We leave next week!!!

Old Apr 29th 2009, 1:00 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We leave next week!!!

[QUOTE=maka paka;7514230][SIZE="3"]It'll be the best thing you've ever done hands down.

Hello maka paka - can i ask why Brisbane was so miserable for you for the two years you were here?

I ask because i wanna go back to Scotland and it's becoming a daily obsession for me now!

HOw did it feel to finally land at Glasgow airport (if in fact it was Glasgow!)

Sorry for all the nosey questions
Old Apr 29th 2009, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

tuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nicetuppins is just really nice

Good on ya!
Wish we could leave earlier.... . .. . .booked Singapore sale flights which are non changeable so don't think that they would change the schedule
Goodluck with it all
Old Apr 30th 2009, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Location: Back in Scotland after two dreadful years in Brisbane.
maka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=St.Georges Girl;7521639]Oh sod it, my wedding day was a disaster from start to finish.

Awwwwww!.
That saddens me,
I'm tempted to ask why???
Old Apr 30th 2009, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Location: Back in Scotland after two dreadful years in Brisbane.
maka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of light

Hello maka paka - can i ask why Brisbane was so miserable for you for the two years you were here?

I ask because i wanna go back to Scotland and it's becoming a daily obsession for me now!

Hi scottishcelts,
I didn't think Brisbane is as good as some people make out,in fact it was the most dull boring place I have ever been.
I hated the sport(Rugby,Cricket...Pish!!),the crazy early start time of work,the way you have to drive everywhere,the crackpot drivers,crappy V8 clapped out cars,the way the Aussies were overly enthusiastic about cars,fishing,barbies!!

The food was under par,curries were terrible,it was pitch black by 6-7 o'clock all year round.
I suppose I was out my comfort zone and I missed too many things about Britain.
When I arrived back in Glasgow it was great..Seeing friends and family again and getting back into the swing of things didn't take long at all.
I have never looked back and I don't miss anything significant about Oz at all.
I'm one happy bunny,and If you have the same feelings as me,then you will also love it when you get back,If your coming back that is.
There is no place like Scotland,In my opinion!!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 11:47 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

There is no place like HOME is there

Ild nearly forgotten how bad the drivers were, also don't forget how expensive it is. how cold the winter gets and the houses are freezing

Beef sausages yuck

need i say more, I also returned home and I'm loving it, only I'm in Ireland. good luck to any one returning
Old May 1st 2009, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
Sh***in' Hell, when did that happen?!?!? Come round so quick and still so much to do (mainly 'cos I've done nothing, thinking we've got ages!)

Spent the evening washing out kitchen cupboards, clearing the garden and ironing - ****** knackered now (wine is helping).

Oven tomorrow (after the cake fiasco!), bathroom, more ironing. Inspection Friday (stand by your beds!!!) into town to collect bond money. Farewells from Saturday through to Monday, packers Tuesday and Wednesday, fly to Sydney on Thursday for a few days (surprise for Ruby, who's wanted to go since the day she saw Nemo!) from Sydney to home on Sunday, arrive home Monday, barbeque at me mates house Monday PM (yes, of course I can do it!), birthday Friday, dead from there on in!!!!!

Dunno whether I'm ring tapped or boared at the mo!

Good luck on your return. It's much better here!
Old May 1st 2009, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by kevin747
Good luck on your return. It's much better here!
Better isn't the word mate..............far bloody superior

I feel so ashamed that i never noticed before, so i thank OZ for making me realise just how Great UK is...
Old May 1st 2009, 7:07 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Better isn't the word mate..............far bloody superior

I feel so ashamed that i never noticed before, so i thank OZ for making me realise just how Great UK is...
Here here!!

Did you have sunshine today Rach? I cant believe i got a tad of sunburn today! Lots of driving with the window down. Now the left side of my face is red and the other pearly white
Old May 2nd 2009, 12:56 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maka paka

Hi scottishcelts,
I didn't think Brisbane is as good as some people make out,in fact it was the most dull boring place I have ever been.
I hated the sport(Rugby,Cricket...Pish!!),the crazy early start time of work,the way you have to drive everywhere,the crackpot drivers,crappy V8 clapped out cars,the way the Aussies were overly enthusiastic about cars,fishing,barbies!!

The food was under par,curries were terrible,it was pitch black by 6-7 o'clock all year round.
When I arrived back in Glasgow it was great..Seeing friends and family again and getting back into the swing of things didn't take long at all.
I'm one happy bunny,and If you have the same feelings as me,then you will also love it when you get back,If your coming back that is.
My feelings exactly! We are thinking on going home around Feb - that's if we can get the house sold with the impending recession here. House purchases/sales haven't yet been affected and are still selling like hot cakes, so hopefully will continue through to after xmas!

Australia is so overrated and despite doing 2 years of research, nothing can prepare anyone for what's in store! I suppose that's why people swear by a reccie trip - we never done one, just arrived!
Old May 2nd 2009, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck with your move, keep us posted.
Old May 2nd 2009, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Jay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really nice

I haven't read every reply but are you moving to Adelaide? I noticed your flying to Sydney but you name says 3 going mad in Adelaide.
Old May 2nd 2009, 5:42 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maka paka

Hi scottishcelts,

I am soooooooooooo jealous. When i was back in scotland a couple of months ago , it was fantastic, getting off at glasgow airport and seeing all the scottish flags everywhere and the guy at customs saying 'how ya doin', instead of the how you going, are you having a good day pish, i wish they would all shut the f up.

I must admit i spent most of my time shopping, eating , drinking and in the pub It was fab seeing rellies, but honestly it was most fab just being home.

good luck maka paka and let us know how things turn out
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:44 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jay-Producer
I haven't read every reply but are you moving to Adelaide? I noticed your flying to Sydney but you name says 3 going mad in Adelaide.
No they are leaving Adelaide, hence the name 3 go mad lol....they are coming back to UK.

Good luck
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Jay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
No they are leaving Adelaide, hence the name 3 go mad lol....they are coming back to UK.

Good luck
It could mean 3 go mad in Adelaide. Meaning they are having a ball raving, drinking and whatever. I like Adelaide. I was their for 6-months. I loved going up to the winneries, there is a fantastic drive up their outside Adelaide.
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jay-Producer
It could mean 3 go mad in Adelaide. Meaning they are having a ball raving, drinking and whatever. I like Adelaide. I was their for 6-months. I loved going up to the winneries, there is a fantastic drive up their outside Adelaide.
Yes it could have meant they are having a ball, but in this case i think they were going nuts with boredom lol.
I felt the same in Perth, i was brain dead. Maybe Sydney was the place for me, i'll never know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.