British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   wellington boots!! Where can i buy some? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/wellington-boots-where-can-i-buy-some-439690/)

Deedee13 Apr 3rd 2007 7:08 pm

wellington boots!! Where can i buy some?

I need a pair of black wellington boots? Anyone got any ideas. I want to plany ivy in them and put them on the front step as a stubstitute for a plant pot a gimmicky sort of thing. So i dont want to spend too much on them. Does anyone have any ideas?

TruBrit Apr 3rd 2007 7:10 pm

Re: wellington boots!! Where can i buy some?

Originally Posted by Deedee13 (Post 4597904)
I need a pair of black wellington boots? Anyone got any ideas. I want to plany ivy in them and put them on the front step as a stubstitute for a plany pot a gimmicky sort of thing. So i dont want to spend too much on them. Does anyone have any ideas?

guess you've tried wally world?

Deedee13 Apr 3rd 2007 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 4597915)
guess you've tried wally world?

been there... they didnt have any! infact i got some really wierd looks asking for them.

TruBrit Apr 3rd 2007 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Deedee13 (Post 4597918)
been there... they didnt have any! infact i got some really wierd looks asking for them.

lol.... i bet you did. i still remember the weird looks i got from wally world yrs ago asking if they sold washing up bowls only to find out later they call them dish pans here :lol:

maybe check out craig's list re your wellies.

dbj1000 Apr 3rd 2007 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Deedee13 (Post 4597918)

They're called "Rubber Boots" or "Gumboots", and our local Walmart has a large selection.

However, Academy Sports & Outdoors has an even better selection, and they're cheaper. They don't have many online, but if there are Academy stores in your area you may find a better range in-store... of they've been discontinued already in preparation for the summer!

Academy Sport Rubber Boots

oh yes, and Target have them, and Amazon sells them online too!

In fact, Amazon have a gazillion different styles:

Amazon Rubber Boots

missythang Apr 4th 2007 1:17 am

Originally Posted by Deedee13 (Post 4597904)
I need a pair of black wellington boots? Anyone got any ideas. I want to plany ivy in them and put them on the front step as a stubstitute for a plant pot a gimmicky sort of thing. So i dont want to spend too much on them. Does anyone have any ideas?

mother in law has some in the garden .... i suppose we could go and nick em one night lol:thumbsup:

Bob Apr 4th 2007 3:28 am

rubber gum boots, if your in Maine, Reny's would have them for a few bucks, and if you wanted nice one's, LL Beans, but most sports shops would have them...

Tegwyn Apr 4th 2007 5:33 am

Any of the local farm supply stores would also sell them.

Tracym Apr 4th 2007 11:34 am

Do you have a Fleet Farm, Farm & Fleet, or Tractor Supply around?

Leeds_Lass Apr 4th 2007 4:30 pm

I got a great pair of yard boots from Tractor Supply. They look like Wellington boots, not black though mine are navy. You'll be hard pressed to get boots like back home but imo they're all the same anyway! Amazon.com and Ebay also have fashion boots like this in bright patterns/colours.

Naomi999 Apr 4th 2007 8:14 pm

I had the exact same problem, couldn't find any at Target, wrong time of year. Eventually found some at Home Depot in the gardening section.