Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

what is the best airlines to travel overseas?

what is the best airlines to travel overseas?

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:42 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what is the best airlines to travel overseas?

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
Yes, it's kysilvers job
Cheeky! I knew that, I was just wondering if you would admit itl.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:43 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

My vote goes for British Airlines and Air France. I don't care what anybody says about how the French treat Americans, the flight attendants on Air France are top-notch. They were nicer to me than American flight attendants have ever been.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:55 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I think the FA's on Air France are great. The only complaint I ever have with them is losing my luggage which has happened my last two flights.

Next week I'm taking carry on but as I have a commuter connector to Paris they don't always allow you any carry on at all. I'm keeping my bits crossed.

Good one on the travel Dutch. It's a great perk to have
Old Jan 24th 2004, 12:54 am
L D Jones

jason greer wrote:
    >
    > what is the best airline to use to travel overseas?

Aeroflot

Old Jan 24th 2004, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
My vote goes for British Airlines and Air France. I don't care what anybody says about how the French treat Americans, the flight attendants on Air France are top-notch. They were nicer to me than American flight attendants have ever been.
My vote goes to Northwest/KLM
KLM because it's Dutch , and northwest because the service is perfect, specially in 1st class. Now they are as one company so to speak.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by L D Jones
jason greer wrote:
    >
    > what is the best airline to use to travel overseas?

Aeroflot
I've flew with Pulkovo once with a friend to St.Petersburg.... , never again.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 11:13 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

I've flown a few airlines, and I can list the worst!

Royal Brunei!

I used them to fly from Australia to the UK. They are shocking! You know the Austin Powers 747, yep well thats the decor they use!

Its straight out of the 70's. The other great feature is the muslim prayer song on each take off and landing. Sort of makes you paranoid... like why do they need this?

Oh yeah and Royal Brunei international airport, I had to stay there 6 hours while waiting for a flight. The only entertainment was an green festering fish tank with dead fish (i'm serious) and a restaurant that served bone currys. I thought they'd given me the stock, but it actually was the dish.

I was such a plonker for flying them though, I let my friends take the piss out of me by telling be "The Sultan is a multi-billionaire, basically the airline is at his beck and call and all there jets are decked out with pure gold fittings and sexy hostesses!". Needless to say I fell for it . BA is 10000000000000000 times better!
Old Jan 24th 2004, 11:19 am
Tod's Princess

Location: Me: Ghent, Belgium - Tod: Providence (Rhode Island), USA
Noortje is an unknown quantity at this point

KLM/Northwest here.

My fiancé also flies with Delta sometimes.
Haven't read anyone flying with Delta yet on this thread!
Old Jan 24th 2004, 11:19 am
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jason Greer
what is the best airline to use to travel overseas?

Over the years we have travelled with most of them but one of the best was BMI they are in the Diamond alliance, I have horror stories for a lot of them but BMI didn't have any difficulties, didn't lose anything or delayed due to incompetence.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Noortje
KLM/Northwest here.

I did once. That was also the last time....
Old Jan 24th 2004, 11:25 am
Tod's Princess

Originally posted by mcjimbo
I've flown a few airlines, and I can list the worst!

Royal Brunei!

I used them to fly from Australia to the UK. They are shocking! You know the Austin Powers 747, yep well thats the decor they use!

Its straight out of the 70's. The other great feature is the muslim prayer song on each take off and landing. Sort of makes you paranoid... like why do they need this?

Oh yeah and Royal Brunei international airport, I had to stay there 6 hours while waiting for a flight. The only entertainment was an green festering fish tank with dead fish (i'm serious) and a restaurant that served bone currys. I thought they'd given me the stock, but it actually was the dish.

I was such a plonker for flying them though, I let my friends take the piss out of me by telling be "The Sultan is a multi-billionaire, basically the airline is at his beck and call and all there jets are decked out with pure gold fittings and sexy hostesses!". Needless to say I fell for it . BA is 10000000000000000 times better!
LOL!! I've never flown with Royal Brunei... what I did fly with one time was with Saudi Arabian Airlines. And that was the *BEST* until now. Very comfortable, own tv-screen, games, a camera outside of the plane on which you can follow the take off and landing on your own tv-screen (you see what the pilot gets to see!), great food, etc etc..
Instead of a prayer "song", they have a plain short prayer (performed by the pilot) when the plane takes off. I'm Muslim too, so I kinda liked it.

The hostesses are all wearing headcovers and stuff, but when I went to the back of the plane to get something, it was funny to see them sitting there without their headcovers, smoking cigarettes!

On my way to Saudi Arabia, they had Mister Bean on tv... Hilarious! They had censored women's legs and other "unchaste" things... They are just unbelievable, those Saudis. LOL
Old Jan 24th 2004, 11:27 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noortje
KLM/Northwest here.

I have flown Delta quite a bit since I live here in Georgia. It's hard to make a call on who is the best in 20 plus years of transatlantic travel, I have flown all the US carriers as well as some of the european ones. My best experience was flying Upper Class on Virgin my worst was AF (and that was biz class !!-had a middle seat, yuck. AF had cancelled my return flight and had not done anything to protect me. I didn't find out til I got to Paris from the UK and had to tell the agent which flight to put me on to get me home! Not impressed!!
Old Jan 24th 2004, 11:30 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I've flown Delta twice. No complaints here on their service. My only complaint with them is the number of pilots they furloughed after 9-11 but that's another story.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 11:33 am
Tod's Princess

Originally posted by sibsie
I've flown Delta twice. No complaints here on their service. My only complaint with them is the number of pilots they furloughed after 9-11 but that's another story.
You mean they fired pilots after 9/11?
Old Jan 24th 2004, 11:34 am
C.G.D.S

My least fav airline is out and out BA. I had to use them a lot when I was travelling inter Europe for work. Lengthy delays, surly staff. Hate them.

When I moved from London to Spain with my two cats, I was offloaded at check in. No apology, nothing. I'd sold my house and was left wondering round LGW with two very angry cats and nowhere to stay.

I once took a flight from Aberdeen to London. Only a 40 min flight. We got stuck at the gate when the flight went technical. Not allowed off the plane and we were stuck there for THREE hours with no food or water. It's the closest I've ever come to air rage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.