroo Council up.

G - thanks have interested party in house already, first day it went on market, very frustrating coz they are trying to sell their place, they fell in love with ours and are trying to work out a way to get it!! fingers x not too long now, open day Sunday!!
Good news Kath, I am really pleased for you. Hope the house sale goes through without any hitches. I worked for Joondalup, so knew nothing about Wanneroo council and their ways of doing things. All I knew was that they held ceremonies very infrequently because of the lack of demand, but that is now increasing because of all the new suburbs which have and still are springing up in that shire. Fingers and toes X'd for Sunday then eh?
Old May 16th 2007, 5:55 am
Just Joined

lozza1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Perth NOR
We have been here in Perth 18months, me, wife and 2 teenagers 13 & 16. Me and the 16 yr old love it here…the wife and 13 yr old want to go home…We are settled with our own house, nice cars and are enjoying life here. We have a couple of good friends, but the 13yr old is lonely and seems to cry must of the time. The wife is homesick and cries now and again, but is scared of what the UK will hold for us if we go back. Has any one been in this predicament and if so what advice can you offer. Has anyone gone back and regretted it….
Hi we are also going back to UK, mainly for financial reasons we have been here 12mths, kids are all happy to be going back. Eldest is 14 and has probably found it harder to settle than the rest of us. We are not going to hang on another 18mths for citizenship as education & exams are important for our eldest child. Our youngest child who is 8 is the one who is most upset about about leaving. We miss family but are going because for us the cost of living is too expensive and our quality of life is not as good. We never left UK cos of the bad bits, they are in all countries if you read the papers. We are going cos we will all be happier.
Old May 16th 2007, 6:46 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sals
Just think things through carefully. If you decide to go home, that's all your decisions but I would have to agree with trying to get citizenship before you go if you can because the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the pond!
My cousin lives in WA, she's English, OH Aussie. 2 kids both born in Oz, 1 on way! Had lived there over 5 years. Wanted to come home, she was homesick, miserable, missed her family. Her OH refused to live in UK, he's Australian wanted to stay there, had visited (that's how they met) didn't want to go back to live. The kids didn't know anything else other than Aus. Things really came to a head. She said she was going back regardless and taking children, he wouldn't budge. Eventually she and the kids came back for my sisters wedding and 6 week hol. She was adamament she would be staying in UK and not returning to Aus. DIVORCE the whole lot discussed. 3 weeks into their visit to UK she couldn't wait to return to "home" to Aus. Both her and the kids were miserable. The memories of her life in UK just weren't realistic, kind of rose tinted, like alot people's going to Aus could be. Anyway outcome she's back in Aus and wouldn't live anywhere else.
Sorry much longer post than I intended but just wanted to offer a little word of caution. May be worth a trip home for those who want to return. Grass is not always greener. You can't tell. Some get back to UK and it's right and best decision they ever made. Some get back and it's wrong, worst decision they ever make and they want to return to Aus. If you're a citizen you can live where you want then!

Nice post sals and so true. Returning is the same as emigrating. For some it works out for others it doesn't
Old May 16th 2007, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Perth NOR will become famous soon enoughPerth NOR will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lozza1
Hi we are also going back to UK, mainly for financial reasons we have been here 12mths, kids are all happy to be going back. Eldest is 14 and has probably found it harder to settle than the rest of us. We are not going to hang on another 18mths for citizenship as education & exams are important for our eldest child. Our youngest child who is 8 is the one who is most upset about about leaving. We miss family but are going because for us the cost of living is too expensive and our quality of life is not as good. We never left UK cos of the bad bits, they are in all countries if you read the papers. We are going cos we will all be happier.
Education is the mian reason why the wife needs to get our dilemma sorted out now. Financialy we are fine to go home,(fingers crossed) even though our old house in the UK has risen £40,000 ($100,000) our house here is gone up $245,000 (£100,000) So we will be one of the lucky one's who will return with more then we came with. But it is education side of things that will need sorting
Old May 16th 2007, 8:44 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

How long after the interview did you find out you were accepted?? do you just call and book a cermony once the letter of acceptance come through??

We have our interview in july .

