British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Were off - everything booked 47 days to go (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/were-off-everything-booked-47-days-go-417652/)

atkinsfamily Jan 8th 2007 11:52 pm

Were off - everything booked 47 days to go

Hi
Feel so much better now, shippers booked, dog booked, flights booked. both myself and OH have got our jobs back in the UK, daughter has a new job, only my 16 year old son needs to get a job, which he should be able to sort out once home.
Only things left to do is sell the car, and get someone to take our rental on. Then just sit and wait.
This is deffinatly the right thing to do. I have no regrets trying this adventure and have learnt alot.
So if you know of anyone who wants a rental in Aberfoyle Park in SA then PM me and i'll furnish you with the details.
Good luck to everyone out there.

Rascal Jan 8th 2007 11:59 pm

Re: Were off - everything booked 47 days to go

Originally Posted by atkinsfamily (Post 4261929)
Hi
Feel so much better now, shippers booked, dog booked, flights booked. both myself and OH have got our jobs back in the UK, daughter has a new job, only my 16 year old son needs to get a job, which he should be able to sort out once home.
Only things left to do is sell the car, and get someone to take our rental on. Then just sit and wait.
This is deffinatly the right thing to do. I have no regrets trying this adventure and have learnt alot.
So if you know of anyone who wants a rental in Aberfoyle Park in SA then PM me and i'll furnish you with the details.

Have a safe and pleasant journey back. I know the relief of leaving a place. Once you know you are going, its almost like winning the lotto isn't it?:)
We too are off to Malta to work, will be having many, many trips back to Uk and rest of Europe I can tell ya!:D
Hubby leaves next week and I follow on 31st.
My head is spinning witht he excitement of leaving, is yours?:)
All the best anyway.

meljor Jan 9th 2007 12:38 am

Hi

Good news, wish you all the best for your return luv.

FPM Jan 9th 2007 1:10 am

:D for you,,,,:( for me (and the rest of still planning our escape)

Rascal Jan 9th 2007 2:19 am

Do you realise A.Family, we are going to be the envy of this forum?:D :D
22 days to go...:rolleyes: ;)

blowfly Jan 9th 2007 3:31 am

Hi

All the best to you and your family.I am sure that your 16 year old will get work.

Nomore Jan 9th 2007 7:18 am

Hi

What made you decide to leave and how long have you been in OZ?

nonnynoo Jan 9th 2007 8:02 am

Hi

Feels great hey! we have 16 days left and I am so happy to be outta here, we just down the road from you as well, Onkaparinga Hills! all the best for your safe return to the UK Lauren

Sparkle2nite Jan 9th 2007 6:59 pm

Hi

Safe journey home and welcome back! Take care,
Sparkle x

Rascal Jan 9th 2007 8:56 pm

Shouldn't we be packing???:D :D
I dont know if its excitement of finally seeing a ONE WAY ticket outta here thats causing it, but am going round in circles and going nowhere except back to my PC!:o :o
I must start packing, I must start packing, I must...
'where's my suitcases??':D :D

blowfly Jan 9th 2007 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Rascal (Post 4264662)
Shouldn't we be packing???:D :D
I dont know if its excitement of finally seeing a ONE WAY ticket outta here thats causing it, but am going round in circles and going nowhere except back to my PC!:o :o
I must start packing, I must start packing, I must...
'where's my suitcases??':D :D

Oh please miss " I have some" lucky so and so

blowfly Jan 9th 2007 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by nonnynoo (Post 4262573)
Feels great hey! we have 16 days left and I am so happy to be outta here, we just down the road from you as well, Onkaparinga Hills! all the best for your safe return to the UK Lauren

Thats it rub it in :p

Rascal Jan 9th 2007 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by blowfly (Post 4264838)
Oh please miss " I have some" lucky so and so

I've done my time here, now being let out for good behaviour.:D

blowfly Jan 9th 2007 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Rascal (Post 4264852)
I've done my time here, now being let out for good behaviour.:D

All the best I will just keep on keeping for now.I will be going next year but I am nervy will have to leave a son and this time 2 pussy cats couldn't put them through all that again not now they are about ten(the cats)! The son is 22.
again GOOD LUCK

THEGREATIDIOT Jan 10th 2007 12:17 am

Originally Posted by blowfly (Post 4265163)
All the best I will just keep on keeping for now.I will be going next year but I am nervy will have to leave a son and this time 2 pussy cats couldn't put them through all that again not now they are about ten(the cats)! The son is 22.
again GOOD LUCK

Good luck. Your 16 yr old son will be eternally grateful, I know I would have been!