Well, that's that then.

Old Jul 28th 2007, 6:08 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Well, that's that then.

Back from my rekkie in Brisbane and the Gold Coast safe n sound. The most popular question peeps are asking me at the mo is "Well, are you moving there then?" and the answer is "Nope!"

We had a good time and saw some spectacular countryside in the hinterlands. Talk about 'take your breath away' beautiful! After being scenery starved for so long over here, me and my mate kinda overdosed a little on the stuff!!

We had a wonderful day out at Byron bay, another truly wonderful place, saw whales, ate our lunch over-looking the landscape and felt at peace with Australia for the first time since I'd landed some 3 long years ago. We then travelled into the NSW hinterlands and went for coffee at a lovely little place called the "Crystal Castle". Very spiritual indeed!! Again, the shire of Byron was awesome.

Friday we went to Australia Zoo, and yes, we saw Bindi and Terri!

But....and there's always a but isn't there!.....after travelling over 1000 km's in a week, up and down the Gold Coast (inland) there was nowhere that we could say was 'the place' we wanted to live in, or if it even came close, we couldn't afford it. The prices are going silly over there, and this was confirmed by several real estate agents who complained they couldn't meet the demand for houses at the moment. The houses we could afford now will be completely out of our price range in 15 months time.

So that's that then. Decision made; it's off home to Blighty for deffinite now for us in Oct 08. I'm a little sad because the dream is absolutely over for us. I feel a bit deflated because we so wanted this Australian adventure to work, but hey ho, it's not to be and it's onwards and upwards to look forward to a new life in Devon.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 6:49 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well, that's that then.

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Back from my rekkie in Brisbane and the Gold Coast safe n sound. The most popular question peeps are asking me at the mo is "Well, are you moving there then?" and the answer is "Nope!"

We had a good time and saw some spectacular countryside in the hinterlands. Talk about 'take your breath away' beautiful! After being scenery starved for so long over here, me and my mate kinda overdosed a little on the stuff!!

We had a wonderful day out at Byron bay, another truly wonderful place, saw whales, ate our lunch over-looking the landscape and felt at peace with Australia for the first time since I'd landed some 3 long years ago. We then travelled into the NSW hinterlands and went for coffee at a lovely little place called the "Crystal Castle". Very spiritual indeed!! Again, the shire of Byron was awesome.

But....and there's always a but isn't there!.....after travelling over 1000 km's in a week, up and down the Gold Coast (inland) there was nowhere that we could say was 'the place' we wanted to live in, or if it even came close, we couldn't afford it. The prices are going silly over there, and this was confirmed by several real estate agents who complained they couldn't meet the demand for houses at the moment. The houses we could afford now will be completely out of our price range in 15 months time.

So that's that then. Decision made; it's off home to Blighty for deffinite now for us in Oct 08. I'm a little sad because the dream is absolutely over for us. I feel a bit deflated because we so wanted this Australian adventure to work, but hey ho, it's not to be and it's onwards and upwards to look forward to a new life in Devon.
its never over, why not rent for a while then decide?
Old Jul 28th 2007, 7:25 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

So how does you OH feel about it all now Tracey?
Old Jul 28th 2007, 7:34 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
good question
Old Jul 28th 2007, 7:49 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey - the Australian dream may be over for you but I'm sure you will have plenty others lined up. Devon is a truly beautiful place to be heading to and you'll have that degree in your hand ready to start another chapter.

At least you have tried - sometimes it isn't meant to be but at least you have some great experiences to look back on.

Good luck
Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:51 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey - well at least you can say gave the East Coast a look and now you know it's not for you.

Don't be sad about 'the dream' being over - I felt that a bit too when we called time out on Perth but my life is better than ever now back here and I've started a whole new dream - we've already been to Rome since being home, we're going camping in the South of France at the end of August and hoping for a trip to Paris next year, dirt cheap and great offers on Expedia - stuff that would have all been impossible from Oz.

And hey you've all got your citizenship so things are far from over...Oz will always be there if you want it back!! Hope your hubby is OK about the move back.

Anyway good luck with all your plans, everything will work out just fine you'll see!

P.S we did some backpacking around Byron Bay many moons ago - agree it is a very beautiful and spritual place.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 10:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by soapy
its never over, why not rent for a while then decide?
But whilst we're renting, the prices will still be going up and up and up....

