Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Are we looking for the next adventure?

Wikiposts

Are we looking for the next adventure?

Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold
Default Are we looking for the next adventure?

I thought I would throw this thought out there for anyone to comment on, it's just to get us all thinking really.

Let's face it moving abroad is an adventure.

How can we be sure that moving back to the uk is not just our longing for a new adventure.

I'm not saying this is the case for any of you or for me but how can we be sure ?
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:08 pm
Moose Jaw's Ambassador

roanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant future
Default Re: Are we looking for the next adventure?

When I get sick of things here, and start to think about moving back, I always seem to remember all the reasons I left there in the first place! I came here in 1987 and did not go back until three years ago. In my opinion, apart from a nice walk along a country lane, a decent pub and seeing old friends, I was mortified as to how things are still the same, but so much different. Seems to me that Blighty has gone well down hill. The country has totally lost it's identity. It has been so absorbed with the ramifications of immigrants coming and going etc. Just ask anyone about the Kosovan gangs, gypsies and the like who are taking over the place. Na, there will be no returning there for this scribe!
Old Jan 21st 2008, 2:06 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roanin
When I get sick of things here, and start to think about moving back, I always seem to remember all the reasons I left there in the first place! I came here in 1987 and did not go back until three years ago. In my opinion, apart from a nice walk along a country lane, a decent pub and seeing old friends, I was mortified as to how things are still the same, but so much different. Seems to me that Blighty has gone well down hill. The country has totally lost it's identity. It has been so absorbed with the ramifications of immigrants coming and going etc. Just ask anyone about the Kosovan gangs, gypsies and the like who are taking over the place. Na, there will be no returning there for this scribe!

Hey I come from a gypsy family thank you...and they have been in the UK for a long time....trouble starts because people don't know the difference between real Gypsies and tinkers etc...and with the council not letting you pay to dump your rubbish...
Old Jan 21st 2008, 2:13 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

I think those of us who move away from our roots, for want of a better word, probably have a little "gypsy in their soul". Nothing wrong with that. I hate it that some people who move from one country to another often cite the reason as "immigration problems".............we're all immigrants when we make such a move, even if it's only from one city or town to another.