What An Afternoon!!!

Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:06 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default What An Afternoon!!!

I am starting to think I am a s**t magnet.

I arranged with a friend to meet for lunch roday at Broadway Shopping mall. Meet me outside Harris Farm fruit shop i told her. 3 minutes after i parked the car and approached the fruit shop( I KID YOU NOT!!) there was an almighty bang and smoke started billowing through the underground carpark section where i was standing to wait for friend. (shop is in underground carpark)

I took this pic on my mobile phone after we all ran up the street. The fire brigade hadnt arrived yet

Also Channel 9 has video shots of the unfolding drama on their website www.ninemsn.com.au

It turned into an almighty mess with huge blaze and whole area evacuated. We had to wait in the rain for several hours before it was bought under control My car is covered in black soot as it was parked right above the blast on the next level. But no physical damage thank god. It was a very scary experience.

But do you know what my friend and I witnessed which is outrageous? When the fire engines turned up. Several firemen were running up and down the road looking for the water hydrant and could not find it. Some dumbarse had TARMACKED... yes you read correct.. right over the top of it in the middle of the road!!!!!!!! They had to get a pick axe from the fire engine and dig the bloody road up!! Thank goodness no one was trapped inside.
Attached Thumbnails What An Afternoon!!!-fire.jpg  

Last edited by Fleaflyfloflum; Feb 12th 2008 at 7:45 am.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 11:39 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What An Afternoon!!!

Blimey Flea - what a shock and thank God you're alright

Just watched the video on your link - looks very dramatic!! (NB video of the fire was preceded by nauseating advert with Australian voice over - took me back to those miserable days of Australian TV punctuated every 5 minutes by similarly annoying adverts!).

Was anyone hurt?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:02 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell, that must have been scary. Glad you're okay and hope no-one else was hurt.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

kelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond reputekelbelinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
Bloody hell, that must have been scary. Glad you're okay and hope no-one else was hurt.
Sounds like you need a stiff drink! I hope you are ok? Been in a couple of bomb scares in London...very scary and unsettling. Take it easy xxx
Old Feb 15th 2008, 4:08 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird
Blimey Flea - what a shock and thank God you're alright

Just watched the video on your link - looks very dramatic!! (NB video of the fire was preceded by nauseating advert with Australian voice over - took me back to those miserable days of Australian TV punctuated every 5 minutes by similarly annoying adverts!).

Was anyone hurt?
Yeah me....just cricked me neck
Old Feb 15th 2008, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Timing is all, eh Flea? Good job you weren't inside; hope no one was hurt. As least the dust will wash off your car . Hope you've both recovered from the shock.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 4:54 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh yes, no worries. All ok thanks.

In fact my friend and I went for a large drink whilst waiting to find out what happened and to retrieve our cars. We had a bit of a laugh over the fact I chose the exact pinpoint spot of the explosion for us both to meet up. She reckons I am trying to kill her off

Thankfully nobody was injured, but I am glad i wasnt the poor folks trapped in the lifts for an hour!!!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

JULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond reputeJULIEROSE has a reputation beyond repute

My what a scare. I would have thrown several drinks down my throat after that shock too!