Good luck with the home open on sunday lovely house seen it on your link sure someone will snap it up.

kezx
Old May 17th 2007, 4:26 am
Just Joined

Perth NOR will become famous soon enoughPerth NOR will become famous soon enough

If one or more of the family have been out of the country for a short period of time (even though the main visa holder hasn't), do they take this into account when calculating the 2 years residency?
Old May 17th 2007, 4:38 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

If one or more of the family have been out of the country for a short period of time (even though the main visa holder hasn't), do they take this into account when calculating the 2 years residency?
What do you mean main visa holder? Everyone has their own visa - and any periods of absence are taken into consideration when calculating eligibility for citizenship.
Old May 17th 2007, 5:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Geordie George
What do you mean main visa holder? Everyone has their own visa - and any periods of absence are taken into consideration when calculating eligibility for citizenship.
I know, I just meant, we came out here on my husbands skills visa and he hasn't been out of the country, but the kids and I have so he could get his citzenship in November and we wouldn't be able to until January. Not much longer to wait, but when you are looking at getting back ASAP for kids education etc it seems a lifetime.
Old May 17th 2007, 5:14 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I know, I just meant, we came out here on my husbands skills visa and he hasn't been out of the country, but the kids and I have so he could get his citzenship in November and we wouldn't be able to until January. Not much longer to wait, but when you are looking at getting back ASAP for kids education etc it seems a lifetime.
Your husband's lack of travel makes no odds to your and your childrens' applications. All who left will be delayed by the period of time that you were out of the country - so if, for example, you were gone for two weeks, you'll have to add on two weeks. It sounds like you'll have to wait until January. There's a residence calculator on the citizenship website.
Old May 17th 2007, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Beryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll find they do take that time into account. I have been out of Oz for a total of 8 weeks in the last 2 years (various holidays) and whereas I arrived in Oz in April 2005, I could not apply for citizenship until June because I haven't spent a total of 2 years here in that time. So yes, they do take time spent out into account - definitely.
Old May 17th 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

We have been here in Perth 18months, me, wife and 2 teenagers 13 & 16. Me and the 16 yr old love it here…the wife and 13 yr old want to go home…We are settled with our own house, nice cars and are enjoying life here. We have a couple of good friends, but the 13yr old is lonely and seems to cry must of the time. The wife is homesick and cries now and again, but is scared of what the UK will hold for us if we go back. Has any one been in this predicament and if so what advice can you offer. Has anyone gone back and regretted it….
Sorry, as ever - no pearls of wisedom. Only to empathasise....
Been back 1yr now. Exactly the same boat as you. Husband and eldest wanted to stay. Me (wife) and youngest wanting to go home. It may put a huge strain on your relationship when you get back (or if you stay). All the saddness, anger, resentfulness one partner feels in one country can get transferred to guilt, regret in the other country so be care of a role reversal of feelings for a while. It does get better though. Now i would say OH is the more settled of the 2 of us!!!!! Not my thread, so I dont want to go on....but if you feel like more of a chat, please feel free to pm.
What an emotional rollercoaster! I do feel for you and hope you can find a win/win situation.
C
Old May 18th 2007, 1:17 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chance to be
Sorry, as ever - no pearls of wisedom. Only to empathasise....
Been back 1yr now. Exactly the same boat as you. Husband and eldest wanted to stay. Me (wife) and youngest wanting to go home. It may put a huge strain on your relationship when you get back (or if you stay). All the saddness, anger, resentfulness one partner feels in one country can get transferred to guilt, regret in the other country so be care of a role reversal of feelings for a while. It does get better though. Now i would say OH is the more settled of the 2 of us!!!!! Not my thread, so I dont want to go on....but if you feel like more of a chat, please feel free to pm.
What an emotional rollercoaster! I do feel for you and hope you can find a win/win situation.
C
Hi Chrissy, nice to hear from you.
Lots of people are wanting to move back from Perth at the moment, including me ...still...

It must be something in the air
Old May 18th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Hi Chrissy, nice to hear from you.
Lots of people are wanting to move back from Perth at the moment, including me ...still...

It must be something in the air
Good to hear from you too!
Crikey, if you, Kath, Sandra etc all go back who's going to take care of the next set of whingers when they arrive!!!
I hope you sort things out soon
love c
Old May 18th 2007, 7:42 pm
I'll have a double double

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all

Absolutely smart and 100% doing the right thing getting your citizenship, you have my vote.

Nice to have control isn't it.

Regards

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.