What Car in the UK?

Old Jun 16th 2013, 7:35 am
DKP
Just Joined

DKP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What Car in the UK?

I would suggest you look at a VW golf or Polo, and any of the new Audi range, depending on the size of vechicle you require, remember size does not always equal safety.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 2:30 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldollard
In the UK, neither is considered large any more, I was very shocked when I went back in september that the large majority of vehicles on the road where SUVs/4x4. .....
Where were you driving? ... The west Highlands?
Old Jun 16th 2013, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Idollard- a Qashqai? These were new to me when I moved back. I just can't imagine buying something I can't actually pronounce, although they look big and comfortable. The Hyundai was bad enough, although I always liked the way they called it a Hunday in America.
Mr J drives an Audi TT, his present to himself on moving back. I have a Honda Jazz because of all the boot space and my many trips to the dump!
Old Jun 17th 2013, 4:51 pm
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Where were you driving? ... The west Highlands?
Surrey and London. Perhaps it was not representative of the whole.

Originally Posted by jemima55
Idollard- a Qashqai? These were new to me when I moved back. I just can't imagine buying something I can't actually pronounce, although they look big and comfortable. The Hyundai was bad enough, although I always liked the way they called it a Hunday in America.
Mr J drives an Audi TT, his present to himself on moving back. I have a Honda Jazz because of all the boot space and my many trips to the dump!
I think they are the Rogue in the USA
Old Jun 17th 2013, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Surrey and London. Perhaps it was not representative of the whole.

I think they are the Rogue in the USA
Much more pronounceable!
Old Jun 17th 2013, 5:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Surrey and London. Perhaps it was not representative of the whole. ...
Perhaps it wasn't the "large majority" either!

I know that 4x4s are popular in well-heeled parts of the shires, but to claim a large majority of vehicles on the road are large 4x4s is nonsense.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

On the subject of cars, I wanted a camera to record the looks on faces the first time I saw a Smart car at the traffic lights on Leesburg Pike (Washington DC). It was a priceless moment! Complete bemusement!
Old Jun 17th 2013, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

jkgoulds will become famous soon enoughjkgoulds will become famous soon enough

Hyundai I30. ECO friendly, brilliant on fuel (diesel) did about 70-80 mpg, great looking, spacious, top safety reviews. I'd recommend it! Its absolutely fantastic! Couldn't fault it.

Good luck with the search
Old Jun 19th 2013, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jemima55
On the subject of cars, I wanted a camera to record the looks on faces the first time I saw a Smart car at the traffic lights on Leesburg Pike (Washington DC). It was a priceless moment! Complete bemusement!
Yes, I can appreciate this!!!