Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Well... I got the job!!! (x-post)

Well... I got the job!!! (x-post)

Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:38 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Well... I got the job!!! (x-post)

That's fantastic! Congratulations!

What a lovely part of the world you're moving to - you will love your new life there for sure.

Well done!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Well... I got the job!!! (x-post)

brill news maz, well done all round
Old Sep 14th 2007, 12:18 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

bloody fantastic news Maz.... see, all the positive vibes we sent you paid off..

Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
It's taken about 2 months and 3 interviews, credit checks, background checks, reference checks etc. But I have secured an offer for a kick-arse job with a fabulous financial institution in Wellington's CBD, New Zealand.

The twelfth of September 2007 will also remain with me for two other reaons:

Hubby gave his 2-day official notice today to his employers. Got to love "employment at will"! However, he did tell them about 6 or 7 weeks ago that we would be leaving, probably Sep/Oct sometime. They even interviewed people for a replacement and offered a job to someone else. The chap accepted... then said a week before he was supposed to start that he'd taken a job somewhere else! "Employment at will" bites them in the arse a second time. Meanwhile, it's taking 2 days to draw up my contract of employment. (that's more like it!)

The third reason is that we signed the contract to sell our house today! We close on the 28th... a scant 2 weeks and 2 days away. The words "Time is of the essence" are in bold in the contract! I wouldn't want to be in our lawyer's shoes in the next couple of weeks! The house inspection is on Friday in the morning. We're not worried at all. We've watched over the past decade that we've owned the house as it's settled, and there are really no concerns. Only thing I'm going to do is call an exterminator tomorrow and get a tiny but growing hornet's nest removed that's in the peak of the bay door, outside.

So... job offer, sign contract on house sale, and hubby quits toxic job.

All in all, a pretty DAMN GOOD DAY!!!!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...happydance.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ate/woohoo.gif

Congratulations!!

I've had a crap day, so its nice to hear someone else's good news.......
Old Sep 14th 2007, 4:56 am
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Maz

Originally Posted by Maz
It's taken about 2 months and 3 interviews, credit checks, background checks, reference checks etc. But I have secured an offer for a kick-arse job with a fabulous financial institution in Wellington's CBD, New Zealand.

Hubby gave his 2-day official notice today to his employers. Got to love "employment at will"! However, he did tell them about 6 or 7 weeks ago that we would be leaving, probably Sep/Oct sometime. They even interviewed people for a replacement and offered a job to someone else. The chap accepted... then said a week before he was supposed to start that he'd taken a job somewhere else! "Employment at will" bites them in the arse a second time. Meanwhile, it's taking 2 days to draw up my contract of employment. (that's more like it!)

The third reason is that we signed the contract to sell our house today! We close on the 28th... a scant 2 weeks and 2 days away. The words "Time is of the essence" are in bold in the contract! I wouldn't want to be in our lawyer's shoes in the next couple of weeks! The house inspection is on Friday in the morning. We're not worried at all. We've watched over the past decade that we've owned the house as it's settled, and there are really no concerns. Only thing I'm going to do is call an exterminator tomorrow and get a tiny but growing hornet's nest removed that's in the peak of the bay door, outside.

All in all, a pretty DAMN GOOD DAY!!!!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...happydance.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ate/woohoo.gif
Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:50 am
Silly fool for love

twiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to alltwiggy1984 is a name known to all

Congratulations Maz!! Best of Luck in NZ
Old Sep 14th 2007, 4:18 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and good luck in NZ
Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:26 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks ever so much everyone! I hope you don't mind me poking my nose back in the USA forums still, you've all been so wonderful and helpful!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:29 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we'd be upset if you didn't

again, brilliant news luv
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz

Maz - I completely missed this - good for you!!!!!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:21 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Me too, missed I meant. Anyway all the best for a smooth move and a wonderful life in NZ!!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:26 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you ladies! I got my contract via e-mail today. Rather nice to have a proper work contract again, have to say. Version I have to sign and send back is being couriered over.

We leave our house next Tuesday as we don't want to be without beds (movers will probably, knowing our luck, take them on the first day of moving stuff ), pre-sign with the lawyer on Thursday, and then she goes to the closing on Friday. It's all going smoothly, just a bit gob-smacked that the closing came so quickly - 2 weeks and 3 days after we got the offer!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Thank you ladies! I got my contract via e-mail today. Rather nice to have a proper work contract again, have to say. Version I have to sign and send back is being couriered over.

We leave our house next Tuesday as we don't want to be without beds (movers will probably, knowing our luck, take them on the first day of moving stuff ), pre-sign with the lawyer on Thursday, and then she goes to the closing on Friday. It's all going smoothly, just a bit gob-smacked that the closing came so quickly - 2 weeks and 3 days after we got the offer!
Congrats, you lucky lump! Bet you can't wait! How longs the flight to NZ? Must be a bit of a trek. Hope your a good traveller...

All the best
love Keira xx