We've bought a house!

Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:22 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We've bought a house!

Things have been manic over the last month!

Soooooooooo much to arrange, shippers, cats, flights, blah blah blah......

Our house went unconditional last week so we decided to buy a house back home instead of rent (because rentals weren't coming up, the ones that did wouldn't take cats, and they're very silly money). Also, because of the market back there we thought we'd try and grab a bargain......and we did

For everyone else still trying to sell, keep your chins up, it'll happen even though at times you feel it won't. Look at me: 4 years, a gallon of tears and indecision, 6 months of trying to sell the house, and now it's almost my turn to get out of here and go back to where I belong. Never thought it would happen, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong.

Here's a piccie of the view out the back! Sheer heaven! The stream is at the bottom of the garden.
Attached Thumbnails We've bought a house!-garden-stream.jpg   We've bought a house!-view.jpg  

Last edited by TraceyW; Jul 26th 2008 at 12:34 am.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:33 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We've bought a house!

Originally Posted by TraceyW

Our house went unconditional last week so we decided to buy a house back home instead of rent (because rentals weren't coming up, the ones that did wouldn't take cats, and they're very silly money). Also, because of the market back there we thought we'd try and grab a bargain......and we did

For everyone else still trying to sell, keep your chins up, it'll happen even though at times you feel it won't. Look at me: 4 years, a gallon of tears and indecision, 6 months of trying to sell the house, and now it's almost my turn to get out of here and go back to where I belong. Never thought it would happen, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong.

Here's a piccie of the view out the back! Sheer heaven! The stream is at the bottom of the garden.
great news and yes some bargains to be had! where's the piccie gone??

ahhh looks lovely, i'm dead made up for you

Last edited by TruBrit; Jul 26th 2008 at 12:36 am.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Tracey...you'll soon be on your way.

Glad you edited the pic...best to be on the safe side.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Well done Tracey...you'll soon be on your way.

Glad you edited the pic...best to be on the safe side.
Yes, suddenly realised! Swift editing required!
Old Jul 26th 2008, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

peanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nice

Hi Tracey

Wow what a turnaround. I am so pleased for you now just the grunt work of packing up. Gosh I wish it was us.

Enjoy your last few weeks?months?

Best wishes
Old Jul 26th 2008, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Oh well done Tracey, views look lovely our dog would have a great time in that stream where abouts did you decide on living

Last edited by tillysmum; Jul 26th 2008 at 4:02 am.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 4:18 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Fast movers or what!!!

Great news Tracey. I feel so pleased for you, but you're leaving me
Old Jul 26th 2008, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Location: Was Gold Coast, Australia... now living in Notts, UK
horrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to behold

That is SUCH fantastic news!!!! Yay you... and hooray for escape plans that come good! This next few months will keep on whirling by... but it is so worth it to be back home. There's not a single second of any day that I catch myself thinking 'I wish I were back in Australia'. I LOVE this country and I'm thrilled that you're able to get so much sorted before you get back! Oh to've had your organisational skills!!

Sarah
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations, a good move to one of the best parts of the best counties in England (well I am biased!)
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:43 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone see the house on your behalf? When do you reckon you will be heading back?

Well done Tracey, its all systems go for you now
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic! Well done Tracey, it looks gorgeous! Now, just get on with that decluttering and packing!
Old Jul 26th 2008, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Looks lovely Tracey well done!! Wont be long til your "home"

Kath
Old Jul 26th 2008, 11:07 am
Account Closed

Thanks for everyone's good wishes.

We're heading back to Ivybridge in Devon, all originally based on sdunx recommendations! So if it's crap mate....you are so in it!!! We started investigating the area and it looked lovely. Then we looked at schools and couldn't believe the high standards, especially the high school, it's fantastic. Then we looked at houses and were pleasantly surprised at the value for money at the moment. So, major thanks go out to you Stu for giving us the 'heads up' about this lovely place!

As for buying the house, we have eyes and ears on the ground in the area, and then there's the in laws who went and viewed the house armed with a camera and fresh batteries. They called us and gave us a full commentary, ten million photos were whizzed through cyber space, Google Earth was examined thoroughly, and offers began to fly around. Now that's a done deal.

And, today I booked the flights home. The amount of times I've walked past The Flight Centre in Lakeside wishing I could go in there and book to get us all out of here and today I did it. It felt bloody good I can tell you! We leave at 4.30pm on 9th October

I seriously cannot believe that after 4 years of being here it's almost over.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 11:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks fantastic

Good luck with everything.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Tracy, it looks wonderful. An all round happy ending!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.