We've bought a house!

Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:18 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We've bought a house!

I am so so pleased to hear this news Tracey.

Good luck to you all and all the very best for the future. Looks like you have found a great new nest where you want to be!!
Old Jul 30th 2008, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

david28078 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdunx
congratulations, a good move to one of the best parts of the best counties in England (well I am biased!)
Wahey - Imagine seeing the "halloweed Green Army" logo here....

I grew up in Plymouth and followed the Greens way back before even Mike Bickle was famous...

Last time I went to Plymouth this past Feb I stayed at Jury's Inn and even had Tommy Tynan as my cab driver one day...

We're talking about coming back sometime soon - after 13 years in the US
Old Jul 30th 2008, 4:03 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I've not been on BE in months (and not in this part of the site for even longer!), but I'm so pleased to have popped in and seen such great news! You must be thrilled. I hope that the next few months pass quickly for you and that your return goes as smoothly as possible.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:05 am

MrsB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Thanks for everyone's good wishes.

We're heading back to Ivybridge in Devon, all originally based on sdunx recommendations! So if it's crap mate....you are so in it!!! We started investigating the area and it looked lovely. Then we looked at schools and couldn't believe the high standards, especially the high school, it's fantastic. Then we looked at houses and were pleasantly surprised at the value for money at the moment. So, major thanks go out to you Stu for giving us the 'heads up' about this lovely place!

As for buying the house, we have eyes and ears on the ground in the area, and then there's the in laws who went and viewed the house armed with a camera and fresh batteries. They called us and gave us a full commentary, ten million photos were whizzed through cyber space, Google Earth was examined thoroughly, and offers began to fly around. Now that's a done deal.

And, today I booked the flights home. The amount of times I've walked past The Flight Centre in Lakeside wishing I could go in there and book to get us all out of here and today I did it. It felt bloody good I can tell you! We leave at 4.30pm on 9th October

I seriously cannot believe that after 4 years of being here it's almost over.
My God - you are so lucky!!! My best wishes to you and I hope I'm going to be close behind you!!!!
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

IVYBRIDGE ! I didn't see that - I was born but a stones throw from there on the Flete Estate - (look it up on Google)

I was there in Feb and besides being a bit wet Ivybridge is a lovely little town beautiful area and I grew up at Wembury which is also in the South Hams.

A few dozy chavs around, aren't they everywhere, but by and by very nice.

My best friends live there and there are loads of great stores and amenities.

Best

David
Old Aug 1st 2008, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Tujeste is an unknown quantity at this point

Wembury, Wembury - did ya say Wembury?

I'll be down there next week - can I down a pint for you at the Odd Wheel?
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

The Odd Wheel! I've stumbled out of there a few times... My Dad owns the mews cottages just up the hill from the pub on the right there's a terrace of three of them built in the 1500s - Knighton Road.

Have fun - I have a picture of the Mewstone in front of me right now.

My Veggie Oxo Cubes come from Wembury Post Office and Shop.

Lovely village!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

.... and I lived in Temecula too was going to buy in Hemet but sounded too much like Helmet to me and my pals in the UK would never have let me go on that one LOL
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Things have been manic over the last month!

Soooooooooo much to arrange, shippers, cats, flights, blah blah blah......

Our house went unconditional last week so we decided to buy a house back home instead of rent (because rentals weren't coming up, the ones that did wouldn't take cats, and they're very silly money). Also, because of the market back there we thought we'd try and grab a bargain......and we did

For everyone else still trying to sell, keep your chins up, it'll happen even though at times you feel it won't. Look at me: 4 years, a gallon of tears and indecision, 6 months of trying to sell the house, and now it's almost my turn to get out of here and go back to where I belong. Never thought it would happen, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong.

Here's a piccie of the view out the back! Sheer heaven! The stream is at the bottom of the garden.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Tracey

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just popped on and saw your fantastic news.
Well done my dear - I am so pleased for you!!!!
You'll be back in time for autumnal leaves and lovely walks all rugged up.
Happy packing and roll on October for you
xx
T
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again guys for the kindness

We've had a bit of a panic this week watching the dollar go down, and down, taking our money with it but, it'll all be o.k in the end.

Shippers are booked: we are using Kents and we got a price of $7900 for a 20ft container.

