Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

what did you panic buy before returning to the UK?

Wikiposts

what did you panic buy before returning to the UK?

Old Jun 6th 2006, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Default what did you panic buy before returning to the UK?

I was sat wondering to myself the other day. How many people actually sell tons of stuff before they go back and then actually rush around the stores to stock up on other things you can't get in the UK?

Well i did it on saturday! I am desperatly trying to get rid of stuff and then i buy silly things that i know will be expensive back hime.

will you admit to it?

what did you buy?

just a little lighter thread!
Old Jun 6th 2006, 3:14 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what did you panic buy before returning to the UK?

Originally Posted by babyblue
I was sat wondering to myself the other day. How many people actually sell tons of stuff before they go back and then actually rush around the stores to stock up on other things you can't get in the UK?

Well i did it on saturday! I am desperatly trying to get rid of stuff and then i buy silly things that i know will be expensive back hime.

will you admit to it?

what did you buy?

just a little lighter thread!
Well, aren't you going to tell us what you bought?

I have the following on my list (see my thread on this from couple of weeks ago):

Levi's; Zip-Lock bags; a Litespeed bicycle; Thor-Lo hiking socks; LL Bean Gore-Tex jacket; Brita water filters (for my Brita water jug); Swiffer Wet Jet pads; Turbo Mach 3 razor blades; Starbuck's coffee thermos tumbler.

I'm sure I'm not done yet ... but I am giving away a stack of stuff.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

SCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really nice

shoes, shoes and more shoes......but a girl can never have
too many :-0)
Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SCOTTISH MARK 2
shoes, shoes and more shoes......but a girl can never have
too many :-0)
I thought you were a boy
Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

SCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really niceSCOTTISH MARK 2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by TillyG
I thought you were a boy

Ahhh I've given the game away now...most def not
Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Ahhh I've given the game away now...most def not
It's the "mark" bit of your name that did it LOL
Old Jun 7th 2006, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

I splurged on two pairs of Easy Spirit walking boots. I wish I had bought 4 pairs.

My hubby went out and splurged on the laptop I am currently on. They are a a lot cheaper in the States and I sure enjoy sitting on the couch and surfing rather than at a desk.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:41 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving

I have the following on my list (see my thread on this from couple of weeks ago):

Levi's; Zip-Lock bags; a Litespeed bicycle; Thor-Lo hiking socks; LL Bean Gore-Tex jacket; Brita water filters (for my Brita water jug); Swiffer Wet Jet pads; Turbo Mach 3 razor blades; Starbuck's coffee thermos tumbler.

I forgot to add a Cyber Home DVD player (you know, the cheap Wally World one that can be hacked to be multi-region and plays PAL/NTSC and is dual voltage). Cheap as chips at about $30!
Old Jun 7th 2006, 3:34 am
Having a blonde moment

Britjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of lightBritjo67 is a glorious beacon of light

When we came back from the US 8 years ago we bought a decent camera and a few boxes of Froot Loops for the kids

Mind you, it's possible to buy Froot Loops online now from websites that sell US products. Very expensive though.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TillyG
It's the "mark" bit of your name that did it LOL
My new sexy snakeskin stilettos def say otherwise
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

My new sexy snakeskin stilettos def say otherwise
eddie izzard would be proud
Old Jun 7th 2006, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
eddie izzard would be proud

I was thinking more Carrie Bradshaw(in my dreams)...you spoiled the illusion
Old Jun 7th 2006, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Crispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond reputeCrispyuk88 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britjo67
When we came back from the US 8 years ago we bought a decent camera and a few boxes of Froot Loops for the kids

Mind you, it's possible to buy Froot Loops online now from websites that sell US products. Very expensive though.
I have a friend that wants me to bring back fruit loops. She went to florida and now has an unhealthy obsession with them it seems.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Easy, for a shopperholic with 4 kids.....

Kitted the kids out with a load of clothes, especially jeans, and decent T shirts. Bought winter coats and trainers. Some larger sizes also.

Starbucks coffee and syrups gallore!!!

Loads of shoes from Nordstrom rack and clothes for Mr HM and myself.

We bought 2 laptops as we knew they were way to expensive in the UK.

Definately glad we bought it all. The we are still wearing the clothes and using the laptops 2 years later. ALAS.. The coffee and syrups ran out long ago... LOL

Oh and bedding... Much better quality for the price.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dunroving

Unless I'm mistaken, you can get brita filters, swiffer pads and turbo mach 3 razor blades in the UK...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.