Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

What is the Difference between the UK North and South?

What is the Difference between the UK North and South?

Old Feb 18th 2008, 2:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the Difference between the UK North and South?

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Bull, it's not regional, it's class. The Gentry pour the tea first, the rest of us pour the milk first.

I always pour the tea first otherwise I tend to put too much milk in if I pour milk first......and I'm certainly not gentry, just a common old Essex girl
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:02 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the Difference between the UK North and South?

Originally Posted by UltraLazarus
One other thing is that self-deprecation is more common amongst southerners/Midlanders. When Lord Lionheart (ironically) posts a picture of Spaghetti Junction with "God's Own Country"

One post and you think I might be a tad self-deprecating.
You do realize you might be ruining my reputation as a self-obsessed, narcissistic, arrogant 'Lord' many people with posts in the thousands on here may have of me.
I've worked hard on that over the years..............