Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Well... I got the job!!! (x-post)

Wikiposts

Well... I got the job!!! (x-post)

Old Sep 12th 2007, 2:15 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Well... I got the job!!! (x-post)

It's taken about 2 months and 3 interviews, credit checks, background checks, reference checks etc. But I have secured an offer for a kick-arse job with a fabulous financial institution in Wellington's CBD, New Zealand.

The twelfth of September 2007 will also remain with me for two other reaons:

Hubby gave his 2-day official notice today to his employers. Got to love "employment at will"! However, he did tell them about 6 or 7 weeks ago that we would be leaving, probably Sep/Oct sometime. They even interviewed people for a replacement and offered a job to someone else. The chap accepted... then said a week before he was supposed to start that he'd taken a job somewhere else! "Employment at will" bites them in the arse a second time. Meanwhile, it's taking 2 days to draw up my contract of employment. (that's more like it!)

The third reason is that we signed the contract to sell our house today! We close on the 28th... a scant 2 weeks and 2 days away. The words "Time is of the essence" are in bold in the contract! I wouldn't want to be in our lawyer's shoes in the next couple of weeks! The house inspection is on Friday in the morning. We're not worried at all. We've watched over the past decade that we've owned the house as it's settled, and there are really no concerns. Only thing I'm going to do is call an exterminator tomorrow and get a tiny but growing hornet's nest removed that's in the peak of the bay door, outside.

So... job offer, sign contract on house sale, and hubby quits toxic job.

All in all, a pretty DAMN GOOD DAY!!!!!!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 2:19 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well... I got the job!!! (x-post)

Originally Posted by Maz
It's taken about 2 months and 3 interviews, credit checks, background checks, reference checks etc. But I have secured an offer for a kick-arse job with a fabulous financial institution in Wellington's CBD, New Zealand.

Hubby gave his 2-day official notice today to his employers. Got to love "employment at will"! However, he did tell them about 6 or 7 weeks ago that we would be leaving, probably Sep/Oct sometime. They even interviewed people for a replacement and offered a job to someone else. The chap accepted... then said a week before he was supposed to start that he'd taken a job somewhere else! "Employment at will" bites them in the arse a second time. Meanwhile, it's taking 2 days to draw up my contract of employment. (that's more like it!)

The third reason is that we signed the contract to sell our house today! We close on the 28th... a scant 2 weeks and 2 days away. The words "Time is of the essence" are in bold in the contract! I wouldn't want to be in our lawyer's shoes in the next couple of weeks! The house inspection is on Friday in the morning. We're not worried at all. We've watched over the past decade that we've owned the house as it's settled, and there are really no concerns. Only thing I'm going to do is call an exterminator tomorrow and get a tiny but growing hornet's nest removed that's in the peak of the bay door, outside.

All in all, a pretty DAMN GOOD DAY!!!!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...happydance.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ate/woohoo.gif

Congratulations!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 2:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Wow you have done well. Seems your move to NZ was meant to be.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 2:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
All in all, a pretty DAMN GOOD DAY!!!!!! [URL]\
Damn good weeks I would say ..great news Maz ...
Good luck to you all ...
Old Sep 12th 2007, 2:36 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Old Sep 12th 2007, 2:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

She's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack with the arty farty posts.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 2:51 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz

All in all, a pretty DAMN GOOD DAY!!!!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...happydance.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ate/woohoo.gif

Nice one - well done on all 3. Hope you had time to nip out and buy some lottery tickets....??
Old Sep 12th 2007, 3:07 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, that's great news you must be overjoyed
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

doogie is an unknown quantity at this point

new member here, well done you. bit of advice please, how do you secure a job when living in uk, finding this a really hard thing to do, got any advice?
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Maz - not that there was any chance that you were NOT going to get it...exciting times ahead
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by doogie
new member here, well done you. bit of advice please, how do you secure a job when living in uk, finding this a really hard thing to do, got any advice?
Unless you are a USC or married to one you bascisally can't. The OP is in the US and is moving to NZ.

This may be of help to you:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA
Old Sep 13th 2007, 2:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done sweetie.............Essex Girls Rule
Old Sep 13th 2007, 4:59 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

that's cool, congrats

it's surprising what you can get done in a hurry...we just got a car on the quick as i found out the head gasket was about to go again on our old car on sunday, sorted a new car out monday and picked it up yesterday, though there's a few parts need sorting which will happen once i get the registration as they'll do that when parts arrive and can do inspection...so that was interesting, pain in the arse getting it on the hop like that, but only having one car does that to you *l*
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:53 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

well done maz!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.