Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Well it's goodbye Oz from me......

Well it's goodbye Oz from me......

Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Well it's goodbye Oz from me......

Well my time has finally come, I get released from Perth tomorrow

This last week has been a roller coaster of emotions, saying goodbye to some really good friends and seeing our life packed up and put in a big metal box has been quite exhausting.

I am really excited but also a bit nervous to be going back, scared for my kids as well as we have been here so long. Having a 4 week "holiday period" when we get back to show the kids around and visit a few places so they can see why we wanted to go back. Let's hope they don't hate it.

Perth was a great experience for a while but just doesn't tick the boxes for us anymore. Good luck to everyone else who is making the move, whichever way you are going.

See you all on the other side.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:16 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Well it's goodbye Oz from me......

Originally Posted by stm1971

This last week has been a roller coaster of emotions, saying goodbye to some really good friends and seeing our life packed up and put in a big metal box has been quite exhausting.

I am really excited but also a bit nervous to be going back, scared for my kids as well as we have been here so long. Having a 4 week "holiday period" when we get back to show the kids around and visit a few places so they can see why we wanted to go back. Let's hope they don't hate it.

Perth was a great experience for a while but just doesn't tick the boxes for us anymore. Good luck to everyone else who is making the move, whichever way you are going.

Where you heading to in UK?
Lots on here leave Perth. It's such a goldfish bowl. I really wish i could have settled there too, but it did open my eyes to what's important.
I do believe that moving in a particular season helps. Moving about in winter is a turn off, summer will be more satisfying. All the best to you all
Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:28 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the move. Enjoy your time showing the kids around.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to wish you all the best,have a safe flight and good luck with your new lives!that the kids like it too.Mind did and they are aussies!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:09 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Wanted to wish you good luck, be prepared for a bumpy ride perhaps, its all worth it in the end!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:15 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Well my time has finally come, I get released from Perth tomorrow ..............

Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Relocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud of

Wishing you all the very best for your return!...safe flight and happy landings

going back (like many others) on April 5th myself so see you on the other side!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

All the best! Hope it all goes smoothly for you and that the kids take to it like ducks to water!
Old Mar 31st 2010, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

T.

Wishing you all the happiness and enjoy those four weeks....I think we all worry so much about our children...it's causing me sleepless nights..lol....life is too short to be saying "what if".....you can say now say "we've done it"...etc your life will be richer for the experience....if bumps come along don't worry about them until they do (might never happen, it could be all plain sailing) ....All the best.....take care.......
Old Mar 31st 2010, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Might be me dud but I could not get the sound to work....loved Ronny Barker....
Old Mar 31st 2010, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck
Old Mar 31st 2010, 4:41 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck stm1971, don't forget us when you get to the other side.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like you get released from prison....

Good luck! Congratulations! Best wishes!

I do envy you!
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Hey everyone.

Thanks for all your wishes.

The flights was as good as they can be, actually met another family on their way home too!

Arrived at heathrow to "Welcome Home" banners, the sun shining and the M25!! Some things don't change LOL.

Had a lovely day with our family, it was great seeing the kids with their cousins and seeing my daughter with her cousin who is the same age as her going down to the shops and coming back with a huge smile on her face after all the bargains she got.

So far it all feels right and we are looking forward to the next 2 weeks of our sightseeing and rediscovering our home.

Early days but have no regrets atm.

Will update again when I have more to tell, off to stock up on our meagre wardrobes today (yes, the shops are open today) and having our first curry tonight.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone.

Thanks for all your wishes.

The flights was as good as they can be, actually met another family on their way home too!

Arrived at heathrow to "Welcome Home" banners, the sun shining and the M25!! Some things don't change LOL.

Had a lovely day with our family, it was great seeing the kids with their cousins and seeing my daughter with her cousin who is the same age as her going down to the shops and coming back with a huge smile on her face after all the bargains she got.

So far it all feels right and we are looking forward to the next 2 weeks of our sightseeing and rediscovering our home.

Early days but have no regrets atm.

Will update again when I have more to tell, off to stock up on our meagre wardrobes today (yes, the shops are open today) and having our first curry tonight.
Glad you arrived safely,and you sound very happy.All the best and have a great new life!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.