Cats are booked with Dogtainers: 2 cats (one large crate one medium) for $3200 hubby reeeaaallly impressed

Flights booked with Malaysian airlines: 9th October at 4.30 landing at Heathrow at 6.00am on the 10th (exactly 4 years and 3 months to the day we landed here). Hired a car at Heathrow , an estate car for the luggage, car for a day 50 quid.

House sale going through fine in the UK so far, we're keeping our fingers crossed it doesn't go t*ts up and pear shaped. House going through fine here.

Got 9 1/2 weeks left in the penal colony, then that's it.

I don't think anything I've ever done in my life before has ever felt this right.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by david28078
IVYBRIDGE ! I didn't see that - I was born but a stones throw from there on the Flete Estate - (look it up on Google)

I was there in Feb and besides being a bit wet Ivybridge is a lovely little town beautiful area and I grew up at Wembury which is also in the South Hams.

A few dozy chavs around, aren't they everywhere, but by and by very nice.

My best friends live there and there are loads of great stores and amenities.

Best

David
I'm not a South Hams native, was born in St Budeaux. When we decided to come back from Australia we chose Ivybridge as a good compromise, my missus is from Modbury (her eldest brother was born at Flete also) so we settled on Ivybridge as got more facilities than Modbury but close enough for Louise to visit her mum regularly.

I'm sat here with a Dundee Utd shirt on as 'traded' my brand new tangering Argyle away shirt with a Dundee Utd fan when pissed up in the far post club after yesterdays friendly. Load of mad jocks came down to see Luggy, we played pretty crap and need to improve dramrically before next week's first league game against Wolves.

Are you moving back here to live?
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Tangerine? WHAT... We've been tangoed?

I used to drink at the Blue Monkey when I was a kid then went to Budoc afterwards.

Yes we probably will be as the health care here is SO expensive - at the moment it's OK as my Missus works for a huge company and everything is $10 - even a $120,000 foot operation on me = $10 but no insurance when we're retired would be a headache.

So we thought about it again and will probably move back when MIL pops her clogs.

Plus we live in the Bible Belt which drives me nuts

California was OK but we sold our house there (SF Area) in 2005 and made a boatload.

We're just planning on buying a flat in a nice area - I lived in Peverell once and that was OK went to school there too and not too far to walk to Homo Park

Last game I went to was v B Rovers at Home Park in the early 1990s with my American missus and of course there was a huge scrap - in the Mayflower Stand LOL
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

isleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really nice

Our house went unconditional last week so we decided to buy a house back home instead of rent (because rentals weren't coming up, the ones that did wouldn't take cats, and they're very silly money). Also, because of the market back there we thought we'd try and grab a bargain......and we did

For everyone else still trying to sell, keep your chins up, it'll happen even though at times you feel it won't. Look at me: 4 years, a gallon of tears and indecision, 6 months of trying to sell the house, and now it's almost my turn to get out of here and go back to where I belong. Never thought it would happen, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong.

Here's a piccie of the view out the back! Sheer heaven! The stream is at the bottom of the garden.
well done tracey. looks fantastic.......i bet you are counting the days...
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

isleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really nice

Originally Posted by brits1
Tracey it all looks wonderful and I am so pleased for you and your family Devon was on the t.v. again over the weekend and it just looks even better than I remembered it (well after all this bush and shrub here anything looks lovely!!!!) and flights booked for Oct 9th....bonfire night, halloween in the dark!!!!! lovely....I called in to Flight Centre last week and got the price for 3 of us and was pleasently suprised how cheap it would be....my husband is planning on staying in Perth until we sell our home here as so far not look selling it.......
All the bery best and before you know you will be showing your Oh just where you want him to put his plumming.....eeerrrrr for the bathroom/kitchens......
take care
Jackie who at the moment is looking green no not through the demond drink but because I am slightly envious!!!!!!!
Hi Jackie

When are you planning to fly home....is yours booked for 9th October.
New football season nearly upon us.....just booking tickets for the friendly against real on the 9th August, £15 a ticket, bloody worth every penny even when you add the £40 I will need top pay for my ferry ticket from the Isle of Man. Take Care.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Hi Tracy,

Great news >>>>> all the very best on your return home.Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.