Wikiposts

What is British Culture?

Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default What is British Culture?

What they have to say

They don't seem to know do you
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:37 am
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is British Culture?

For me, you cant explain it. It's that feeling when you land in at Heathrow, smell the air, hear the voices, feel the rain, get on the tube and and go all warm inside! It's also the feeling of England in a world cup or during an ashes tour.

I don't really go any deeper than that I'm afraid!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:43 am
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dukeynorton
For me, you cant explain it. It's that feeling when you land in at Heathrow, smell the air, hear the voices, feel the rain, get on the tube and and go all warm inside! It's also the feeling of England in a world cup or during an ashes tour.

I don't really go any deeper than that I'm afraid!
have'nt a clue other than fish n chips pubs and cricket lol
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:43 am
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by southern comfort
have'nt a clue other than fish n chips pubs and cricket lol
Oh yeah Marmite
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to explain but you know if you've got it.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:51 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

i could write an essay but in short.....it's the green green grass of home.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i could write an essay but in short.....it's the green green grass of home.
Oh...I feel a Tom Jones coming on.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:58 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Oh...I feel a Tom Jones coming on.
he was on the tv the other night and omg what a mess his face looks
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:01 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surly
What they have to say

They don't seem to know do you
Scots are a bit mouthy there aren't they!

British culture is different to England and Scottish, etc culture which is a bit easier to pin down.

Haven't seen anyone trying so far on this thread, more about how British feels like home.
Its a hard one to do don't think I could attempt it!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by TruBrit
he was on the tv the other night and omg what a mess his face looks
Doesn't he just?

A few weeks ago we were at a party...one of the guys there is a leading cosmetic surgeon in this area. As I was talking to him I couldn't take my eyes of his face...it looked as though he'd been in a fire or something equally as traumatic. As for his wife...
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
Scots are a bit mouthy there aren't they!

British culture is different to England and Scottish, etc culture which is a bit easier to pin down.

Haven't seen anyone trying so far on this thread, more about how British feels like home.
Its a hard one to do don't think I could attempt it!
I don't think the others have read the link.
Most of my friends here are Scots, they are a lot more fun than the English.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:28 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Knew there was a reason why I liked you
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Doesn't he just?

A few weeks ago we were at a party...one of the guys there is a leading cosmetic surgeon in this area. As I was talking to him I couldn't take my eyes of his face...it looked as though he'd been in a fire or something equally as traumatic. As for his wife...
I jus think "Who are they kidding???" My next-door neighbour in England was 85 and looked great - not as you say like a mummified burn vctim.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

My father was Scottish I'll have you know.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sally
I jus think "Who are they kidding???" My next-door neighbour in England was 85 and looked great - not as you say like a mummified burn vctim.
My mum is 87 bless her...she may be old and frail but she's hardly got a wrinkle on her face.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.