We're home!!!

Old Sep 20th 2010, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default We're home!!!

Well we are finally home. Staying at my mum's house until we can get sorted and come up with a plan.

In touch with School Admissions although that could be a bit of slow process. Hopefully the kids will be in school by the end of the week.

The initial feeling is that it is really nice to be home. It's a little daunting thinking about what our next steps are but at least we can do this with some support around us.

The ironic thing is that is feels like Australia was a 3.5 year holiday and almost never happened.

I love the TV. I know that sounds sad but for me it's nice. Spooks starts tonight so I'm sure I'll enjoy that. Nice to be watching it a the same time as friends and be able to have that (did you see Spooks conversation). Gosh I'm sad but it makes me happy!!!

See my middle child get into his Grandads garden and be happy to ask questions about it all and to enjoy tasting granddads produce was really sweet. I can see hubby taking him down to help grandad and share some moments.

All this and my mum hasn't even got back from holiday yet. That will hopefully be a breath of fresh air. Although things with our families can be bit annoying hopefully we'll enjoy living in the same country as them.

I really do hope this feeling contintues. I do know that I couldn't go back to Secret Harbour. For me my soul was missing there. The thought of having to go back would fill me with dread!!! I know there are plenty of happy people there but just not me and now I'm ok with that.

I'm sure many people write much more deep analytical posts after returning but this is me 5 days in.

Catch you soon and thanks for all the support in getting me back here....
Old Sep 20th 2010, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

theyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud oftheyoungs has much to be proud of
Default Re: We're home!!!

So glad to hear your positive thoughts.

We ping ponged to Oz twice but we are now settled back in the UK for good. You are bound to have your down days as the time ticks by, I have had some but I know that we are where we are supposed to be and that is home.

You have had an experience that many people only ever dream about, you didn't just talk the talk, you walked the walk and that stands for something

Congratulations on your return and long may it continue.

Enjoy..........life is for living.

Last edited by theyoungs; Sep 20th 2010 at 6:51 am. Reason: word missed out
Old Sep 20th 2010, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Well we are finally home. Staying at my mum's house until we can get sorted and come up with a plan.

In touch with School Admissions although that could be a bit of slow process. Hopefully the kids will be in school by the end of the week.

The initial feeling is that it is really nice to be home. It's a little daunting thinking about what our next steps are but at least we can do this with some support around us.

The ironic thing is that is feels like Australia was a 3.5 year holiday and almost never happened.

I love the TV. I know that sounds sad but for me it's nice. Spooks starts tonight so I'm sure I'll enjoy that. Nice to be watching it a the same time as friends and be able to have that (did you see Spooks conversation). Gosh I'm sad but it makes me happy!!!

See my middle child get into his Grandads garden and be happy to ask questions about it all and to enjoy tasting granddads produce was really sweet. I can see hubby taking him down to help grandad and share some moments.

All this and my mum hasn't even got back from holiday yet. That will hopefully be a breath of fresh air. Although things with our families can be bit annoying hopefully we'll enjoy living in the same country as them.

I really do hope this feeling contintues. I do know that I couldn't go back to Secret Harbour. For me my soul was missing there. The thought of having to go back would fill me with dread!!! I know there are plenty of happy people there but just not me and now I'm ok with that.

I'm sure many people write much more deep analytical posts after returning but this is me 5 days in.

Catch you soon and thanks for all the support in getting me back here....
Welcome..home....

Spooks...never watched it...I have seen it advertised....love Richard Armitage...so might tune in....it's lovely to have family around..although after 8 weeks at my Dad's..it was time for us to have our own space...our boys could only play dominoes so many times....lol....we have settled into a nice rountine...our youngest son started college 2 weeks ago (I cried..lol...) then our oldest started Uni today (I cried...lol)..not in front of them...they are getting on with their lives and that's good....take each day as it comes.....take a little time if you can to do the things you enjoy doing....even if that is going and having a coffee or wanting to visit a certain town,place etc...take care and all the best....
Old Sep 20th 2010, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

So glad to hear you're all doing well.

We've been back 7 weeks now. We're still living in friend's borrowed flat, still looking for jobs but our son is settled in his new school. In fact, he's in a snit today because he has a cold so we've kept him home.

It's not easy but, hell, it's still good to be back.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Gill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud of

Please keep us updated on how you are doing now back in the UK.

We are trying to sell our house and hope to be back in the UK early next year, so it's great to hear how other people are feeling to be back and how they are putting their lives back together again.

Good luck! Hope everything falls into place for you
Old Sep 20th 2010, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Poppet,

Top few things to do (if you haven't already)

Register (re-register) at the doctor (important for little one)
Go to the council offices and put yourself on the electoral role.
Try reactivating any dormant bank accounts.
Get some stuff with your name and a UK address on it asap (mobile contract?)
Contact tax office about child benefit and ask them to send forms.

I'm sure there are more, but these were the things we needed to sort first couple of weeks.

Welcome back
Old Sep 20th 2010, 10:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done for getting home, remember to enjoy it. Wish you all well.

Peter
Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

well done Poppet........keep busy get the bus to town, whatever it takes to make you happy .......
Have fun.....
Old Sep 20th 2010, 8:09 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear you are all back safe Poppet.
I love watching Spooks here, we are behind probably a year. They call it MI5 on PBS here.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome home
Old Sep 20th 2010, 8:44 pm
J.J
BE Enthusiast

J.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to all

hello Poppet, re your comment that your time abroad seems to almost not have happened, we feel the same, we know were there, we dont regret it but now we are back those 18 yrs are just..... hard to describe; history ? a long trip away from UK ? as if they never happened ?... it has not all been an easy ride getting back into life here but we have no thoughts that we would 'pong' back to US - unless for a holiday, it's a great place for holidays.
Welcome home.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear that things are looking up for you Poppet! Nothing like having a good support network I reckon and all the sunshine in the world isnt going to beat that!

I hope you can get yourselves established back where you want to be - good luck with the schools!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

JJ how are you, have you posted in the over 50s 60s, i was wondering how you are getting on.....
Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:49 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Nice to hear you are all back safe Poppet.
I love watching Spooks here, we are behind probably a year. They call it MI5 on PBS here.
www.thebox.bz download it.

I am in Australia and I haven't missed an episode. Just downloaded the first episode aired last night on BBC1. No need to miss decent TV these days.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

bithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nice

hope all is onward and upward from here on in ......We will be heading home ourselves in March next year if not before......daunting prospect after 23 years but know it is the right move...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.