Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

what is the best airlines to travel overseas?

what is the best airlines to travel overseas?

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 7:52 pm
Jason Greer

Default what is the best airlines to travel overseas?

what is the best airline to use to travel overseas?

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:16 pm
Mrraveltay

Default Re: what is the best airlines to travel overseas?

jason greer wrote:
    > what is the best airline to use to travel overseas?

Are you flying out of Seattle?

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:08 pm
Isabelle's Mommy

AndysGirl will become famous soon enough

When my husband (fiance at the time) flew to see me from England, he chose Continental. He said that they were very good. He flew about 3 return trips with them. Here are the highlights that he liked: your own tv in the headrest in front of you, included a controller for games, like tetris, hangman, chess, etc, never over-crowded flights, row of seats to himself & good food. Plus this airline seemed to be the cheapest when he flew, so he was a mile member and his final flight to the states was free!

Hope this helps!
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:12 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

British Airways get my vote!
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:17 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

My dad was with United for years so they get my vote. Don't hate me but I don't pay to fly with them apart from a small service charge for 1st.

Flying out of Spain to the US I use Air France. They have a good airmiles scheme with good alliance partners. They're cheap and a decent service. They do have a tendany to lose luggage though.

The other half flies for US Airways but they don't have a good enough sched for me to be able to use them from here.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
My dad was with United for years so they get my vote. Don't hate me but I don't pay to fly with them apart from a small service charge for 1st.
Why should we hate you for that, silly?
There are more who don't pay to fly.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:22 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jason Greer
Iberia and British Airlines
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:22 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
Why should we hate you for that, silly?
There are more who don't pay to fly.
I just feel bad saying it because I know so many people have to make huge sacrifices to travel. I've grown up with it so I do get spoilt with class of service, though I never take it for granted.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:24 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Flying out of Spain to the US I use Air France. They have a good airmiles scheme with good alliance partners. They're cheap and a decent service. They do have a tendany to lose luggage though.

The other half flies for US Airways but they don't have a good enough sched for me to be able to use them from here.
Lucky you!!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:26 pm

I just feel bad saying it because I know so many people have to make huge sacrifices to travel. I've grown up with it so I do get spoilt with class of service, though I never take it for granted.
Are you flying with United this time?, Your departure date is getting closer girlie!!
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:27 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Despite the fact that the OP is really Seadave the Troll, I will say that when I fly to the Philippines, I have always enjoyed the service of both Cathay Pacific and Northwest.

Scott
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

We fly free too, it comes with the job. But I think the prices could go down more for the average traveler.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Originally posted by Jason Greer

We like Virgin Atlantic which is partnered up with Continental Airlines. And basically has the amenities as previously mentioned.

Kat and Chris
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:31 pm
C.G.D.S

United dropped their Boston route a couple of years ago Tweeks. It's a lot easier for me to use AF from here to the US.

For me to fly UAL I have to go from here to LGW then get myself to LHR then fly United. It works out cheaper to pay Air France as I don't get the ID discounts, I only get United freebies.

Will you keep your travel when you move Dutch?
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Will you keep your travel when you move Dutch?
Yes, it's kysilvers job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.