Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Are we up for another night out yet?

Are we up for another night out yet?

Old Mar 9th 2007, 4:21 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are we up for another night out yet?

Originally Posted by Est
What a shame you ladies are the other side of the sodding country - I would love to come

I love this section of BE as I can let my true feelings out - it does help I find. Means I dont get on at the OH quite as much about going "Home" and everyone is really friendly and supporting. Alot of people I have come accross here in brisbane all love it here and that gets me down - why dont I? I dont hate it its just I cannot enjoy it as I miss my family and friends far too much.

Got to last it here until January - how will I do it?

Esther
Oh sod it...just hop on a plane and come for a bevvie!!

I was saying exactly the same thing to my mate this morning, why does she like it and I don't ,and she basically reckons it's because she's harder hearted than me. She can switch off the emotions of homesickness, I can't. I admit I am a complete and utter wuss! It's not that she loves her family in the UK any less than I do, she just manages to do a man thing somehow and push the emotions to the back of her head. Wish I could do that but I can't.

January...bah, luxury, I've got to do until Dec08. Now that's a long time!!! I'm just putting my head down, getting this year over with, then next year will be filled with plans and excitement. That's the way I'm going to do it.

Go and book your flights for Thursday!!
Old Mar 9th 2007, 4:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lil_ol_wine_drinker_me
No babysitter, so no fun for me, will try to make the next one.

Oh that's a croc. See you soon x
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Tina! So pleased for you. Can't wait to be at that stage, never know someone might buy our house this weekend

Wish I had a babysitter, have been trying to get LB tickets for ages. Bloody typical

Jo
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

[QUOTE=Tina Baker;4500267]I'm still here! Just had a hectic week (makes a nice change though!)
Our house sale went unconditional yesterday so I am on countdown at last!!!! YEAHHH!!!! Settlement on 30th march so we should be home the first week in April...........God I can't wait!

Congrats Tina, hope to see you before you leave.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 7:58 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clougherty family
Well done Tina! So pleased for you. Can't wait to be at that stage, never know someone might buy our house this weekend

Wish I had a babysitter, have been trying to get LB tickets for ages. Bloody typical

Jo

Sold 'em girls, but lost $244 on them!eek!
Old Mar 9th 2007, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

lil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nicelil_ol_wine_drinker_me is just really nice

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Sold 'em girls, but lost $244 on them!eek!
Never mind St Georges Girl, just pour yourself a wine and watch them on the TV tonight & pretend you are there.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 10:10 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there girlies. I am sorry but i can't make it on Thurs. Kath had some bad news on sunday which sent her back to the UK, so i am looking after her kiddies for a while.
Tina, if i don't see you before you move back, have a great new life in UK, i'm sure you will. All the best and keep us posted.
We have now decided ourselves that after citizenship we will move back for good. That will be June08 just have to grin and bear it.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Tina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Hi there girlies. I am sorry but i can't make it on Thurs. Kath had some bad news on sunday which sent her back to the UK, so i am looking after her kiddies for a while.
Tina, if i don't see you before you move back, have a great new life in UK, i'm sure you will. All the best and keep us posted.
We have now decided ourselves that after citizenship we will move back for good. That will be June08 just have to grin and bear it.
Blimey, poor Kath, give her my regards next time you speak to her......
let me know when everyone is back to normal and we will try to arrange another night before I go ( tickets booked for the 31st!)........I would like to see you all again!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

One hell of a way to get that UK fix, thoughts are with Kath & family.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 6:48 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Just spotted this!
Please give Kath my love Rachel and tell her I'll hopefully see her soon.
Hope all is well in the UK.
Tracey
Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:45 am
Account Closed

Dear Kath.

I know just what she's going through and my heart breaks for her.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

All thinking of you Kath
Old Mar 15th 2007, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Hi Girls

Due to the circumstances are we cancelling tonight???
Old Mar 15th 2007, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

Tina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
Hi Girls

Due to the circumstances are we cancelling tonight???
I think that there will still be Tracey, Jo, You and me..........I don't mind either way.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 5:03 am
Account Closed

I've told hubby to work some overtime as I didn't think tonight was still on He'll be working late. Bugger.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.