He's sort of o.k about it. He just wants us all to be settled and happy somewhere..anywhere really!!

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Hi Tracey - the Australian dream may be over for you but I'm sure you will have plenty others lined up. Devon is a truly beautiful place to be heading to and you'll have that degree in your hand ready to start another chapter.

At least you have tried - sometimes it isn't meant to be but at least you have some great experiences to look back on.

Good luck
Thanks Louise x

Originally Posted by pommybird
Don't be sad about 'the dream' being over - I felt that a bit too when we called time out on Perth but my life is better than ever now back here and I've started a whole new dream - we've already been to Rome since being home, we're going camping in the South of France at the end of August and hoping for a trip to Paris next year, dirt cheap and great offers on Expedia - stuff that would have all been impossible from Oz.

I am sooooo looking forward to taking the kids camping to the south of France for a few weeks. Have a good time

It's weird about the sad bit though. I know in my heart that I want to go home, that's the right next move, but it still makes me feel a bit down in the dumps about leaving this place. Very odd. It's not that I really like it here or anything. All very weird.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 11:01 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

It's weird about the sad bit though. I know in my heart that I want to go home, that's the right next move, but it still makes me feel a bit down in the dumps about leaving this place. Very odd. It's not that I really like it here or anything. All very weird.
I know how you are feeling Tracey and I'm sure there are many more of us on this site who do as well. It is weird and I couldn't possibly begin to put it into words why one should feel that way. I know 100% that I want to go 'home' and enjoy trips to Europe with my family, taking the car to France on Le Shuttle again, spending 3/4 days in Madrid with my Spanish sister in laws family and I could go on and on, but for me I think it's the fear of starting over again, although it will not stop me when the time is right. Try to focus on the things you have missed and the camping holidays in France etc. and not why you never felt as though Oz was not for you. Look forward to all the places you can take the children and how happy your family are going to be with you all home again.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 1:27 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

You have gave australia your all so dont feel sad going home it is a whole new adventure!!

Bryon bay is fantastic its got to be the best place ive visited in OZ, was it strange at australia Zoo with no stevo?? we went july last year and seen him there he was very much the life and sole of it all its a great zoo.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:20 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Tracey at least you went and had a look,I think you are just starting a new adventure,What part of Devon are you going to,its lovely down there.I know you will have a great time in France(Im a bit biased on that one )do you know were you going there?Onwards and upwards, best of luck to you and yours
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
Hey Tracey at least you went and had a look,I think you are just starting a new adventure,What part of Devon are you going to,its lovely down there.I know you will have a great time in France(Im a bit biased on that one )do you know were you going there?Onwards and upwards, best of luck to you and yours
We're going back to the Cullompton area, basically because it's lovely and the schools are very good, especially in Uffculme. We will be 30 mins from the in-laws, so babysitters will be available for the odd night out, alone...without kids......heaven!!!!

As for France, well, I spent a lot of time driving around it some years ago and I love so much of it. Therefore, I would be happy anywhere there for a holiday.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:31 am

We're going back to the Cullompton area, basically because it's lovely and the schools are very good, especially in Uffculme. We will be 30 mins from the in-laws, so babysitters will be available for the odd night out, alone...without kids......heaven!!!!

As for France, well, I spent a lot of time driving around it some years ago and I love so much of it. Therefore, I would be happy anywhere there for a holiday.

You cant sleep either?Its lovely area,I know somerset more.but anywhere down there is cool.Babbysitters too,think you will be well happy.France what can I say, love it, it will be a lovely adventure for you all
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:34 am
Master of verbal pish©

I think it's the fear of starting over again, .
very good point. people dont give this enough thought.
some dont have that fear, thats all well and good got them, but its a big ask for a whole family.

i think i had the fear of not doing it lol
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:39 am
Master of verbal pish©

to be honest TraceyW
you have done the right thing. you came, you saw, and you knew it might make or break you.
you know whats right for you (and the family), and thats important!
a lot come out here without looking first and cant find a way back without crippling them.
no one can fault you for that.
well done lassie
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by soapy
to be honest TraceyW
you have done the right thing. you came, you saw, and you knew it might make or break you.
you know whats right for you (and the family), and thats important!
a lot come out here without looking first and cant find a way back without crippling them.
no one can fault you for that.
well done lassie

That was nicely put

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.